United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Crumps

Thumbs up Re: I'd start Cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
You say one more cabbage joke pal and you're going on ignore.

Sorry, we really need to patch things up.

Unread 08-08-2011, 09:09 AM
dunk

Default Re: I'd start Cleverly

I think I'd rather we attempted to play like we did yesterday and got plenty of games for all the youngsters and finished 2nd or 3rd than go balls out for Sneijder. We really need to ensure the young players at the club come through.

Unread 08-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Sorry, we really need to patch things up.

You had to do it.

Unread 08-08-2011, 09:15 AM
The Return of JC

I think he should be on the bench. Same side that started yesterday, for me.

Agree with Bedders, Carrick getting far too much stick. We dominated City for 35 minutes yesterday in the first half. He was part of that. We were better second half, but for many reasons, not just Cleverley. And Cleverley playing well doesn't mean Carrick did not.

We were excellent yesterday and the sheer enthusiasm of the younger players warmed the very #@&%!les of my heart, but it's important not to get carried away. Cleverley will have a big part to play this season.

Unread 08-08-2011, 09:17 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think I'd rather we attempted to play like we did yesterday and got plenty of games for all the youngsters and finished 2nd or 3rd than go balls out for Sneijder. We really need to ensure the young players at the club come through.
Even with Sneijder, there's plenty of games to go around.

Unread 08-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The squad as it is is good enough for the league. The thing we are now aspiring too isn't going to come from shoe horning in an attacking midfielder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

You had to do it.
Do what?

Unread 08-08-2011, 11:38 AM
RedMenace

Been called into the England squad now. That was quick.

Unread 08-08-2011, 11:42 AM
The Return of JC

This is not meant to be a criticism of Tom Cleverley at all, but £#%&!in' hell it doesn't take much to get in to that England side does it?....

Unread 08-08-2011, 11:48 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
This is not meant to be a criticism of Tom Cleverley at all, but £#%&!in' hell it doesn't take much to get in to that England side does it?....
They hand out caps willy nilly nowadays. Ridiculous. What exactly has he done to warrant representing his country? £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 08-08-2011, 11:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Just need to play for United tbh. Unless you're Andy Cole or Steve Bruce

so,

Rio
Smalldog
Jones
Carrick (if he's picked )
Cleverley
Young
Welbeck
Rooney

in the squad? That's more like it

Unread 08-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Cream

What I, reem, am starting to think and/or see.

We thought that not having a beast in midfield was the issue so we signed Hargreaves to play deep and smash like Hulk (not the player) and he barely got a game in that position.

Whenever we needed a bit of steel we provided it via sacrificing a pacey winger for the energy of Park and/or played O'Shea/Brown (now Smalling?) at full back.

I think the difference between a midfield with Scholes in and one with Cleverly is pace/energy, I think the difference between a forward line of Berbatov and one with Wellbeck/Hernandez is pace/energy.

Pace/energy and accuracy of passing is the key to combating the brawn of Essien et al: Cleverly provides that, as would Sneijder. Anderson and Carrick playing well is essential too.

Pacenergy.

Unread 08-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
They hand out caps willy nilly nowadays. Ridiculous. What exactly has he done to warrant representing his country? £#%&!ing hell.
Good season at Wigan last year and a good pre-season. Plus was in the spotlight yesterday and shone. Simple.

Also can we start spelling Cleverley and Welbeck right please, not that hard.

Unread 08-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Good season at Wigan last year and a good pre-season. Plus was in the spotlight yesterday and shone. Simple.

I've seen him referred to as Wellblack.

:shakehead:

Unread 08-08-2011, 12:13 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy

How exactly did he shine yesterday? All I saw him do was balloon two 'shots' from outside of the area.

Unread 08-08-2011, 12:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
How exactly did he shine yesterday? All I saw him do was balloon two 'shots' from outside of the area.
Go out for a bit, did ya?

Unread 08-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Go out for a bit, did ya?
Looks like the boxing has taken up his limited brain capacity. Like when he got in to The Wire. Sad to see.
Closed Thread