United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 12-02-2010, 12:58 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Got to bring you passport to prove your birthplace.

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:10 PM
forzagarza

Default Re: Green & Gold - the next stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
Getting FC involved is a terrible idea.

Next stage should be badges, G&G ribbons paint etc and more scarfs and banners home and away.

a few celebs in t shirts etc just keep raising the profile
Could you get Tony Blair on it?

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:11 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge
It's got to be depriving them of money or having them shit them selves over the fear of it.

Some may like it, some may not, but the obvious one (putting differences aside) is to go to FC and have a massive crowd of Reds there together.

It's the most visible way of sticking two fingers up and saying I'm spending my money elsewhere. They will shit themselves if the see G&G moving up a level to deprive them of cash.

First opportunity is tomorrow at Gigg Lane against Worksop when United aren't playing.

The next level is a mass of G&G and Red turning up at Gigg Lane when United are playing at OT.
I live down south and though their are some top reds here, their are also plenty of clueless £#%&!wits that would happily snap up those empty seats if true fans left in protest on a regular basis, think its best to stick with the colour scheme, they will be shitting themselves over Milan how many people around the world will be asking what thats all about ( that haven't already seen )

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
For me G&G has nothing to do with FC.

The next stage has to be some sort of protest walkout at a game but I just can't see it happening with it being the run in and the ground being 75% full of complete £#%&!ers who haven't got a clue whats going on.

I hope it happens and a walkout is needed but just don't see it materialising.
Never a truer word spoke. I could not believe my eyes on Saturday, the amount of £#%&!ers I saw who had Green/Gold scarves on queueing in the ground to buy programmes, Beer & food & even outside the ground queuing at the mobile merchandise shop behind the stretty to buy official club gear. What do these £#%&!ing idiots think the purpose of this protest is about It struck me a lot of so called supporters have started treating the Green/Gold as some kind of £#%&!ing fashion accessory

Personally this year has been one step to far, after 20 years as a ST holder I will not be renewing. Not only because of the gimps pilfering from our club but also because their is no longer any benefit from having an ST. I have not got a single away ticket this year & have applied for every game. £#%&! em & I will have great pleasure in telling them to stick it up their up their fat hairy burger munching arse holes if they ever call me to ask why I am not renewing @#%&!S !!

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:17 PM
denis lawless

delay KO with a go-slow at the turnstiles and then dont go to your seats until the game is 10 minutes in.

10 minutes of singing LU HG under the stands

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron

Never a truer word spoke. I could not believe my eyes on Saturday, the amount of £#%&!ers I saw who had Green/Gold scarves on queueing in the ground to buy programmes, Beer & food & even outside the ground queuing at the mobile merchandise shop behind the stretty to buy official club gear. What do these £#%&!ing idiots think the purpose of this protest is about It struck me a lot of so called supporters have started treating the Green/Gold as some kind of £#%&!ing fashion accessory

Personally this year has been one step to far, after 20 years as a ST holder I will not be renewing. Not only because of the gimps pilfering from our club but also because their is no longer any benefit from having an ST. I have not got a single away ticket this year & have applied for every game. £#%&! em & I will have great pleasure in telling them to stick it up their up their fat hairy burger munching arse holes if they ever call me to ask why I am not renewing @#%&!S !!
As a member, I've not been chubbed for any home games that I've applied for this season. Most games go on general sale.

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Zorg

Ok, let's say you disagree with Badge.

Where is the protest tomorrow? What's happening? Are the same thousands of people who would have been OT had United been playing in the cup going to OT to protest outside the ground?

This is not a sarcastic comment - it just seems a bit odd to me that the protests should take a break when there isn't a match.

Of course, FC will be accused of profiting from the protests. And if they said nothing, they'd be accused of abandoning the protests. I've heard both in recent weeks.

As for the next stage, I still think a mass one-match boycott can and should be organised. With the publicity in recent weeks, combined with more of the same (leafleting etc.), I believe even the most clueless of plastic £#%&!wit can be persuaded to stay outside the ground protesting rather than going in. Even if less than half the 70,000 do it, it's still a lot and the media have proven recently that they would report it. The Glazers and Gill would cack themselves at such commitment.

