United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:20 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Dunk had this transfer nailed from day one.
I did too I might add. It reeked of post-Fergie United and couldn’t understand the giddiness after just a few months. A signing like that can only be judged after a few years and it was obviously going to pan out like this. Real Madrid must correctly think we are absolute mugs.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy View Post
I did too I might add. It reeked of post-Fergie United and couldn’t understand the giddiness after just a few months. A signing like that can only be judged after a few years and it was obviously going to pan out like this. Real Madrid must correctly think we are absolute mugs.
They’re not in the habit of selling their best players. They knew he and Varane were done so needed some gullible #@&%!s with too much cash to come along and United were only too happy to oblige.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:35 PM
jem

he was different class last season, but his physical state now is not simply because we bought a crock. 10h ball has knackered him.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
he was different class last season, but his physical state now is not simply because we bought a crock. 10h ball has knackered him.
We don't have the players to play this demented, high-tempo, constant transition football. Not only are a load of them very slow but we also have players who are thick as £#%&! and can't stop conceding the same carbon copy goal every 3 days.

Casemiro has gone from playing in a midfield which controlled every game with Kroos and Modric just keeping the ball for fun to something which is akin to herding cats. Spaces everywhere, nobody tracking runners or dropping into spaces, just players chasing the ball and getting bypassed.

Even at his peak he wasn't exactly blessed with pace but expecting him to do that at 30 is just £#%&!ing daft like most of what we do.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:10 AM
TreeFiddy

Just had one of those penny drop moments when reading that Casemiro can’t be expected to cover ground at the ripe old age of 30! I’ll be 36 soon ffs. Always liked to think I may yet kick a ball.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Stickman

The signs were there from March onwards last season. His peak seemed to be the final.

Better goal scorer than I thought we were getting though

Unread 05-04-2024, 07:18 AM
armchair

He'd be fine in a compact side.

Unread 05-04-2024, 07:38 AM
RedNick80

He's also clearly carrying an injury, he's not daft he knows the optics of what his lack of energy would look like, but he preferred to make himself available for selection. Plenty wouldn't and yes, at his wage he £#%&!ing well should do, but just putting that out there.

ETH would not have played him tonight if we didn't have Liverpool on Sunday. I think he felt he had to rest McT in anticipation of that.

As for his wages and contract that's the bind that Woodwardball put us in, the lack of sporting directorship structure over the last ten years. Hopefully that changes but its not going to be a quick process.

You have to sort all our problems, I get that but he's way down the list. File: above Bruno's exuberance, but below Onana's inability to dive downwards.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:39 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Just had one of those penny drop moments when reading that Casemiro can’t be expected to cover ground at the ripe old age of 30! I’ll be 36 soon ffs. Always liked to think I may yet kick a ball.
He's 32 tbf, so not as far away as you think.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:50 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
You’re both a lot closer to the stage where you’ll not be able to pick that penny up again without having to take a couple of attempts, and involuntarily grunting/farting as you do so, than either of you are of deserving a starting place in United’s midfield.

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:53 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
We don't have the players to play this demented, high-tempo, constant transition football. Not only are a load of them very slow but we also have players who are thick as £#%&! and can't stop conceding the same carbon copy goal every 3 days.

Casemiro has gone from playing in a midfield which controlled every game with Kroos and Modric just keeping the ball for fun to something which is akin to herding cats. Spaces everywhere, nobody tracking runners or dropping into spaces, just players chasing the ball and getting bypassed.

Even at his peak he wasn't exactly blessed with pace but expecting him to do that at 30 is just £#%&!ing daft like most of what we do.

Spot on

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:29 AM
magic_cantona

30 is the new 40

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:32 AM
Dr Stranger

He’s the epitome of someone who has checked out. And I don’t blame him. Imagine going from that Madrid team to watching The Scottish Player where’s-wallying himself by the nearest midfielder

He’s gone from being critical to us to an absolute liability in 12 months. Another dick-swinging signing made out of desperation

Cracking player in his day, cheers the goals, now off you go

Unread 05-04-2024, 01:26 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
He's also clearly carrying an injury, he's not daft he knows the optics of what his lack of energy would look like, but he preferred to make himself available for selection. Plenty wouldn't and yes, at his wage he £#%&!ing well should do, but just putting that out there.

ETH would not have played him tonight if we didn't have Liverpool on Sunday. I think he felt he had to rest McT in anticipation of that.

As for his wages and contract that's the bind that Woodwardball put us in, the lack of sporting directorship structure over the last ten years. Hopefully that changes but its not going to be a quick process.

You have to sort all our problems, I get that but he's way down the list. File: above Bruno's exuberance, but below Onana's inability to dive downwards.

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:27 PM
Sparky***

Shocking

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:32 PM
NedKelly

We need to stop letting Madrid send their cast offs here. They’d never have got rid if he wasn’t on the decline. I rated the guy and was happy to have him here for a season to tide things over but I always maintained we should have signed a younger holding mid to replace him last summer. I was all in on Rice, but the brains trust on here were adamant he wasn’t that good; think it was even suggested he’d flop at Arsenal.

Turns out Ned knows best.

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:35 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
I knew he had slowed up, but wasn’t aware he’d gone blind. Feel bad now for thinking he was a lazy @#%&! that just didn’t want to play in the rain anymore.

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
The sliced clearance was incredible

Unread 08-04-2024, 03:56 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He has to be playing like that on purpose
Even a league 2 midfielder could do better than that and this guy is the current Brazil captain

Top priority in the summer should be getting this fraud out of the club

Unread 08-04-2024, 04:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
He has to be playing like that on purpose
Even a league 2 midfielder could do better than that and this guy is the current Brazil captain

Top priority in the summer should be getting this fraud out of the club
He looks like me in the last 5 mins of 5-a-side. Absolutely physically £#%&!ed, simple passes going all over the place, concentration levels completely gone. The insane lunging tackle right at the end just summed it up.