United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Neo

Angry Jose Mourinho - I Hate You

Bitten my tongue over the Portuguese virus recently, but it's time for me to get it off my chest, and for Fred to have a thread to vent about the worst Manchester United manager in modern history, and quite simply, a despicable human being.

Of course, there will be those that don't really 'get' United - the internet fans in their Scandinavian hovels that have never truly understood what it means to be a Red, and will argue about how Mourinho "won trophies", and reel off meaningless OptaJoe statistics about win ratios. These are, however, all moot points when we're discussing a manager who, at his very core, was the antithesis of this football club.

Since his first arrival at United, Mourinho quietly went about implementing his poisonous philosophy, and eventually his toxic personality had spread across the entire club, leaving a dressing room that was embittered and uninspired, and a fanbase that was completely disillusioned. Disgusting, shit-on-a-stick negative football, and absolutely zero development of youth players were predictable hallmarks of his regime from the off, but the vocal protestations in his second season that the club have had a consistent history of failing in Europe, and the voluntary suicidal team selections in his third season in order to make a point to the board about lack of summer investment, not only showed that this was a man that believed he was bigger than the club, but that this was a man that would place his ego so high, that he would willingly insult the club, and publicly shit on it's proud history; a history founded upon the principles of the great Sir Matt Busby, that should forever be at the forefront of the mind of every Manchester United manager.

Moyes was an incompetent idiot out of his depth, who was nevertheless honest; Van Gaal was a man of integrity and respectable footballing principles, who was simply in the right job at the wrong time; Jose Mourinho was a disease - a horrible, insecure, poisonous little man, who stands alone as the worst part of the post-Ferguson Manchester United.

Goodbye, and good riddance. His expulsion is the perfect Christmas present, and now the healing can begin.

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:10 PM
armchair

I only hated him while he was here.

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Sapien

The only thing wrong with this post is that it's too late to be POTY.

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:17 PM
red in cumbria

He was totally insufferable in his later period here, nqat. But no, I don't hate him and never have done.

He will be an absolute goldmine for future football historians, a fantastically talented but maddeningly flawed figure - the game's Richard Nixon in a way

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He was totally insufferable in his later period here, nqat. But no, I don't hate him and never have done.

He will be an absolute goldmine for future football historians, a fantastically talented but maddeningly flawed figure - the game's Richard Nixon in a way
For that... yhgr

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Bitten my tongue over the Portuguese virus recently, but it's time for me to get it off my chest, and for Fred to have a thread to vent about the worst Manchester United manager in modern history, and quite simply, a despicable human being.

Of course, there will be those that don't really 'get' United - the internet fans in their Scandinavian hovels that have never truly understood what it means to be a Red, and will argue about how Mourinho "won trophies", and reel off meaningless OptaJoe statistics about win ratios. These are, however, all moot points when we're discussing a manager who, at his very core, was the antithesis of this football club.

Since his first arrival at United, Mourinho quietly went about implementing his poisonous philosophy, and eventually his toxic personality had spread across the entire club, leaving a dressing room that was embittered and uninspired, and a fanbase that was completely disillusioned. Disgusting, shit-on-a-stick negative football, and absolutely zero development of youth players were predictable hallmarks of his regime from the off, but the vocal protestations in his second season that the club have had a consistent history of failing in Europe, and the voluntary suicidal team selections in his third season in order to make a point to the board about lack of summer investment, not only showed that this was a man that believed he was bigger than the club, but that this was a man that would place his ego so high, that he would willingly insult the club, and publicly shit on it's proud history; a history founded upon the principles of the great Sir Matt Busby, that should forever be at the forefront of the mind of every Manchester United manager.

Moyes was an incompetent idiot out of his depth, who was nevertheless honest; Van Gaal was a man of integrity and respectable footballing principles, who was simply in the right job at the wrong time; Jose Mourinho was a disease - a horrible, insecure, poisonous little man, who stands alone as the worst part of the post-Ferguson Manchester United.

