United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 23-01-2023, 04:02 PM
Switching Off

Exclamation Bregret: Brexit in 2023

Now that Leavers have realised the Remainers were right all along, how does this play out in 2023?

Will we finally get a fix for the NI protocol, that is marginally better than the current one, but still suboptimal, or will ministers still be ignoring the housing crisis, the NHS crisis, the energy crisis and the social care crisis in December as they try to remedy a problem that needn't exist?

Will the sunlit uplands appear on the horizon before the solstice?

Will we finally use our new powers to send desperate children to Rwanda, assuming they haven't already been kidnapped from the streets of Albion?

And will our glorious civil servants be able to strike off 4,000 laws from the statue books by year end, as they've been tasked?

Breakthrough year ahead

Unread 23-01-2023, 04:07 PM
tatty

It certainly seems time for mature reflection on the very real benefits that membership of the EU brought.

Yes, there were issues but not that warranted leaving imo.

Unread 23-01-2023, 04:08 PM
NedKelly

Would love a Farage campaign to rejoin the EU. Just a shameless 180 from him, leaving everyone on all sides confused about who to support.

RejEUvinate
Bre-entry
Brentrance

Unread 23-01-2023, 04:08 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off View Post
Now that Leavers have realised the Remainers were right all along, how does this play out in 2023?

:
Oh ffs

Donít take the bait jem

Unread 23-01-2023, 04:24 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Would love a Farage campaign to rejoin the EU. Just a shameless 180 from him, leaving everyone on all sides confused about who to support.

RejEUvinate
Bre-entry
Brentrance
John Fashaneu to be the face. Aweuga!

Unread 23-01-2023, 04:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
Oh ffs

Donít take the bait jem

Unread 23-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Bunker Buster

FFS, let it go.....

Unread 23-01-2023, 05:01 PM
Finport Red

Unread 23-01-2023, 05:04 PM
Long tongue phooey

Not much better in the rest of Europe.

If it helps though, we are also blaming Brexit

Unread 23-01-2023, 05:06 PM
Sapien

Big Perkesy still beating the drum

https://inews.co.uk/news/was-lied-bo...-boost-2096883

Unread 23-01-2023, 05:48 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
FFS, let it go.....
Youíre a warrior pal

Alpha male

Head Of The Table

The Big Dog

High Commissioner on The Island Of Relevancy

I doubt youíd back down in any fight

Honestly donít understand why you accept this hammer blow to our nation.

If a foreign power had damaged us like Brexit has, youíd have been bayoneting them in the liver 20 years ago

Itís not like getting over a bad football result, a death or losing the Eurovision Song Contest - those can and should be gotten over.

This is an ongoing attack on our people by well meaning folk but also our enemies.

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:04 PM
BarryX

Brevolving Doors

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:10 PM
Hyman_Roth

Well said switchers. Itís now widely acknowledged that brexit is a disaster. Thatís an unarguable fact. But itís an ongoing disaster - not something that simply happens and then everything goes back to normal.

The sensible political route is closer alignment with our biggest trading partner - something so obvious that itís embarrassing to have to point it out - any coherent functioning country would aim for it but as we all know too well, weíve long since been that type of country.

Not sure why anyone would want to ignore this issue but hay, of course thereís the important job of liking instagram posts that consume people I guess. My only question is whether itís pointless to push an argument so comprehensively won but whatís there to lose?

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:26 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Well said switchers. Itís now widely acknowledged that brexit is a disaster.
Lads lads lads

Stop it

Let sleeping Jems lie

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Well said switchers. Itís now widely acknowledged that brexit is a disaster. Thatís an unarguable fact. But itís an ongoing disaster - not something that simply happens and then everything goes back to normal. ?
How has it changed your everyday life ?

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:37 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post

RejEUvinate
Bre-entry
Brentrance
Heís the only man who can take us back in to the EU where we belong.

A Farage Barage is what we need.

Unread 23-01-2023, 07:13 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
How has it changed your everyday life ?
Sorry for barging in but I'll give you 3 examples

1) When I was the victim of my botched operation, I needed somewhere to recover. If but for Brexit I could have gone to my small apartment in Germany - my life's bolthole. I could have recovered and lived there. Thanks to Brexit - nope. The hoops to now jump through made it too difficult. Previously - I could have just turned up and took it from there.

2) the main NHS neurosurgeon here in Aberdeenshire left and returned to Spain. They've not replaced him yet. According to a friend, guess what pushed him....

3) Missed out on applying for a perfect job for me in Geneva again....EU applicants only....

Unread 23-01-2023, 07:24 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
Sorry for barging in but I'll give you 3 examples

1) When I was the victim of my botched operation, I needed somewhere to recover. If but for Brexit I could have gone to my small apartment in Germany - my life's bolthole. I could have recovered and lived there. Thanks to Brexit - nope. The hoops to now jump through made it too difficult. Previously - I could have just turned up and took it from there.

2) the main NHS neurosurgeon here in Aberdeenshire left and returned to Spain. They've not replaced him yet. According to a friend, guess what pushed him....

3) Missed out on applying for a perfect job for me in Geneva again....EU applicants only....
Why did someone wake up and decide warm, lovely, sunny Spain might be a better life choice than cold, dank, porridge gobbling, drug-ridden, grey and miserable Scotland?

Iím gonna guess Brexit. Was it brexit?

Unread 23-01-2023, 07:29 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Why did someone wake up and decide warm, lovely, sunny Spain might be a better life choice than cold, dank, porridge gobbling, drug-ridden, grey and miserable Scotland?

Iím gonna guess Brexit. Was it brexit?
Stay in Scotland and see Heath in nothing but scrubs, chatting about wrestling as he's being put under or move to Spain? It's a tough one no question

Unread 23-01-2023, 07:33 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Stay in Scotland and see Heath in nothing but scrubs, chatting about wrestling as he's being put under or move to Spain? It's a tough one no question
ďMore morphine for the berk in the corner bed thatís wittering on about Andrew state please nurseÖĒ