Closed Thread

Unread 29-12-2022, 06:34 PM
puressence

But Liverpool don’t spend money

Unread 27-01-2023, 11:22 AM
Vedder

Unread 27-01-2023, 11:59 AM
Selhurst Samurai

The sooner this sale goes through the better.

Whether we would be interested in Caicedo or not, we need to add quality in our midfield options and not being able to spend on permanent signings will keep us in limbo.

Unread 27-01-2023, 12:03 PM
magic_cantona

I thought Bissouma was Brightons (and the worlds) best midfielder? He's done absolutely £#%&! all at Spurs.

Matches
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Is Caicedo a better bet?

Unread 27-01-2023, 12:32 PM
Vedder

Could have signed him for 4m two season ago. Gone on record saying his dream is to play for United. Ignored him wonderful business yet again United

Unread 27-01-2023, 12:34 PM
puressence

fact 90 percent of the forum mocked ole when we got linked

Unread 27-01-2023, 12:47 PM
goldfinger II

He had multiple agents or people claiming to be his agent, at the time we were after him, apparently.

Might have been worth finding a solution for that.

Unread 27-01-2023, 12:57 PM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Could have signed him for 4m two season ago. Gone on record saying his dream is to play for United. Ignored him wonderful business yet again United
Ah yes this is what's known as 'classic vedders', hates the players we do signs, lambasts the club for the ones we don't.

Unread 27-01-2023, 01:01 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Ifs and buts. There are dozens of players we “miss out on” , dozens of players other teams miss out on.

You don’t know how they will develop etc. when you scout so many players you’re going have some you “miss out on” on the sheer numbers of players you look for.

The only time I would feel gutted is if we miss out on a generational talent.

Caicedo probably is a very good player. However I’m sure there are many options out there if players who play to a similar level.

Unread 27-01-2023, 02:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Ah yes this is what's known as 'classic vedders', hates the players we do signs, lambasts the club for the ones we don't.

He's nothing special at all ....moise not Veds.

Unread 27-01-2023, 02:29 PM
Ethers

Quote:
If we had signed him for £4m years ago, Vedders would have had him on fraud watch after 3 games “this is what you get when you try bargain basement signings instead of splashing the cash on proven quality”

Unread 27-01-2023, 02:40 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

He's nothing special at all ....moise not Veds.
I agree. He’s decent. And a bargain for what they paid. Tidy player but 60 million? Not sure about that.

Unread 27-01-2023, 02:45 PM
AK14

Arsenal doing their utmost to make sure they win the league and throwing everything at it, fair play to the @#%&!s.

Unread 27-01-2023, 02:54 PM
dunk

He’s decent, I like him, but not for £60m.

Unread 27-01-2023, 03:30 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
He had multiple agents or people claiming to be his agent, at the time we were after him, apparently.

Might have been worth finding a solution for that.
For an extra few mill in agents fees yes.

The club doesn't want people taking the piss, but Brighton got him cheap as chips.

Unread 27-01-2023, 03:32 PM
dunk

I'm surprised Arsenal aren't goin back for Douglas Luiz from Villa, they had a few nibbles in the summer and should be miles cheaper given his contract status.

Unread 27-01-2023, 04:24 PM
Vedder

I don’t think he’s worth that either but surely he was worth a punt at 4m ffs and I wouldn’t have slagged him off because he would have cost us 4 £#%&!ing million, that’s why I don’t slag Malacia off. Cost 15m, who cares if he’s a bit shit.

Quote:
Only player I have a problem with is the Eredivise Albrighton, probably because he’s absolutely shite and cost 90m. Why do you think he’s been getting pelters lately from the media and social media? Because he’s a good player?

Unread 27-01-2023, 04:44 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I don’t think he’s worth that either but surely he was worth a punt at 4m ffs and I wouldn’t have slagged him off because he would have cost us 4 £#%&!ing million, that’s why I don’t slag Malacia off. Cost 15m, who cares if he’s a bit shit.

Only player I have a problem with is the Eredivise Albrighton, probably because he’s absolutely shite and cost 90m. Why do you think he’s been getting pelters lately from the media and social media? Because he’s a good player?
That’s strange pal, because Weghorst cost £#%&! all, and you said we were a laughing stock for signing him, and called him and absolute slug after his first game

Unread 27-01-2023, 04:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
That’s strange pal, because Weghorst cost £#%&! all, and you said we were a laughing stock for signing him, and called him and absolute slug after his first game

Also fuming because we've sold Elanga for £10m

Unread 27-01-2023, 05:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Also fuming because we've sold Elanga for £10m
Ffs, you got my hopes up then
Closed Thread