United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
View Poll Results: clearing out old stuff...
im brutal, if its not been used recently its going. no sentimental attachment to anything 7 28.00%
im a hoarder. anything not of use now will have a use or come back in fashion... 5 20.00%
good when forced into it e.g house/location moves 4 16.00%
have phases of active decluttering. possible biploar 5 20.00%
overdid the options 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 04:45 PM
est.1878
 
Post clear outs : declare your mentality

currently struggling to clear out some storage....

ignore dvds ... have actually got vhs's (and no player....)

multiple boxes of utd programmes and fanzines...

clothes that havent worn for maybe 5 years...

someone give me wise words to do a full load charity shop drop...

postscipt - last huge clearout/downsize about 15 years ago the united shirts gave away appear to be worth 300 quid each now...
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 04:51 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Ruthless as f*** in the first 5 minutes....

"Well If it's in here, we haven't used it in X years, it's gone"

Flips and I start side loading gear, normally mine ..

Re tidy the same space 5 months later ...

Repeat....

Got VHS And DVD myself
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 04:56 PM
suedeshoes
 
Default

Keep it all.

Had loads of clear outs. Now I regret getting rid of loads of stuff. The stuff I don't regret getting rid of?...it wouldn't matter if I'd got rid of it or not.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Poop
 
Default

ffs, clothes, tons of empty boxes, electronics, paint tins, dvd's, clothes, magazines, tiles, have a skip full of shite in the garage. Out of view there is a full flat pack kitchen I bought in 2017 for four grand. Its probably been eaten by the spiders by now. Loads of crap belongs to family members too. Haven't put my car in it for over three years...



Depresses the f*** out of me tbh. I'd chuck a match to it if it were an outside garage and claim the insurance.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:04 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Going to hire a skip this year and throw out the lot.

Did a clear out of the garage last year, but kept the bike I havenít ridden since 1994 and the golf clubs that havenít been used since 1993. Just in case.

This is the fifth house they have gathered dust in. Itís a sickness.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:07 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
someone give me wise words to do a full load charity shop drop...
clothes you haven't worn for 5 years, you don't need.

little diy things that you can bodge something with later... hands the f*** off, declutterer!
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:10 PM
Jethro
 
Default

Everything goes. Having a skip outside for a few months was like a continuous Christmas.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:11 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

Iíve still got t shirts somewhere from when I was 16/17 and rake thin.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:15 PM
est.1878
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
Keep it all.

Had loads of clear outs. Now I regret getting rid of loads of stuff. The stuff I don't regret getting rid of?...it wouldn't matter if I'd got rid of it or not.
And hereth operation declutter 2023 d'oth end. Thanks, (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
clothes you haven't worn for 5 years, you don't need.
I didn't need my 90s scally berghaus etc stuff (*gorpcore) but if I'd kept it I could now be king of the northern quarter...

Maybe I just need a stuff to loft black ops
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:23 PM
moransbleedinghead
 
Default

Ruthless for everything except old chargers, cables (vga, hdmi, aux, weird ones that plugged into the back of old stereos) , any type of adapter.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:26 PM
suedeshoes
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
clothes you haven't worn for 5 years, you don't need.
If you have good quality, well-designed clothes, you'll need them forever. Or your children will.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:29 PM
silv
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
If you have good quality, well-designed clothes, you'll need them forever. Or your children will.
what about shit your family get you?

I have a pair of crocs, which I inherited, and wear exclusively in the garden except for one time where I wore them on the drive.

My sister bought me a croc christmas jumper this year
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:33 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
If you have good quality, well-designed clothes, you'll need them forever. Or your children will.
yeah, but... why haven't you worn them for five years?
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:39 PM
suedeshoes
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
what about shit your family get you?

I have a pair of crocs, which I inherited, and wear exclusively in the garden except for one time where I wore them on the drive.

My sister bought me a croc christmas jumper this year
"Good quality, well designed".

Crocs are both tbf. Recycle if you're not keeping them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
yeah, but... why haven't you worn them for five years?
There could be loads of reasons. Doesn't mean that you won't wear them in five years from now.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:42 PM
tatty
 
Default

Iím brutal with clear outs, love a virtually empty house.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:42 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
There could be loads of reasons. Doesn't mean that you won't wear them in five years from now.
one of those reasons could be you don't really need them. five years is an awfully long time not to wear something.

I never throw anything away unless it can't be repaired, but I think esters has a load of stuff he knows is embarrassing.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:46 PM
est.1878
 
Default

I think If you are brutal then you are prepared for death and more enlightened. It's a stage and state we should all seek to attain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
I think esters has a load of stuff he knows is embarrassing.
There's the vhs of the itv news interview in May 1999 for starters
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:53 PM
Sapien
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moransbleedinghead View Post
Ruthless for everything except old chargers, cables (vga, hdmi, aux, weird ones that plugged into the back of old stereos) , any type of adapter.
Yup this is me too. Huge box of jumbled cables in the garage, 98% of which will never get used and 40% of which I couldn't tell you what they're for.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:53 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
I think If you are brutal then you are prepared for death and more enlightened. It's a stage and state we should all seek to attain.
always leave something to do. once you have achieved kondo nirvana, you will simply keel over and die. be careful.
 
Unread 24-01-2023, 05:57 PM
goldfinger II
 
Default

Hate throwing stuff away but did get rid of all DVD and CD covers recently, freeing up several drawers. Every disc I wanted to keep fitted into this case:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1




Looks fine sitting under the TV. Highly recommend.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: clear outs : declare your mentality
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
January Ins/Outs TheFatGoth Football 116 12-11-2017 05:02 PM
Ins and Outs Summer 2017 Bunker Buster Football 77 10-05-2017 03:02 PM
Van Persie for the chops and more ins and outs gbmufc Football 9 31-08-2014 01:19 AM
Ins and Outs this summer. magic_cantona Football 60 10-05-2008 04:30 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:39 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.