In the meantime, with no United match, the one and only place this weekend that there will be a couple of thousand reds together will be Gigg Lane. See my avatar for details.

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:25 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Ok, let's say you disagree with Badge.

Where is the protest tomorrow? What's happening? Are the same thousands of people who would have been OT had United been playing in the cup going to OT to protest outside the ground?

This is not a sarcastic comment - it just seems a bit odd to me that the protests should take a break when there isn't a match.

Of course, FC will be accused of profiting from the protests. And if they said nothing, they'd be accused of abandoning the protests. I've heard both in recent weeks.

As for the next stage, I still think a mass one-match boycott can and should be organised. With the publicity in recent weeks, combined with more of the same (leafleting etc.), I believe even the most clueless of plastic £#%&!wit can be persuaded to stay outside the ground protesting rather than going in. Even if less than half the 70,000 do it, it's still a lot and the media have proven recently that they would report it. The Glazers and Gill would cack themselves at such commitment.

In the meantime, with no United match, the one and only place this weekend that there will be a couple of thousand reds together will be Gigg Lane. See my avatar for details.
I'm washing my hair.

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

When you have a club of Uniteds size and stature, protests involving withdrawing things, ie not buying merchandise, not renewing season tickets etc, just arent going to stand out enough to make an impact. There's always going to be someone else willing to step in and buy your ticket or buy another shirt at the store.

It needs to be along the same lines of the green and gold scarves. That got noticed because of the sheep mentality of our supporters. Half of them won't know why they're buying one, but if they see other people wearing them, they think its a sudden must have. You could start wearing Sky blue and half of Old Trafford would do it.

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
I'm washing my hair.
And after those three seconds are up?

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Withers

There aren't people queueing up to buy tickets, that's why games aren't selling out anymore.

There were about 2000 empty seats last home game. It's not an excuse/reason that can be justified anymore.

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:54 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge
It's got to be depriving them of money or having them shit them selves over the fear of it.

Some may like it, some may not, but the obvious one (putting differences aside) is to go to FC and have a massive crowd of Reds there together.

It's the most visible way of sticking two fingers up and saying I'm spending my money elsewhere. They will shit themselves if the see G&G moving up a level to deprive them of cash.

First opportunity is tomorrow at Gigg Lane against Worksop when United aren't playing.

The next level is a mass of G&G and Red turning up at Gigg Lane when United are playing at OT.
quite apart from being entirely unrealistic that's completely missing the point. the g&g protest is effective because it's visible and taking place at ot. you could have 5,000 draped in g&g turning up at fc and it wouldn't get 1/10th the coverage.

imo public pressure and changes at the administrative level are the only way to force united onto a stable footing, not boycotts. partly because a boycott is not going to happen for the reasons that have been said (day trippers and jcls) and partly because forcing the club into a genuine debt crisis because you're angry about the potential debt crisis is just stupid.

imo the way back to a sound footing for united is for the club to be forced to abandon its current debt level by the football authorities. if all clubs were forced to bring debt down, or were forced to operate a transfer budget related to profits post-debt payments, then the glazers' model would be untenable and they would have no alternative but to sell a stake to an outside investor, to float the club again, or to sell the whole club, even at a loss. it might well mean some fairly unpalatable steps along the way - selling and leasing back ot, selling out to some unsavoury owner a la chelsea or city - and a few years of limping along and struggling to compete but it's preferable to the club going to way of leeds or portsmouth.

personally i find some of the lip-smaking delectation at the thought of bankrupting the club via a boycott mind-boggling. you're not going to force the glazers out by making united even more of a financial basket-case. you might do it through rules which affect all clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
For me G&G has nothing to do with FC.

The next stage has to be some sort of protest walkout at a game but I just can't see it happening with it being the run in and the ground being 75% full of complete £#%&!ers who haven't got a clue whats going on.

I hope it happens and a walkout is needed but just don't see it materialising.
i agree. a walkout won't happen but small steps are possible. songs along the lines of 'turn your back on the glazers' with the crowd turning their backs for moments before/during/after the games would be really effective. fan-organised 'a minute's silence for the death of mufc' at the start of a game could be tried and so on. all very visual, very effective at keeping public attention and pressure on.

