United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Sloane

Default Re: Green & Gold - Make a statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I wonder if Tufty's made a new green and gold banner

I'll be wearing one. Sat in the front row near the corner so I should be on TV every time there's a corner.
probably wont suit the profile tbh

Unread 20-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Whip Hubley

Good time to get green and gold (song) going in my opinion

It really does deserve to take off, £#%&!ing ace

Any chance of making this a sticky mod? I know there's a danger of 10 anti glazer threads being a sticky but this actually has some momentum behind it

Unread 20-01-2010, 05:26 PM
believe

can someone explain what we hope to achieve with this gold and yellow thing?

Unread 20-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
can someone explain what we hope to achieve with this gold and yellow thing?
It's about awareness, making a stand through a unified, visible action. Every little thing that's done all amounts to the same thing - to let the Glazers, and the world know, that we're not happy about the situation and we're doing something about it.

Obviously it's not as direct as disrupting the bonds roadshow but who cares, it all helps

Unread 20-01-2010, 05:33 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben

noticed a couple of the old green and gold shirts in our end last night
I saw one with Giggs on the back ...top red

Unread 20-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Actually a good idea imo. Keeping in line with the history of the club. Giving the 'movement' a common theme.

Unread 20-01-2010, 05:37 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Any chance of making this a sticky mod?
Might make a sub-forum for all this stuff: yellow and green, sparticus, black balloons etc

Unread 20-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Might make a sub-forum for all this stuff: yellow and green, sparticus, black balloons etc

Unread 20-01-2010, 07:05 PM
42ndstreet irregular

I was made aware of this by someone at work today who as far as I know doesn't go on any forums or anything, don't know how I missed it. I think it is a great idea.

The press need to be told the plan however if they already haven't. The more people that wear it the more obvious it will be of how many are against the Glazers. As usual you get people slagging the idea off as stupid and it wont achieve anything etc. But as Borsuk (by the way Borsuk the stuff you have been doing lately is fantastic, it just goes to show you don't have to be in Manchester or even Britain to play your part) says a couple of people and it wont be taken seriously but as word off mouth gets around (as me being told today shows that it is) and more people get on board the more impact it has. So £#%&!ing what if MUST get 10%. Do you think Angelo is doing it for the goodness of it? Will he be selling them at cost price? Doubt it and nor should he. If you don't want MUST to get a couple of quid out of it go to Red Star or on the sites linked.

It may take a while but I think this is a fantastic idea that could be the key in getting people together again on the same hymm sheet. If it comes off like planned seeing a green and gold/yellow Stretford End will catch the eyes of the worlds sporting media without a shadow off a doubt. Unlike the LUHG stuff they wouldn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to removing the items.

Unread 20-01-2010, 07:26 PM
chatmaster

Latest re the merchandise is as follows.

MUST have ordered 500 bar scarves for Saturday to be sold at cost price of 2.50

DD rang me to tell me, even though I am officially 'not exactly MUST's greatest fan' according to their last newsletter.

Angelo has ordered 200 with horizontal stripes, they look very good. He is selling them at 5 pounds instead of 7.

These should also be in by Saturday.

Unread 20-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Ben

chatty in 'becoming regular fred poster' shock

Unread 20-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
chatty in 'becoming regular fred poster' shock
Database error.

Unread 20-01-2010, 07:45 PM
eddie_red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
I was made aware of this by someone at work today who as far as I know doesn't go on any forums or anything, don't know how I missed it. I think it is a great idea.

The press need to be told the plan however if they already haven't. The more people that wear it the more obvious it will be of how many are against the Glazers. As usual you get people slagging the idea off as stupid and it wont achieve anything etc. But as Borusk (by the way Borusk the stuff you have been doing lately is fantastic, it just goes to show you don't have to be in Manchester or even Britain to play your part) says a couple of people and it wont be taken seriously but as word off mouth gets around (as me being told today shows that it is) and more people get on board the more impact it has. So £#%&!ing what if MUST get 10%. Do you think Angelo is doing it for the goodness of it? Will he be selling them at cost price? Doubt it and nor should he. If you don't want MUST to get a couple of quid out of it go to Red Star or on the sites linked.

It may take a while but I think this is a fantastic idea that could be the key in getting people together again on the same hymm sheet. If it comes off like planned seeing a green and gold/yellow Stretford End will be catch the eyes of the worlds sporting media without a shadow off a doubt. Unlike the LUHG stuff they wouldn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to removing the items.
I too was asked about this today by someone who doesn't post on any forums, not sure where he heard about it but this is definitely gathering momentum.

Unread 20-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Database error.
just noticed that

Unread 20-01-2010, 08:00 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Unread 20-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatmaster
Latest re the merchandise is as follows.

MUST have ordered 500 bar scarves for Saturday to be sold at cost price of 2.50

DD rang me to tell me, even though I am officially 'not exactly MUST's greatest fan' according to their last newsletter.

Angelo has ordered 200 with horizontal stripes, they look very good. He is selling them at 5 pounds instead of 7.

These should also be in by Saturday.
all good news

Unread 20-01-2010, 08:32 PM
believe

Quote:
all good news
mike i'm all for protesting against these @#%&!s and will do anything to get involved. however, i still don't get this green/yellow thing. so all the stadium is green and yellow, everyone in the world knows that we all hate the glazers. what then?

Unread 20-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
mike i'm all for protesting against these @#%&!s and will do anything to get involved. however, i still don't get this green/yellow thing. so all the stadium is green and yellow, everyone in the world knows that we all hate the glazers. what then?
as i've said, directly that won't do anything. it's all a form of protest to raise as much awareness as possible, not only to the outside world but more importantly to our own fans

plenty still haven't got a clue, and rather than leaving them on the sidelines they need to be educated, if that doesn't sound too patronising (it does ), about just what damage the glazers are doing to the club and that the long term future is in jeopardy

as for an 'end game' plan i honestly don't know. at the moment the first step is just to get rid of the £#%&!ers and hope they sell up. that's going to be hard enough - i guess we have to hope a moderately wealthy investor will see the potential and 'rescue' us. i don't buy into the stuff about the fans owning the club but maybe, just maybe it's a step in that direction

people like the glazers have got to know that they can't £#%&! with the biggest club in the world without repercussions

Unread 20-01-2010, 08:51 PM
believe

Quote:

people like the glazers have got to know that they can't £#%&! with the biggest club in the world without repercussions
again i struggle to see what the repercussions are because all they've got is a stadium full of people wearing green and gold scarves.

it will be interesting to see how many people actually get involved with this because i've spoken to my old man and he has no intention of joining in.

Unread 20-01-2010, 09:01 PM
elephantstone

Remember when we all were supposed to wear black for the fa cup final in 2005 ?