United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 16-11-2022, 10:22 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Exactly what Iíve been waiting for new quests! Ray tracing! I wonder if itíll finally look as good as it did at the initial reveal years ago. Perfect Christmas time gaming inbound looking forward to seeing what else theyíve added and fixed. Apparently they hired modders to work alongside the devs so Iím hopeful itíll be great.

If anyone hasnít played it yet, you know what to do!
Yeah I read that, class really. Makes a change from publishers doing everything they can to lock modders out of improving the messes they release.

Unread 16-11-2022, 06:51 PM
ragnorak

Free Witcher update coming as I am considering firing it up again? must be fate, Geralt is off a-shagging and tw*tting stuff. good times

Unread 23-11-2022, 06:57 AM
Drexl

XCOM 2

Bought this on a whim on sale: glad I did

Strategic/Tactical sci-fi turn-based thingy.

Take a squad of 4 to 6 marines into battle against aliens (rescue scientists/blow up facilities/stop civis being slaughtered type missions)

In between the missions, you have to improve/manage your HQ ship and strike a balance between: providing power, researching new tech, healing/training your squad, whilst contacting the resistance around the globe

Proper hard and unforgiving, with some right dirty tactics, and it doesn't give you a moments peace... but I cannot stop playing it

Unread 26-11-2022, 12:30 AM
Poop

Ghosts n' Goblins Resurrection.

Jesus f***ing Christ, I read about it being difficult but this is just straight up pixel perfect nonsense with enemies and projectiles coming at you from all corners of the screen. Absolutely no margin for error throughout, I don't know how people enjoy games like this. Pissed fifteen quid away on it through Steam, fortunately it was reduced from thirty. Refund requested regardless

It's this kind of shit throughout but with more going on. f*** off.

Unread Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Poop

^ Got my refund for that shite and bought Forza Horizon 4. I thought racing games were supposed to be fun, f***ing thing is like going for a quick drive being careful not to have a few bumps or scrapes. Awful game, boring as f***. And it wants me to go to a music festival and influence people. A racer for 'modern audiences' I guess.

Another refund requested

Unread Yesterday, 05:39 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop View Post
^ Got my refund for that shite and bought Forza Horizon 4. I thought racing games were supposed to be fun, f***ing thing is like going for a quick drive being careful not to have a few bumps or scrapes. Awful game, boring as f***. And it wants me to go to a music festival and influence people. A racer for 'modern audiences' I guess.

Another refund requested

Tried that for free with gamepass, looked amazing but ultimately boring as f***.

Unread Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Poop

Yep, give me something like Ridge Racer or Burnout any day over it.

Unread Yesterday, 06:09 PM
Joe Biden

Did you play the original ghosts n goblins pal? Spent many a pound on that bastard in the arcades as a yoot. Hardest f***ing game I come across.

Unread Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Poop

Years ago. Savage game. Super Ghouls n' Ghosts was my favourite. Ultimate (psp) was excellent too. Deserves a re-release on digital stores.

Unread Yesterday, 07:07 PM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden View Post
Did you play the original ghosts n goblins pal? Spent many a pound on that bastard in the arcades as a yoot. Hardest f***ing game I come across.
Same, spent a fortune playing that and other rock hard games, hello Shinobi. Some games I lasted a minute but I could make 10p last for ages or some games (1942, Bomb Jack, Street Fighter 2).

Arcade Reds