United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2023, 11:36 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Reminds me of going back to Radcliffe about 10 years ago and a complete baldie chap having a tattoo of Fergie's face on the back of his head.

Unread 10-06-2023, 04:56 PM
magic_cantona

Looks MENTAL

Unread 10-06-2023, 05:35 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Similar amount of parasols, people and excitement as the parish council’s summer fete, but in a much less favourable location.

Unread 10-06-2023, 06:02 PM
MagnificentSeven

for all the talk of how unbearable this will be, it has taken them 15 years since their buyout to win it. took chelsea almost half as long to win it since theirs.

we lived through liverpool winning it and then winning the title the following year. no one will care this time next week apart from their fans and their cheerleaders in the media.

i can't say i'm not a little bit pissed off that our record of being the only english club to ever win a treble is about to be ruined, but they're such a non entity of a club that it won't be anywhere near as historic as when we did it. they've just won three titles in a row and no one gave a £#%&!.

Unread 10-06-2023, 06:08 PM
armchair

We've got to take the hit. Maybe it'll help us let go of the past.

It's ancient history. There's a new bird on the perch.

Unread 10-06-2023, 06:16 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Yep. Nothing will ever take our experience away from us.

Unread 10-06-2023, 06:21 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
for all the talk of how unbearable this will be, it has taken them 15 years since their buyout to win it. took chelsea almost half as long to win it since theirs.

we lived through liverpool winning it and then winning the title the following year. no one will care this time next week apart from their fans and their cheerleaders in the media.

i can't say i'm not a little bit pissed off that our record of being the only english club to ever win a treble is about to be ruined, but they're such a non entity of a club that it won't be anywhere near as historic as when we did it. they've just won three titles in a row and no one gave a £#%&!.
Good post

I’m resigned to them winning it tonight, and unlike quite a few on the forum I have a lot of blue mates who will be giving me stick, so I will be replying to all texts later on with a prepared statement

“ if the pending investigation of financial impropriety clears Manchester City of any wrongdoing then I will reluctantly congratulate them on winning the treble. Until then I cannot accept the validity of this result”

Should get some bites

Unread 10-06-2023, 06:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

This.

I’m getting tired of people on Twitter listing all the reasons ours is better, before their’s has even happened. They’re not bad points, but they reek of insecurity.

One of the most embarrassing aspects of our success was the scrambling of ABUs trying to undermine it all.

They’re good. They’re going to do the treble. It’s shit. Just take it.

Unread 10-06-2023, 06:39 PM
ScarFace

Unread 10-06-2023, 06:46 PM
sweetleftfoot

There's a fat yonner on about Dickov on BT now...

Unread 10-06-2023, 06:48 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Will be surprised if ground is full. 20k City fans if that (less than WHU in Prague); 30k Italians. Some neutrals. Farce of a final in all respects.

Unread 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
est.1878

This will be the peak of us being cucked in 0161 and in reality the apt way to mark the end of the glazer era.

Unread 10-06-2023, 10:13 PM
red in cumbria

It would certainly be a good time for them to announce the sale.

Unread 10-06-2023, 10:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Can we throw this thread into the ocean now, please?

Unread 10-06-2023, 10:17 PM
red in cumbria

Ours was still better on a footballing level as well as being achieved more fairly.

Unread 10-06-2023, 10:22 PM
Vedder

I feel nothing. Artificial as £#%&!. Football is £#%&!ing dead anyway let’s get it right. The ‘sport’ is a £#%&!ing farce

Unread 10-06-2023, 10:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Artificial as £#%&!
Deep down, they know that too.

Unread 10-06-2023, 10:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
I feel nothing. Artificial as £#%&!. Football is £#%&!ing dead anyway let’s get it right. The ‘sport’ is a £#%&!ing farce
Yup

Game is long gone from what it was. The super league will come about again soon enough and eventually happen too.

Unread 10-06-2023, 10:27 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Careful mate. Dangerous this. The quilts on here don't like that kind of thinkin'

Unread 10-06-2023, 10:27 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Can we throw this thread into the ocean now, please?
Might be easier to just rename ahead of four in a row/quad
Closed Thread