United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-08-2022, 03:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
A season in the Championship could be fun tbf.
essential. maybe two.

but only if the glazers £#%&! off.

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Christ, we’re doing badly enough in our actual league without having to make one up.

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:11 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
martinez is meant to be able play dm, too.
according to whom, given our manager, who was his previous manager, said he can't?

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Everybody knows the team is shite, players need hanging , and the glazers need to £#%&! off already.
One thing I noticed yesterday

De gea. Ferguson signing

Dalot. Jose singing

Maguire. ole signing

Martinez ETH (not an issue the new manager should have players )

Shaw .lvg signing

The back 5 each had a player that was signed from 5 different managers

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:13 PM
redhegemony

How are we going to score any goals?

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:14 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Four players should be dropped immediately: DDG, Maguire, Shaw and Rashford. Plenty more could also be dropped but at least these four have instant replacements that would improve the team. Would also send a message for the future.

I'd also not block the door if Ronaldo wants out. He's still one of the best we have but of it's not working, it's not working.

If Erik doesn't show balls over the next 2-3 weeks then he's going to have to take a big part of the blame for everything that comes his way. I thought we were getting some stubborn manager who does things his way and isn't afraid to throw in younger players. Not so far.
Haven’t read anything beyond this tbh. It’s the only post that matters. Bang on. Sublimely put. Perfectly worded. Says everything I want to say, but better.

Get rid of those 4 dribbling little morons. Would also appreciate Erik announcing in the next press conference that he’s here to win trophies, not to feed children, hopefully with Rashford sat next to him.

Unread 14-08-2022, 04:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
There is no keeping them onside. Ole did everything to champion them and support them and they still did it. To mr £#%&!ing cuddly club legend Ole. They'll have no hesitation doing it to EtH.

He has to stamp his authority and be fearless of the repercussions. It's the only way he can win. Mou tried it but the board backed the players. If the club make the same mistake again then there's no fixing it.
A completely criminal act. Almost literally.

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:03 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Four players should be dropped immediately: DDG, Maguire, Shaw and Rashford. Plenty more could also be dropped but at least these four have instant replacements that would improve the team. Would also send a message for the future.

I'd also not block the door if Ronaldo wants out. He's still one of the best we have but of it's not working, it's not working.

If Erik doesn't show balls over the next 2-3 weeks then he's going to have to take a big part of the blame for everything that comes his way. I thought we were getting some stubborn manager who does things his way and isn't afraid to throw in younger players. Not so far.
Have only skimmed through because it’s too depressing but this above caught my eye.

He has a balancing act at the end of the day - a hugely expensive non performing squad - he can’t just drop them all and create rifts that can never be repaired - he’s got to find a way of getting these @#%&!s to perform whilst the club supports him finding their replacements. That will take time.

However, he has to make a statement and dropping those 4 absolute fannies is a good start.

I wouldn’t bother playing a striker against Liverpool - just stifle the game. Feels very Mou like but we’re absolutely in the gutter here and it’s damage limitation.

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
But that's the point: he doesn't.

He didn't have to let Henderson go. He didn't have to sign a midget centre back. He didn't have to name Maguire as his captain. He doesn't have to persist with Shaw. He could play Varane. He could play the kids and gain credit and time from the fans.

These are all his choices.
This is one that genuinely puzzles me, ngl.

I know the captaincy doesn't really "matter", but that's exactly why it was a relatively easy opportunity to make a symbolic statement.

Which he passed up on.

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:17 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
A completely criminal act. Almost literally.
A fair few fredsters agreed with Wooward doing that iirc?

Seemed crazy at the time. In hindsight was gross negligence.

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

I know the captaincy doesn't really "matter", but that's exactly why it was a relatively easy opportunity to make a symbolic statement.

Which he passed up on.
There’s nobody worth taking it off him for. If there was a standout candidate, fine, but having Maguire keep it allows for someone to actually step up and emerge as the true candidate. If he gave it to someone else and they just became a problem, it’s a much bigger climb down to change it then.

He won’t be in the side for much longer. At which point they’ll have a good reason to take it off him.

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:22 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Which he passed up on.
Well it’s also odd to come into a club, ask who the captain and say, ‘you’ve got to be £#%&!ing joking haven't you?’ and pick someone else.

He’s dealing with a very fragile situation and it’s a balancing act.

Dropping the captaincy from Maguire is something he can do at the end of this season imv.

Unread 14-08-2022, 05:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Well it’s also odd to come into a club, ask who the captain and say, ‘you’ve got to be £#%&!ing joking haven't you?’ and pick someone else.

He’s dealing with a very fragile situation and it’s a balancing act.

Dropping the captaincy from Maguire is something he can do at the end of this season imv.
This. It’s all well and good saying it makes a statement, but what’s the statement if you give it to:

Bruno - been shite for a year
DDG - been shite for three years and is a massive fanny
Ronaldo - wants to leave
The Scottish Player - please

Nobody deserves it. So leave it as it is and hold that one in reserve for further down the line.