United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 08-04-2024, 04:33 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
We need to stop letting Madrid send their cast offs here. They’d never have got rid if he wasn’t on the decline. I rated the guy and was happy to have him here for a season to tide things over but I always maintained we should have signed a younger holding mid to replace him last summer. I was all in on Rice, but the brains trust on here were adamant he wasn’t that good; think it was even suggested he’d flop at Arsenal.

Turns out Ned knows best.
Ironically the one time we should have taken Madrid cast-offs is when they were giving away Robben and Wesley as they were taking the best player in the world off us. Luckily we signed Valencia, Obertan and Michael Owen instead.

Unread 08-04-2024, 04:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Ironically the one time we should have taken Madrid cast-offs is when they were giving away Robben and Wesley as they were taking the best player in the world off us. Luckily we signed Valencia, Obertan and Michael Owen instead.
ah yes 2009, where the interest payments on our enormous debt was so huge that if Madrid hadn't given us the entire £80m up front like they did, we'd have defaulted on the payment.

But the Glazers are great owners though.

Unread 08-04-2024, 06:37 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
The sliced clearance was incredible
Which one?

There was always that one lad in the group who had absolutely zero ability to kick a football but played because everyone else did. That’s what the first clearance and the one at 1.06 look like. Someone who genuinely doesn’t know how to kick a football properly.

He should be ashamed.

Unread 08-04-2024, 07:03 PM
est.1878

Gamers are lazy man boys who shirk responsibilities deep down. Weren't Saudi sniffing around? So long and thanks for almost fixing it for about 3 months last year.

Unread 08-04-2024, 07:16 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Gamers are lazy man boys who shirk responsibilities deep down. Weren't Saudi sniffing around? So long and thanks for almost fixing it for about 3 months last year.
remember the “I’ll fix this” story? Looks like we saw that as a threat and broke the @#%&!.

Unread 08-04-2024, 09:32 PM
atticusgrinch

He takes some time getting back up to speed after injury ffs.

You guys - honestly. You've got the attention span of a gnat.

It's him and Martinez missing most of the season that's £#%&!ed us. Try and view things over more than the last game only, always. You will get a clearer picture of reality.

Unread 09-04-2024, 01:15 AM
Dacter

Looking back on the end of the game, although it was a horrible position to give away a late free kick, it’s still hard not to enjoy him snapping that minging little goblin Diaz in two

Unread 09-04-2024, 05:52 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
remember the “I’ll fix this” story? Looks like we saw that as a threat and broke the @#%&!.
“I’ll fix this”

Unread 09-04-2024, 06:03 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
He takes some time getting back up to speed after injury ffs.

You guys - honestly. You've got the attention span of a gnat.

It's him and Martinez missing most of the season that's £#%&!ed us. Try and view things over more than the last game only, always. You will get a clearer picture of reality.
£#%&!ing hell ! The absolute cheek, you've been slating the bald guy in every thread I've opened....

More neck than a herd of ET's ...

Shameless.

Unread 09-04-2024, 07:54 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

More neck than a herd of ET's ...

Unread 09-04-2024, 09:23 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy View Post
“I’ll fix this”

Unread 09-04-2024, 09:36 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post
Looking back on the end of the game, although it was a horrible position to give away a late free kick, it’s still hard not to enjoy him snapping that minging little goblin Diaz in two
This. If they'd scored from that I'd have wanted him flogged, but still. Great to see

Unread 09-04-2024, 10:01 AM
Bunker Buster

The 'Big dog'

Unread 09-04-2024, 11:52 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The midfield Varane.

Madrid have replaced him because he’s creaking, would be just like us to sign him for big money and long contract and be stuck with him while he’s properly winding down.

Like that clown that said we should be buying Kante, who’s out for 4-6 weeks and Jorginho, just £#%&!ing stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Casemiro is a decent player but we will get the shit version of him.
abit like that fat German that came here to just be pointing and doing nothing. cant spell his name.
saged

Unread 09-04-2024, 01:05 PM
Hans Rimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
I remember when they used to buy ours. Beckham was past his best in most fans eyes when he left, he did ok after for a bit. They took an over-the-hill RVN and a crocked Heinze off us too, in amongst signing donkeys like Lassana Diarra and getting lads on loan from West Ham .

Then that corrupt @#%&! Perez came back and suddenly they found the cash to buy everyone again.

Unread 09-04-2024, 01:15 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Rimmer View Post
I remember when they used to buy ours. Beckham was past his best in most fans eyes when he left, he did ok after for a bit. They took an over-the-hill RVN and a crocked Heinze off us too, in amongst signing donkeys like Lassana Diarra and getting lads on loan from West Ham .

Then that corrupt @#%&! Perez came back and suddenly they found the cash to buy everyone again.
7th in outlay over the last 10 years (united are 4th). not far off half a billion less. net spend they're about 20th with united 1st

https://football-observatory.com/IMG...2021/wp367/en/

Unread 09-04-2024, 01:32 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Rimmer View Post
Was all on the tick though. His mate at La Caixa (Catalonia's biggest bank) was suspiciously lax with his overdraft

Unread 13-04-2024, 08:57 PM
AK14

Unread 13-04-2024, 08:59 PM
armchair

*narrator*

he didn't fix it

Unread 13-04-2024, 09:04 PM
Jethro

Absolutely £#%&!ing rancid.