United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-08-2010, 04:29 AM
Stickman

Default Re: *Official* United v Newcastle Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

anyone know the name of the site that shows all the highlights next day including CL?

Found the first 2 goals on youtube but not Giggs yet...

Unread 17-08-2010, 04:38 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
anyone know the name of the site that shows all the highlights next day including CL?

Found the first 2 goals on youtube but not Giggs yet...
101 Great Goals.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/

Unread 17-08-2010, 05:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
thanks Grimson.

The site im looking for had all matches, was as good as motd without the commentary on a sunday if anyone can recall the name.

Unread 17-08-2010, 05:11 AM
rafabio

some of the interplay between berbatov and scholes was fantastic although the former typically careless in front of goal. Hernandez looked to eager to impress. we could and have should scored a couple of more goals. But it bodes well for the season that the likes of nani, valencia, scholes, giggs, fletcher, carrick, berbs all look in cracking form. Just need Rooney to just thumping in goals and hernandez to bag a couple which will give him confidence.

Just need some premier league teams to attack chelsea and expose their defence

Unread 17-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Tiberian

I have to admit that I thought Scholes was finished at the top level 2-3 years ago, made many a post about how his physical weakness was hurting the team and he was playing too deep to make a real impact with his quality on the ball. I still think that there are certain games you would not chose him for, but last season and what we have seen from him in the CS and against Newcastle is the best run of form he has showed since 06/07.

He went off the boil around the middle of last season, but came back strongly in the run in, getting forward, scoring a few goals and he looks on supreme form right now, if Utd get 20 league games from him this season at that quality we will be close again.

He and Giggs are the 2 best British players of the last 20 years, and deserve to be mentioned with the very best our game globally has ever produced. The longevity at 36 and 37, at the level they are at, as attacking players almost defies belief.

Really uplifting performance last night I thought, Berbatov playing superbly, linking up the play and playing with real thrust in his game. It seemed to be a fairly orthodox 4-4-2 in set up, with Rooney as the main frontman, the question is how does Berbatov figure in the team when Utd play a higher calibre of opponent, next week at Fulham will be an interesting selection, tricky side, would expect the 4-3-3 to make an appearance and there is no real place for Berbs in that system.

Unread 17-08-2010, 07:43 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I have to admit that I thought Scholes was finished at the top level 2-3 years ago, made many a post about how his physical weakness was hurting the team and he was playing too deep to make a real impact with his quality on the ball. I still think that there are certain games you would not chose him for, but last season and what we have seen from him in the CS and against Newcastle is the best run of form he has showed since 06/07.

He went off the boil around the middle of last season, but came back strongly in the run in, getting forward, scoring a few goals and he looks on supreme form right now, if Utd get 20 league games from him this season at that quality we will be close again.

He and Giggs are the 2 best British players of the last 20 years, and deserve to be mentioned with the very best our game globally has ever produced. The longevity at 36 and 37, at the level they are at, as attacking players almost defies belief.

Really uplifting performance last night I thought, Berbatov playing superbly, linking up the play and playing with real thrust in his game. It seemed to be a fairly orthodox 4-4-2 in set up, with Rooney as the main frontman, the question is how does Berbatov figure in the team when Utd play a higher calibre of opponent, next week at Fulham will be an interesting selection, tricky side, would expect the 4-3-3 to make an appearance and there is no real place for Berbs in that system.
Agree with this. And also I think Berbs has to start at Fulham.

Unread 17-08-2010, 07:52 AM
waynes ear's

berbs > pea

Unread 17-08-2010, 08:36 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Scholes.

£#%&!ing unreal, just watched him for 10-15 minutes and his movement, workrate, ability was absolutely amazing, a real joy to watch.

Newcastle were terribly negative, even at 2-0 down there keeper was wasting time on a goal kick.

Unread 17-08-2010, 08:46 AM
dunk

I'm not sure that the chances berbs missed were 'easy' by any means.

Unread 17-08-2010, 09:01 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm not sure that the chances berbs missed were 'easy' by any means.
exactly. shame he put that one past the post when rooney put him through, would have been a terrific goal.

Unread 17-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thought Chicarivita was a disgrace last night on his debut. The support shown for him when he got on and the expectations just were not met. It's a shame because it looks like Rooney's career at United is over, subbed at 70mins after playing such a stinker? You could see him mouthing the words 'thoroughly disappointed with your decision' to SAF when he came off.

The rest of the team were good. Paul Scholes was just great.

Unread 17-08-2010, 09:18 AM
dunk

Hernandez was superb for the 3rd goal, I thought.

Unread 17-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Sheasy's a £#%&!ing nightmare tbf! ...gives the ball away for fun, but he's a good lad & a valuable member of the squad.

Newcastle were awful, but at times we played some fantastic stuff. Everyone looked very hungry..lot's of determination about the place.
Bigger tests ahead & all that..players still catching up with their fitness & what have you, but it was a very decent start to the season.

Scholes & Giggs
£#%&!ing legends.
More Glazer cutbacks at the training ground I presume.

Unread 17-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thumbs down Re: *Official* United v Newcastle Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Hernandez was superb for the 3rd goal, I thought.
Yep, the way he stood in the box completely irrelevantly totally set up Giggs for that volley.

Unread 17-08-2010, 09:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Yep, the way he stood in the box completely irrelevantly totally set up Giggs for that volley.
I was thinking more of the way he nicked the ball on the byline off the Newcastle defenders to keep the attack alive, tbh.

Unread 17-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Ginners

thought pea was a bit dissapointing, offside a couple of times when he shouldnt have been, late on he misread a ball from giggs, looked a bit overawed with the occasion, think he might be best away from home for a while. he does look lightning quick though

Unread 17-08-2010, 09:29 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:

Unread 17-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
thought pea was a bit dissapointing, offside a couple of times when he shouldnt have been, late on he misread a ball from giggs, looked a bit overawed with the occasion, think he might be best away from home for a while. he does look lightning quick though
His first touch was very poor IMHO. However it was his first home game and he's young etc etc etc so I'll let it go.

Unread 17-08-2010, 10:26 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Oh £#%&! off Fuzz. Using a term like disgrace about a lad on his league debut as a sub and as dunk said he made that goal with his steal of the ball and the lay off.

Try this - Gain some understanding of the game - watch the match - engage brain - make comment. HTH

Unread 17-08-2010, 10:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Oh £#%&! off Fuzz. Using a term like disgrace about a lad on his league debut as a sub and as dunk said he made that goal with his steal of the ball and the lay off.

Try this - Gain some understanding of the game - watch the match - engage brain - make comment. HTH
I wasn't taking Fuzzy seriously tbh.