United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-01-2023, 03:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Default Tyrell Malacia was incredible today....

Got all the levels of snide right with Mahrez from minute 1 he was into his back...

Good under pressure, always tough in his tackle...

For someone so young in his first season in this league that performance today was brilliant...

Great bit of business....

Unread 14-01-2023, 03:52 PM
dunk

Love the speed he gets out to wingers and his tenacity.

He’s ace

Unread 14-01-2023, 03:53 PM
Vedder

He was very good today fair play.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:00 PM
jem

I saw some kind of faded light in the sky, so I came to look.

played well, but still got stranded a couple of times, when de bruyne and walker got space (handled mahrez well, though). well done, mighty mouse.

was in my fantasy team, too.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

played well, but still got stranded a couple of times, when de bruyne and walker got space (handled mahrez well, though). well done, mighty mouse.

Watching you.

Gary Linekar eyes.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Watching you.

Gary Linekar eyes.
I was concerned at that back four. I will feel much better when shaw is back at lb and we have proper centre backs. but malacia did not let us down today.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:04 PM
AK14

Was just looking for his thread…

He was my MotM

He’s a lockdown defender and imo a better 1v1 defender than Shaw (who was good also tbf), when he starts to get his attacking output at high level he’ll be one of the best left backs in world football.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Never really got the criticism of him. Started great this season, had a bit of a wobble but had been good since coming back in.

Cracking signing. Like all of Erik’s signings.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:21 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Never really got the criticism of him. Started great this season, had a bit of a wobble but had been good since coming back in.

Cracking signing. Like all of Erik’s signings.
I actually think Luke shaw raised his game and then in turn makes malacia “look worse” to people.

Agree with you I think he has been decent to very good all season. Can’t remember a time when he was fully on his arse

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:30 PM
dunk

There’s also the point that Luke Shaw is actually very, very good, and is just an easy target for whipping boys due to his chunkiness and the general fat phobia, plus he’s been exposed by Barry Chuckle the microwave headed bastard for ages.

Unread 14-01-2023, 04:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There’s also the point that Luke Shaw is actually very, very good, and is just an easy target for whipping boys due to his chunkiness and the general fat phobia, plus he’s been exposed by Barry Chuckle the microwave headed bastard for ages.
Still carrying a few Christmas pounds, pal?

Unread 14-01-2023, 05:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Still carrying a few Christmas pounds, pal?

Unread 14-01-2023, 05:55 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

But?

He looked like a £400m player today. Captain by the Charity Shield.

Unread 14-01-2023, 06:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I actually think Luke shaw raised his game and then in turn makes malacia “look worse” to people.

Agree with you I think he has been decent to very good all season. Can’t remember a time when he was fully on his arse
this is bullshit about shaw raising his game. shaw is a very good player.

when malacia came in, his dervish enthusiasm was all part of the positive 10h lift. however, without being critical of him, he doesn't have the dynamic strength going forward or the relationship with rashford that shaw has. and, whilst he is a mighty mouse, he would still have trouble reaching the treats on the top shelf. even today, there was often a massive space at left back - which, to be fair was not entirely down to his overenthusiam or lack of experience as he was not only coping with mahrez, but overloads from de bruyne and walker - and all three of them are £#%&!ing good players.

he has potential and I was worried for him today. he did pretty well. but he is not taking shaw's place at this stage. I love his attitude (just needs to avoid rashness and being caught too far upfield). but he has had some games where he has looked out of his depth.

you want to talk about players who've actually been criticised harshly or actually raised their games or played particularly well today (as part of sensible tactical realignment), it's fred who needs his own thread.

Unread 16-01-2023, 09:27 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this is bullshit about shaw raising his game. shaw is a very good player.

when malacia came in, his dervish enthusiasm was all part of the positive 10h lift. however, without being critical of him, he doesn't have the dynamic strength going forward or the relationship with rashford that shaw has. and, whilst he is a mighty mouse, he would still have trouble reaching the treats on the top shelf. even today, there was often a massive space at left back - which, to be fair was not entirely down to his overenthusiam or lack of experience as he was not only coping with mahrez, but overloads from de bruyne and walker - and all three of them are £#%&!ing good players.

he has potential and I was worried for him today. he did pretty well. but he is not taking shaw's place at this stage. I love his attitude (just needs to avoid rashness and being caught too far upfield). but he has had some games where he has looked out of his depth.

you want to talk about players who've actually been criticised harshly or actually raised their games or played particularly well today (as part of sensible tactical realignment), it's fred who needs his own thread.
Thought Malacia was superb and thought Shaw at cb was superb too. Presume you’ve not watched Luke shaw ambling back after we’ve lost possession high up the field because that, and his unwillingness to get close to attackers (repeatedly stands off the winger to allow them space and time to cross) are my main problems with shaw. In terms of reading the game - he’s very good.

but Malacia has the fitness to manage high pressing and whilst a little raw, is it at least or could be, a breath of fresh air.

Shaws interactions with Rashford higher up the field are fairly predictable too - or they certainly have been - it would be good to see more of a rejuvenated shaw and rashers playing together now.

Unread 16-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Seamus

he's so much more confident on the ball, its great what a bit of coaching does.

Unread 16-01-2023, 09:46 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Thought Malacia was superb and thought Shaw at cb was superb too. Presume you’ve not watched Luke shaw ambling back after we’ve lost possession high up the field because that, and his unwillingness to get close to attackers (repeatedly stands off the winger to allow them space and time to cross) are my main problems with shaw. In terms of reading the game - he’s very good.

but Malacia has the fitness to manage high pressing and whilst a little raw, is it at least or could be, a breath of fresh air.

Shaws interactions with Rashford higher up the field are fairly predictable too - or they certainly have been - it would be good to see more of a rejuvenated shaw and rashers playing together now.
not unreasonable (and I want to see shaw doing more of the positive stuff - it's not that his play is predictable so much as safe), but... again... it's not an unfair criticism of malacia to say he's not as effective as shaw. shaw is a very good player.

Unread 16-01-2023, 09:47 AM
Joe Biden

He's not even close to shaws level. Good backup but that's it.

Unread 16-01-2023, 10:21 AM
Jethro

Bit of work to do in the final third but he's coming a long nicely. Tenacious little bastard.

Unread 16-01-2023, 12:20 PM
Selhurst Samurai

The days of Valencia and Young at full back for Christ's sake.

I think I've got some sort of PTSD from that.
Closed Thread