United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:39 PM
ziggyman17

Sanchez should have been the first sub brought on today for Lingard... If Ole gets the job then Lukaku has to be sold, does not suit the style of play that we are now playing, as much as I like Mata he too needs to go if Ole gets the job, he is just way to slow for the game we want to play, some of those youngsters coming through look to be the type of players that will fit in to Ole's system, players with pace, skill and that can inter change different positions across the front line, Chong, Greenwood of what I have seen of them look in the same mould of Martial, Rashford and Lingard, Lukaku could be hard to shift, considering the money paid for him...

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:46 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Don’t need to name names it’s there blatantly obvious it sickens em just waiting for that first defeat
Why do you have the name of the next manager of RB Leipzig in your signature?

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Sanchez should have been the first sub brought on today for Lingard... If Ole gets the job then Lukaku has to be sold, does not suit the style of play that we are now playing, as much as I like Mata he too needs to go if Ole gets the job, he is just way to slow for the game we want to play, some of those youngsters coming through look to be the type of players that will fit in to Ole's system, players with pace, skill and that can inter change different positions across the front line, Chong, Greenwood of what I have seen of them look in the same mould of Martial, Rashford and Lingard, Lukaku could be hard to shift, considering the money paid for him...
Without question we'll have to take a big hit on a lukaku sale. 50% would be optimistic.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:59 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Don’t need to name names it’s there blatantly obvious it sickens em just waiting for that first defeat
Yes, I mean why should you have to substantiate your wibble?

Unread 19-01-2019, 08:01 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Are we all pretending we'd have played that well in the first half under Jose too?

It was far from perfect, but the intensity, work rate, speed and numbers just wasn't there under Jose. Rashford doesn't score that goal under Jose.

Regressing back to mean

Seems like some can't wait to see the first cracks in the month just to say 'I told you so' on behalf of Jose.
Why does thinking the honeymoon period is coming to an end mean we’re waiting for cracks to appear? It was always going to happen, and it needed to happen for ole to impress enough to have the chance of being named permanent manager. It’s a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
One can only assume Woodward gave the half time team talk today. Pleased for you.
Do you permanently act like a spoilt child? An utterly #@&%!ed post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
not at our best today, but title winning sides have had games where they've won by only narrowly managing to beat shite and not been at their best. we had plenty of games like that in fergie's last season, for example.
We’ve had plenty of games like that in fergie’s last 4 seasons. Probably longer.

Unread 19-01-2019, 08:10 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Why do you have the name of the next manager of RB Leipzig in your signature?
He’s my uncle

Unread 19-01-2019, 08:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Why does thinking the honeymoon period is coming to an end mean we’re waiting for cracks to appear? It was always going to happen, and it needed to happen for ole to impress enough to have the chance of being named permanent manager. It’s a good thing
Yep, he is going to be tested and needs to pass those tests. Just like any other United manager.

Unread 19-01-2019, 08:31 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Do you permanently act like a spoilt child? An utterly #@&%!ed post.
Says the man (?) who spent the past 12 months crying about Woodward and windmilling whenever anyone criticised his beloved Mourinho Loads of us are pleased we've got United back. Sorry for your loss.

Unread 19-01-2019, 08:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Says the man (?) who spent the past 12 months crying about Woodward and windmilling whenever anyone criticised his beloved Mourinho Loads of us are pleased we've got United back. Sorry for your loss.
We haven't got United back at all.

And we won't have them back until we mount a sustained title challenge for the first time in 6 years.

Unread 19-01-2019, 08:42 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We haven't got United back at all.

And we won't have them back until we mount a sustained title challenge for the first time in 6 years.
So your United is winning league titles. Mine is playing entertaining football. You're likely younger than me. It's OK to have differing views on what constitutes being United.

Unread 19-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
So your United is winning league titles. Mine is playing entertaining football. You're likely younger than me. It's OK to have differing views on what constitutes being United.
No i said challenging.

Not loitering around 5th, 6th, 7th.

That there today was another largely poor performance won by an individual moment of quality, much the same as it was during Mourinho's time.

Don't worry, I'll let you know when United are "back". Whatever that means anyway.

Unread 19-01-2019, 08:54 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No i said challenging.

Not loitering around 5th, 6th, 7th.

That there today was another largely poor performance won by an individual moment of quality, much the same as it was during Mourinho's time.

