United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-04-2024, 09:47 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
That’s all great but he isn’t god enough.

he is scoring about as many as he scored against for Atalanta.

He isn’t instinctive enough to be a top striker! Another eth buy

I mean, any cursory glance at his goals for us this season shows this up to be an absolute nonsense.

Unread 23-04-2024, 09:51 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
He has areas of his game to work on, which is entirely normal for a kid. The problem isn’t him. The problem is our over-reliance on him.

Him, Garnacho and Mainoo are overtaxed because they need to be. A lot has been made about us taking Garancho off late in games, but we should be able to sub a 19 year old winger without entirely falling to pieces

Hojlund should have an experienced alternative. He should have intelligent players around him. He should be able to sit our a game or two without it being an issue.

He’s exactly what I expected him to be. He’s got the make up of a top striker and he’s got a great attitude, but he’s raw. That’s not the problem. The balance of the squad is.

The problem is he is our first choice and we paid a hefty sum for him. He isn't at that level. He should be providing support for a better and more experienced player.

Unread 23-04-2024, 10:03 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
The problem is he is our first choice and we paid a hefty sum for him. He isn't at that level. He should be providing support for a better and more experienced player.
That's what Martial was for.

Except ETH didn't move him on last summer, he kept him around

Another in a long line of really weird decisions to effectively rely upon a kid to come in & carry the side.

I've seen more than enough in Rasser's first season here to know he will make it & become a proper player for us. I just wish we'd cross it a bit, square it to him when he's free & run off him when he holds it up.

We also paid a hefty sum for his potential, not just an immediate return. He's done far more than any other forward in the squad this season with so much less of the ball.

I hope the stories of him giving shit to other players is true, the exact stuff you hear all ex-pros talk about doing when the ball isn't delivered into the box.

Unread 23-04-2024, 10:05 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
That's what Martial was for.

Except ETH didn't move him on last summer, he kept him around

tbf I think he was probably told greenwood would be available.

Unread 23-04-2024, 10:07 AM
AK14

We’ve been out of the CL since December and he’s still joint third top scorer

He's struggled since his injury and has probably been overplayed (no fault of ETH) but the signs are there that he’s going to be a top player.

Unread 23-04-2024, 01:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We’ve been out of the CL since December and he’s still joint third top scorer

He's struggled since his injury and has probably been overplayed (no fault of ETH) but the signs are there that he’s going to be a top player.
You'd have to be #@&%!ed quite frankly not to see it in Rasmus.

You'd have to be dribbling on the window, biting your elbows, stone cold #@&%!ed.

Unread 23-04-2024, 01:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
Thats not the problem. He at no less of a level than the players supporting him. The squad is too thin and too poor to allow the time out of the team that these kids need.. No team should be relying so heavily on young, inexperienced players. Especially a team that is as big of a mess as us

A lot of the flaws and issues we see are because they’re overused

Someone like Nunez at Liverpool has this cult status amongst his fans. He’s been all over the place, but it doesn’t show when you’ve got players like salah and jota bailing him out. You can laugh it away as “oh Darwin!” When you’re 4-0 up. They’ve turned on him more in recent weeks when he’s been missing big chances…. Because the team hasn’t been scoring as much. They haven’t had the luxury of being able to cater to his shortcomings

This is where we are with our kids. We need them to perform because we have little else. We have to keep garnacho on or the team falls apart and has no out ball. We can’t let Hojlund bed in and adjust to the league because Martial is a pathetic wastrel. We need his goals because our highest paid player is a lazy £#%&!ing idiot who doesn’t pass and can’t score.

Mainoo will be flagging soon enough and would be already if he’d been available all season.

Unread 23-04-2024, 01:39 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You'd have to be #@&%!ed quite frankly not to see it in Rasmus.

You'd have to be dribbling on the window, biting your elbows, stone cold #@&%!ed.
Boy do I have the forum member just for you!

Unread 23-04-2024, 01:45 PM
guerreiro

Getting tired of being happy he’s scored, only to realise it was The Scottish Player.

Is The Scottish Player getting in better positions?

Unread 23-04-2024, 01:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Getting tired of being happy he’s scored, only to realise it was The Scottish Player.

Unread 23-04-2024, 03:44 PM
wiganste

Quote:

The amount of times I've thought the same is mad. I assumed it was because I'm a dirty old pisscan

Unread 23-04-2024, 04:48 PM
jem

Quote:

it's usually because hojlund has created space for him. the number of times hojlund has been in a perfect position but no one has found him beggars belief.

Unread 24-04-2024, 06:55 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's usually because hojlund has created space for him. the number of times hojlund has been in a perfect position but no one has found him beggars belief.
He is held to ridiculously high standards. Not allowed to make a mistake, has to have a perfect first touch and shot. He's not allowed a few "warm up" efforts.

Everything has to be perfect with him or he's labelled shite.

Unread 24-04-2024, 07:12 AM
Hyman_Roth

He’s not playing particularly well since the injury but that is primarily down to the teammates around him. Thought he fluffed it quite badly in the semi tbh but I’ve got zero worries about this lad.

Again, he shouldn’t be our only option upfront. Not securing another striker was a terrible terrible error.

Unread 24-04-2024, 08:12 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
He’s not playing particularly well since the injury but that is primarily down to the teammates around him. Thought he fluffed it quite badly in the semi tbh but I’ve got zero worries about this lad.

Again, he shouldn’t be our only option upfront. Not securing another striker was a terrible terrible error.
He did, but he still stepped up when it mattered and sent us through.

Unread 24-04-2024, 05:58 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
our poor transfer policy means there’s too much pressure on our youngsters
Sadly this is true!

Unread 25-04-2024, 03:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
In addition to being physically unable to win a header he's also a snitching little ho.

https://twitter.com/mufcMPB/status/1782446537634632037

"The Portugeezers aren't passing to me!!!!! Make them pass to me!!!! "

Weak body, weak mind...we sure know how to pick them.

Can’t stand each other, clearly

Unread 25-04-2024, 03:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Dr Stranger unshackled! I’ve never seen the guy come close to landing a KO but I think he’s managed it here. Fair play and fingers crossed it’s a turning point for him. If he can tone the doom down and up the snide, there’s hope for him yet.

Unread 25-04-2024, 03:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Dr Stranger unshackled! I’ve never seen the guy come close to landing a KO but I think he’s managed it here. Fair play and fingers crossed it’s a turning point for him. If he can tone the doom down and up the snide, there’s hope for him yet.
A couple of days until we play

Unread 25-04-2024, 04:08 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
That’s all great but he isn’t god enough.

he is scoring about as many as he scored against for Atalanta.

He isn’t instinctive enough to be a top striker! Another eth buy
he is 21 you imbecile and has had a very solid first season at united as their PRIMARY striker with zero support. 13 goals in around 25 starts. Great record for a kid. He will be a top player. Anyone saying otherwise is £#%&!ing clueless. Exhibit A!