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:56 PM
treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron

Was watching the match the other day and noticed some @#%&! in his latest utd shirt wearing a green and gold scarf! Typical of the type of clueless @#%&! that makes me glad I don't go anymore!

Unread 12-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the g&g protest is effective because it's visible and taking place at ot.
Tomorrow?

Unread 12-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Luffy

Quote:
quite apart from being entirely unrealistic that's completely missing the point. the g&g protest is effective because it's visible and taking place at ot. you could have 5,000 draped in g&g turning up at fc and it wouldn't get 1/10th the coverage.

imo public pressure and changes at the administrative level are the only way to force united onto a stable footing, not boycotts. partly because a boycott is not going to happen for the reasons that have been said (day trippers and jcls) and partly because forcing the club into a genuine debt crisis because you're angry about the potential debt crisis is just stupid.

imo the way back to a sound footing for united is for the club to be forced to abandon its current debt level by the football authorities. if all clubs were forced to bring debt down, or were forced to operate a transfer budget related to profits post-debt payments, then the glazers' model would be untenable and they would have no alternative but to sell a stake to an outside investor, to float the club again, or to sell the whole club, even at a loss. it might well mean some fairly unpalatable steps along the way - selling and leasing back ot, selling out to some unsavoury owner a la chelsea or city - and a few years of limping along and struggling to compete but it's preferable to the club going to way of leeds or portsmouth.

personally i find some of the lip-smaking delectation at the thought of bankrupting the club via a boycott mind-boggling. you're not going to force the glazers out by making united even more of a financial basket-case. you might do it through rules which affect all clubs.

i agree. a walkout won't happen but small steps are possible. songs along the lines of 'turn your back on the glazers' with the crowd turning their backs for moments before/during/after the games would be really effective. fan-organised 'a minute's silence for the death of mufc' at the start of a game could be tried and so on. all very visual, very effective at keeping public attention and pressure on.
great post, I've never liked the idea of trying to force the glazer's out cos they're potentially destroying our club - by actively destroying our club.

I had also never thought about those kind of rules forcing the glazer's out. it seems like the only way and I really like that line of thought.

the glazers have never given a shit about the fans being unhappy with the debt/ownership, we all know that. and since they dont give a shit, they dont give a shit about protests or anything else we might do. they only care about our custom.

Unread 12-02-2010, 02:06 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Tomorrow?
yeah, tomorrow

not sure what your point is, zorg. whatever you think, the fact is that for most united fans, rightly or wrongly, fc is not a symbol of the glazer protests. it represented an 'oh £#%&! it i'm taking my ball and going home'. that's not my pov, as i've said, but it's how fc is seen by many. it's not going to change - and the comments of fc fans that they're not going back ever, whatever changes happen, only reinforces that view.

all protests are useful and, as i've said before, energy will coalesce around the most effective. but don't kid yourself that fc is likely to be a focal point for the protests.

Unread 12-02-2010, 02:07 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
great post
oh £#%&!

Unread 12-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
yeah, tomorrow

not sure what your point is, zorg. whatever you think, the fact is that for most united fans, rightly or wrongly, fc is not a symbol of the glazer protests. it represented an 'oh £#%&! it i'm taking my ball and going home'. that's not my pov, as i've said, but it's how fc is seen by many. it's not going to change - and the comments of fc fans that they're not going back ever, whatever changes happen, only reinforces that view.

all protests are useful and, as i've said before, energy will coalesce around the most effective. but don't kid yourself that fc is likely to be a focal point for the protests.
I refer you to my post above, which you appear to have ignored.

In the absence of a match at OT, those accusing FC of not getting involved would do well to go to Bury and see for themselves.

Unread 12-02-2010, 02:10 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
yeah, tomorrow

FC has been a focal point for protest for 5 years.

I take your point about how it is viewed by others though and rightly or wrongly and rightly and wrongly you are right.

Factionalism...it's why revolutions fail...and with a constituency as large and demographically disparate as United's why revolutions will continue to fail.

It's always worth trying though.

Unread 12-02-2010, 02:15 PM
waynes ear's

so we now have to go and watch FC and Bury too?