United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Jose is the perfect replacement imho

If we can only pick from the list of managers who have succeeded as much as Fergie, the list will be very short...
True or not do you honestly think he'd walk away from Real to take over at a skint United?

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

should this not be merged with the million and one 'who will replace fergie' threads that already exist?

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
should this not be merged with the million and one 'who will replace fergie' threads that already exist?
No.

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:22 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Jose is the perfect replacement imho

If we can only pick from the list of managers who have succeeded as much as Fergie, the list will be very short...
you can't beat a good succeeded manager

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
True or not do you honestly think he'd walk away from Real to take over at a skint United?
Yes. Which is precisely why he'd be no £#%&!ing good for us.

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Yes. Which is precisely why he'd be no £#%&!ing good for us.
I don't.

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not at the moment no

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Jose. Has to be. He's waiting for it, he's prepping it with his public comments on SAF and the club. Money or no money this is his Alpha Project.
Yes the football won't be attractive but has it really been that attractive recently anyway? Defending for our lives and 'give it to Ronaldo' or up the wing cross it in for Rooney? We might actually develop a midfield that can control games once again. Imagine that.

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:32 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

fergie will probably stay a year or two yet, by then jose will have done what he's wanted at madrid and will be ready for a long term job

the trouble is any manager after fergie will be a step down, we can either not find a suitable replacement and get relegated a la post busby or we can find the next best thing to fergie in jose.

it's the sensible appointment imo because i can't see anyone else coping with the pressure of the job

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
you can't beat a good succeeded manager
oh £#%&! off

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:40 AM
koppas

Jose knew Rooney would stay. Fergie told him.

Jose wants this job BAD.

Stays on here.

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I think Moyes could be an option. He's done wonders at keeping Everton in and around 7th place with no hope of ever winning a trophy and getting battered constantly whenever they play any sort of technical side or in Europe. Plus he's young (47) compared with the crusty Mourinho (47).

Yes, for me it just has to be David Moyes to replace a manager of 24 years in charge of the club.

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:46 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Jose knew Rooney would stay. Fergie told him.

Jose wants this job BAD.

Stays on here.
guardian exclusive, mourihno next in line for united job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I think Moyes could be an option. He's done wonders at keeping Everton in and around 7th place with no hope of ever winning a trophy and getting battered constantly whenever they play any sort of technical side or in Europe. Plus he's young (47) compared with the crusty Mourinho (47).

Yes, for me it just has to be David Moyes to replace a manager of 24 years in charge of the club.

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:47 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Ferie upstairs - Brucey as the sorcerers apprentice. doubt me not.

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:56 AM
rafabio

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

not to mention the regular extra rest we will get from the 2 matches against liverpool where we will never perform...

Unread 26-10-2010, 09:58 AM
The Return of JC

It can only be Mourinho.

Unread 26-10-2010, 10:06 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Ferie upstairs - Brucey as the sorcerers apprentice. doubt me not.
I think United are keen to avoid this situation again after the Busby/McGuinness fiasco.

Mourinho would be the bookies' favourite I think, with Larry White second and Moyes the smokey. Queiroz's farcical reign in the Portugal job could have cost him his chance. Hard to think of any other candidates really. Surely not O'Neill or McLeish.

Eric?

Unread 26-10-2010, 10:08 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I think United are keen to avoid this situation again after the Busby/McGuinness fiasco.

Mourinho would be the bookies' favourite I think, with Larry White second and Moyes the smokey. Queiroz's farcical reign in the Portugal job could have cost him his chance. Hard to think of any other candidates really. Surely not O'Neill or McLeish.

Eric?
O'Neill?

He can £#%&! RIGHT off.

Unread 26-10-2010, 10:09 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
O'Neill?

He can £#%&! RIGHT off.
Agree.

Unread 26-10-2010, 10:10 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Agree.
You just know his name will be mentioned when the time comes. Despite not having done anything of real note since leaving Leicester. Yes, Leicester. Winning the League Cup once (or twice). Wow, just wow. Winning things in Scotland doesn't count - it's a piece of piss up there. Even John Barnes won them the league.
Closed Thread