Goodbye, and good riddance. His expulsion is the perfect Christmas present, and now the healing can begin.
Still sticks in the throat imo. Fans went from delusion in thinking it would change to almost ignoring it. Scandalous attitude towards the academy which should never be tolerated. Someone posted a Tweet which I've decided is 100% true that he wasn't even bothered about meeting with the parents of the county's brightest talents in order to get them to United. Didn't benefit him, so he wasn't interested.

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Switching Off

Merry Christmas.

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:30 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Still sticks in the throat imo. Fans went from delusion in thinking it would change to almost ignoring it. Scandalous attitude towards the academy which should never be tolerated. Someone posted a Tweet which I've decided is 100% true that he wasn't even bothered about meeting with the parents of the county's brightest talents in order to get them to United. Didn't benefit him, so he wasn't interested.
Sorry, but had to at that.

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:30 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Beautiful Neo. Beautiful

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Sorry, but had to at that.
Pal, I would bloody love to give the lad the benefit of the doubt, especially at this time of year, but let's be realistic. He couldn't care less about someone who would be playing for United ten years from now for another manager.

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Buck

To think the club allowed Louis to be undermined for the final six months of his reign just to butter this guy up. We only missed out on Top 4 by GD in the end. Mourinho was on his knees having live meltdowns every week yet we turned to him in an act of desperation. I did think we needed a change but I was calling for Pochettino back then. Someone to build on what Louis left behind.

I agree about Mourinho being charmless. I never liked him anyway and even if he did have a bit of charm it was diminishing and we got the the end of it.

People used to say for years United is his dream job. He never acted that way. He made it out to be like him doing us a favour.

Quote:
Been saying this for ages. People quickly go down the road of the game leaving him behind etc which is always the easy answer. But he changed far more than the game did. Went from the best man manager in the game to the worst. Absolute freakshows like Eto'o and Zlatan used to run through a wall for Jose while calling Pep a @#%&!. These days he can't even get Antonio Valencia onside. Broken man.
Think there is a generational divide which he can't get over. I don't know a manager who is obsessed with personalities to the extent he is. Fergie admitted he had to adapt with changing times but Mourinho seems to think it's everyone else who is wrong.

Unread 24-12-2018, 06:54 PM
zanzare

Hating someone is a bit too much for me, but I totally understand your feelings because there must be thousands of us with a similar mindset.
Glad he's gone, thanks for nothing, and that's including two trophies, but anyone who comes here thinking he's bigger than our club, so egotistical that every single thing is about him, good riddance.
I really hope that everything slots into place for Ole and he gets the job permanently, but being an old £#%&!er and remembering other promotions from within I won't hold my breath.

Unread 24-12-2018, 07:12 PM
rubbernecker

Interesting that you start the healing with a two minute hate

Just move on FFS

Unread 24-12-2018, 10:54 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Interesting that you start the healing with a two minute hate

Just move on FFS
It’s called catharsis

Unread 24-12-2018, 10:58 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Been saying this for ages. People quickly go down the road of the game leaving him behind etc which is always the easy answer. But he changed far more than the game did. Went from the best man manager in the game to the worst. Absolute freakshows like Eto'o and Zlatan used to run through a wall for Jose while calling Pep a @#%&!. These days he can't even get Antonio Valencia onside. Broken man.
I've said this before - I think Moyes getting the job after Fergie retired broke him.
The RM game in the CL was basically a job interview. He said all the right things, made all the right noises & then got £#%&!ed over.
TBH, seeing that disaster made Utd manager over me would have sent me full on emo major depression session too.

Unread 24-12-2018, 11:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Neo = Red Nostradamus

Unread 24-12-2018, 11:06 PM
Cream

Whosé McWhatnow?

Unread 25-12-2018, 01:33 AM
75Red

After the first couple of months It didn't seem to me like he was fully committed to the club or his job, and not just because of the Lowry.
Mercurial temperament and by all accounts downright unpleasant.
That Sevilla game for me was the turning point.

He's gone though !
Merry Christmas Fredsters.

Unread 25-12-2018, 03:32 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

well.... duh.

Unread 25-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

David Squires on … It's a Wonderful Life (the Mourinho edition)

https://www.theguardian.com/football...y_to_clipboard
Closed Thread