United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2015, 07:13 PM
wiganste

Default Phil Jones

I'm a bit sick of this @#%&! now. He's not shit, he is sometimes useful but £#%&! me, he gets an injury or some kind of knock in almost every game he plays. Stupid, clumsy @#%&!.

Time to get rid in January/summer I reckon. Give someone else the chance to have the new Duncan Edwards on their payroll/ treatment table

Unread 22-11-2015, 07:19 PM
no fun

Generally he plays ok, but I always get nervy when he's going into a tackle in our box, always liable to give a pen away....and like you say he's such a clumsy @#%&! he is always going to get injured

Unread 22-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Stubbsy

Hes £#%&!ing shite.

Shouldve been sold long ago.

Hate the @#%&!.

Unread 22-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Tiberian

He has played well over the last year, been improving, not as markedly as Smalling, but much of that is down to injuries.

No reason to give up on him based on performances.

Unread 22-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Bobda

I've no doubt he could go up a level, same as Mike, if he wasn't so injury prone.

If he had a complete year off football, does anyone reckon it would save his career? Dont see the point in injury prone players getting 20 games a season year after year. Cut our losses or give him some time off.

Unread 22-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Sparky***

Welcome to 2011.

Unread 22-11-2015, 07:54 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'm a bit sick of this @#%&! now. He's not shit,
He is. An absolute @#%&!shit of a footballer

Unread 22-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Mr_Ed

We need that gif of his 'tackle' on Giroud from last season...

Unread 22-11-2015, 07:59 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He has played well over the last year, been improving, not as markedly as Smalling, but much of that is down to injuries.

There's no sign of his injury proneness going away though that's the problem.

Unread 22-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
There's no sign of his injury proneness going away though that's the problem.
130 games played in the 4 full seasons he has been at Utd, not that bad a number. It is a problem though because in that position you want stability and partnerships building. This season has barely started for him.

Unread 22-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Red Al

Had high hopes for him when he first came here but it just seems rinse and repeat with him. I.e.
One brainfart a game then gets injured and is out for at least a month after about five games
Decent squad/backup player is all Jones is(the English John Oshea)

Unread 22-11-2015, 08:50 PM
King Eric

I thought he was 100% bang on to be a United Legend when we first got him. He has got nowhere near what I thought he would become, which is a shame for him and also us.

Unread 22-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Billy Redface

He's heading towards the point Rafael hit this summer where injuries essentially wrecked his United career.

He's not there yet, but he's not far off. Any speculation about good he is or how much can improve is irrelevant if he can't stay fit.

Unread 23-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
Hes £#%&!ing shite.

Shouldve been sold long ago.

Hate the c***.
This

Add to that he's injury prone it's just a £#%&!ing hindrance.

Unread 23-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Cream

Quote:

This.

Attack his brittle bones, not the player.

That being said, how is it that he played so consistently well for Blackburn? He was (reportedly, I never saw him play) a bit like John Stones at the time.

Unread 23-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Grimson

Quote:
130 games played in the 4 full seasons he has been at Utd, not that bad a number. It is a problem though because in that position you want stability and partnerships building. This season has barely started for him.
100 in the league from a possible 165. As you say, for a first-choice centre back, that's not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobda

If he had a complete year off football, does anyone reckon it would save his career? Dont see the point in injury prone players getting 20 games a season year after year. Cut our losses or give him some time off.
That is way too sensible for modern football.

Unread 23-11-2015, 09:54 AM
atticusgrinch

Unread 23-11-2015, 10:40 AM
My Name is Keith

Really have struggled to warm to a player who plays like he's pissed up all the time. Makes me cringe to watch him galooping around like an energetic well meaning tramp.

But if lvg can transform Mike s into the animal that he now is then why can't the same be true for pissed up phil?

Think we've got to stick by the stupid gurning @#%&! and see if he can be made good again.

Unread 23-11-2015, 10:44 AM
dunk

He's had shit luck with injuries, certainly self inflected at times but thrombosis ffs

What happened to him in Saturday? Was it a knock or something just went?

Personally think him and Smalling are our best CB pairing by some distance, they've managed to sort Smalling out injury and performance wise, hope they can sort Phil out. Just know if he leaves wherever he lands he'll be John Terry Pt.2 in terms of performance and consistency
Closed Thread