United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 24-01-2023, 11:59 AM
Jethro

Default 2023 Fitness Thread

Let's get this going.

Getting a good 7/8 hour sleep at night but still drained come the morning. Takes me till the afternoon to actually have something resembling get up and go. Any tips? Supplements, drinks, things to avoid?

Haven't been to the gym yet this year but getting back into DDP Yoga. Plagued by injuries so taking it one step at a time.

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:05 PM
dunk

Same on the sleep thing, just absolutely knackered atm, Iím eating well, not drinking much at all, exercising, sleeping well but just constantly tired.

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:07 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Same on the sleep thing, just absolutely knackered atm, Iím eating well, not drinking much at all, exercising, sleeping well but just constantly tired.
it's all of your negative orgones mate

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:11 PM
Bunker Buster

Exercise - same as always...

4 weeks into ZERO carbs (well 20mg daily) as always it's an absolute piece of piss, but gets boring.....

Amazed how much shit I normally chuck down my grid from crisps to pasties etc (always been a savoury head)

Did 8 weeks last January but probably won't go that long this time ...

I spotted a chippy tea online the other night and was in tears....

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:21 PM
Coracao

Started slacking previous 12 - 18 months.

Flicked the switch on 1 Jan. 23 days out of 23 so far.

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:42 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

4 weeks into ZERO carbs (well 20mg daily) as always it's an absolute piece of piss, but gets boring.....

Amazed how much shit I normally chuck down my grid from crisps to pasties etc (always been a savoury head)

how is Halloumi life?

Unread 24-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
how is Halloumi life?
Off it, no cheese.....

Just checked and it has 0mg carbs but it looks like chips sweet sweet chips....

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:22 PM
suedeshoes

I'm sharing the tiredness thing. Feel fatigued a lot. Eating fine, no alcohol, decent exercise (walking/hiking, yoga/pilates and weights) but getting dead tired and sleepy. Feeling a bit of breathlessness too but I've been to the doctors and I'm 'fine'.

Doctor talked about Long Covid stuff but I dunno

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:23 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

Keto or just just a complete sweep of no carbs? Keto was good but not doing it again. Quick fix that ruins your gut.

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Keto or just just a complete sweep of no carbs? Keto was good but not doing it again. Quick fix that ruins your gut.
Not sure of it's full name, think it's keto Mrs tried it few years back and now I like to do a few months, Jan / Feb each year.....

Gut is fine, never hungry just cry at potatos....

Just had 2 lamb chops and some broccoli....

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:33 PM
est.1878

Everyone who works inside in Northern Europe should take vit d sups...

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:42 PM
Finport Red

Iíve been more tired this January than ever. Glad Iím not alone.

Havenít really got into a fitness regime, other than walking the dog every day, but a few pounds usually disappear in January when I start eating semi-properly again after Christmas. Hasnít happened this year.

Gonna have to cut my hair and nails, see if that helps

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
it's all of your negative orgones mate
More likely a side effect from being exposed to your posts tbh.

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:53 PM
est.1878

Got a Garmin at Xmas and developing a semi serious relationship with its stat output... Swolf etc whole new world for me

Doing a Chester Road HR up to 176 on bike commute, pretty much my maximum based on 220-age. Not sure if it's effort or helmet less other road user anxiety... Still cycled in the snow last week on road tyres and the warm shower afterwards was heaven precursor

Unread 24-01-2023, 02:00 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Got a Garmin at Xmas and developing a semi serious relationship with its stat output... Swolf etc whole new world for me

Doing a Chester Road HR up to 176 on bike commute, pretty much my maximum based on 220-age. Not sure if it's effort or helmet less other road user anxiety... Still cycled in the snow last week on road tyres and the warm shower afterwards was heaven precursor
There wonít be any cyclists in heaven mate.

Unread 24-01-2023, 02:13 PM
Jack Duckworth

I was doing well up until December but I've eaten like crap since.

Planning on upping my walking and running from next week, together with a new strength training programme.

Need to lay off the alcohol and kettle chips too

Unread 24-01-2023, 02:18 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Everyone who works inside in Northern Europe should take vit d sups...
4000iu's daily here chief... Vit D reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Let's get this going.

Getting a good 7/8 hour sleep at night but still drained come the morning. Takes me till the afternoon to actually have something resembling get up and go. Any tips? Supplements, drinks, things to avoid?

Haven't been to the gym yet this year but getting back into DDP Yoga. Plagued by injuries so taking it one step at a time.

Only supplements/vits worth a damn IMO -

Multi Vit
Vit D (see above)
Creatine
Caffeine [but not after 1pm ]
Protein (if you don't get enough in your diet)

Anyone trying to sell you anything else just wants your money...

Unread 24-01-2023, 02:56 PM
Chorlton74

new pair of terrex walkers. 3 miles up and down blackpool prom every day. still not got much interest in booze and my sleep is the best i've ever known. just need to lower cholesterol and all is good.

Unread 24-01-2023, 03:31 PM
tatty

Back in the gym after unintentionally losing 1.5st in pretty short order.

GP sent me for blood tests because Iíd had stomach pains for a couple of months as well but the results came back clear.

Trying to get my weight back up with a little more muscle than fat ideally.

Unread 24-01-2023, 09:01 PM
hopkins

No caffeine after 12
No screens hour before bed. Try and read or listen to music
Drink plenty of water
Try to eat more green veg and pulses
Vit D, iron, omega 3 and calcium

The big one is booze. That can really mess up sleep and wipe you out next day sadly. If I have a drink it's usually straight after work, or not too late at weekends