United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 20-01-2014, 01:35 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
There were rumours that the ACS was going to become 100% voluntary again.

Seems too good to be true though.
They'll bend over backwards for the fans this summer.

Unread 20-01-2014, 01:36 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Have they ever released a retro version of that?
Scoredraw make a versions of it, the old man wasn't too impressed with his.
A kit without a sponsor and the gimps to £#%&! off would be an ideal start to next season.

Unread 20-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
It could actually be beneficial for them. I reckon a lot of people who don't renew do so because of the ACS.

I believe the ACS was optional for the Europa and is for the League cup, so they'd make very little money from it next season any way.

They probably see it as a way of gaining support without actually having to give much up.

Unread 20-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Matchday income is less than a quarter of total revenue for the first time ever. Presume no other club has 'achieved' that yet.

They dont give a £#%&! about the fans

Unread 20-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Old Mathers

It would be a deal breaker for me this time

Unread 20-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mathers
It would be a deal breaker for me this time
I think it would for a lot of people.

With qualifiers there could be 8 Europa league games at OT next season. Add to that a couple of shitty League Cup matches and a non glamorous FA Cup tie and you're looking at paying £500 extra for matches you'd rather not go to.

If season ticket sales aren't high, games against the likes of Cardiff, Norwich etc... will struggle to sell out. They struggle now and something like 80% of the ground is ST's and away fans.

As Switchers says, match day revenue isn't actually that important any more, but large areas of empty seats would be damaging to the 'brand'

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Sparky***

Isn't match day revenue something like £1m?

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:32 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No that's the transfer budget.

Unread 20-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Closer to £4m

Unread 20-01-2014, 04:43 PM
teflon_terry

I'm pretty sure there is a damn good song in here somewhere to the tune of American Pie.

Only got the first line so far though.

A long long time ago
I can still remember
How the football used to make me smile