Don't worry, I'll let you know when United are "back". Whatever that means anyway.
Looking forward to games. Being entertained. Being excited by young lads coming through. Maintaining a tradition of playing football the right way. That's United as far as I'm concerned.
If we play attacking football we'll challenge. Every other manager of every other big club in the PL recognises that. Today was half a blip. £#%&! it. I blame that dopey Dubai trip.

Obviously, I hope your United is back soon, too.

Unread 19-01-2019, 10:55 PM
92ToBury

Solid first half today without getting out of first gear really. Stayed in it for the second half while Brighton upped their game and nearly nicked a point. Still, those were the sort of games we were £#%&!ing up under Mourinho. Felt like we're still struggling to last 90 minutes after not working as hard under Jose.

Friday's team will be interesting, given Burnley on Tuesday follows it.

Unread 19-01-2019, 11:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Solid first half today without getting out of first gear really. Stayed in it for the second half while Brighton upped their game and nearly nicked a point. Still, those were the sort of games we were £#%&!ing up under Mourinho. Felt like we're still struggling to last 90 minutes after not working as hard under Jose.

Friday's team will be interesting, given Burnley on Tuesday follows it.
Few players need minutes and a few need a rest on Friday imo.

I’d go for

Dave

Valencia (is he fit? )
Bailey
Jones
Shaw

Herrera
Fred
Pogba

Martial
Lukaku
Sanchez

We really are short on quality in defence and midfield.

Unread 19-01-2019, 11:58 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Woodward is useless regardless of whether we win or lose. And I see no reason to explain my reasoning over United managers yet again.

If you think I’m not pleased about Ole and united or feel some kind of loss over mourinho, you’re an imbecile who’s yet again arguing with his own imagination.

Unread 20-01-2019, 12:08 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Woodward is useless regardless of whether we win or lose. And I see no reason to explain my reasoning over United managers yet again.

If you think I’m not pleased about Ole and united or feel some kind of loss over mourinho, you’re an imbecile who’s yet again arguing with his own imagination.
You spent at least 12 months telling us a manager needed at least 3 years and Harry Maguire in order to change a defensive team into an attacking side. You claimed all the team's deficiencies were Woodward's fault. All the fault of an administrator, not the guy who was employed to coach and motivate the players. Now we've 'reverted to mean' after an underwhelming half in a game we still won. The mean you consistently argued was the best we could hope for.

Any normal person would feel embarrassed about being consistently wrong about absolutely everything but if you're cool with it that's great. Just as you were cool with us playing shit football for the best part of 3 years because of a weird arbitrary timeframe you attach to United managers.

Nothing to see here.

Unread 20-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Times have moved on pal. Manchester United is a behemoth of a football club. We should be expecting a club of this stature to be capable of doing both on a regular basis. It is bordering (and probably beyond) disgraceful how bad we have been under the last three managers.

Unread 20-01-2019, 09:02 AM
General Woundwort

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Times have moved on pal. Manchester United is a behemoth of a football club. We should be expecting a club of this stature to be capable of doing both on a regular basis. It is bordering (and probably beyond) disgraceful how bad we have been under the last three managers.
I don't disagree with any of that. Every big club has dry spells though and we're now up against oil money in a particularly open and competitive league. The managerial appointments have been uniformly garbage. Right now, just getting back to an attacking style of football seems like a massive step in the right direction. It feels like United again after years of feeling like a pimped-up Stoke.

Unread 20-01-2019, 09:45 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
You spent at least 12 months telling us a manager needed at least 3 years and Harry Maguire in order to change a defensive team into an attacking side.
No I didn’t.

Quote:
You claimed all the team's deficiencies were Woodward's fault. All the fault of an administrator, not the guy who was employed to coach and motivate the players.
No I didn’t.

Quote:
Now we've 'reverted to mean' after an underwhelming half in a game we still won. The mean you consistently argued was the best we could hope for.
No I didn’t.

Quote:
Any normal person would feel embarrassed about being consistently wrong about absolutely everything but if you're cool with it that's great.
My opinion on managers isn’t wrong.

Quote:
Just as you were cool with us playing shit football for the best part of 3 years because of a weird arbitrary timeframe you attach to United managers.
No I wasn’t.

You’ve taken a grain of what I’ve said over the past few years and the fairies in your head have spun it into something else. You and dunk are very similar.

Still, good post.

Unread 20-01-2019, 10:03 AM
General Woundwort

I like Dunk. He doesn't suffer cretins and Billy Bullshitters. You're both.