United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:40 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Mate, as much as I appreciate your apprehension, we've won 7 games in 5 months. If that's not 'bad' i don't know what is.

you'd be surprised how much respect a former high-profile players who's won everything in the game can command from players.

Not to mention he was Pogba and Lingard's manager when they were kids in the reserves.
What’s the worst case scenario, we don’t get top 4 and get knocked out by PSG
We’re not getting top 4 anyway and we have no chance of winning the CL

I just wanted someone likeable who wants to play attacking football until the end of the season
The important crucial decisions will be how they restructure the football administrative side of the club and then the head coach we appoint in the summer

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:43 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
What’s the worst case scenario, we don’t get top 4 and get knocked out by PSG
We’re not getting top 4 anyway and we have no chance of winning the CL

I just wanted someone likeable who wants to play attacking football until the end of the season
The important crucial decisions will be how they restructure the football administrative side of the club and then the head coach we appoint in the summer
the worst case scenario is qualifying for the europa imo. it's either the tues/wed cl games or nothing.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:46 AM
Buck

You know Ole will put the interests of the club ahead of himself. He's not going to see this as an audition or that he's entitled to the job.

Ultimately it's going to take title winning form in the second half of the season just to get into the top four and that's not going to happen. As long as he can take off the shackles, go all out in the FA Cup and against PSG and give one or two youngsters a chance then he's done his job. If we fall short trying so be it. There's not going to be much expectation but to get everyone's spirits up for the new manager to take over from.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:47 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
You know Ole will put the interests of the club ahead of himself. He's not going to see this as an audition or that he's entitled to the job.

Ultimately it's going to take title winning form in the second half of the season just to get into the top four and that's not going to happen. As long as he can take off the shackles, go all out in the FA Cup and against PSG and give one or two youngsters a chance then he's done his job. If we fall short trying so be it. There's not going to be much expectation but to get everyone's spirits up for the new manager to take over from.
Bang on.

Unread 19-12-2018, 12:52 AM
S/Side.Red

Hell of a lot of importance being placed on his nine months at Cardiff. Not arsed.

Hopefully the good will and vibe around the place will spur us on to at least do alright. Nobody is expecting miracles. Time for the players to step it up. They’ll be given trust and freedom to make up for recent months. Several should be playing for their futures.

Unread 19-12-2018, 01:24 AM
MagnificentSeven

anyone have a clue what to expect from ole, tactics wise?

Unread 19-12-2018, 01:31 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Hell of a lot of importance being placed on his nine months at Cardiff. Not arsed.

Hopefully the good will and vibe around the place will spur us on to at least do alright. Nobody is expecting miracles. Time for the players to step it up. They’ll be given trust and freedom to make up for recent months. Several should be playing for their futures.
Exactly, doesn't matter a £#%&!. Totally irrelevant.Ole will be more about intent than tactics.

Unread 19-12-2018, 01:38 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
anyone have a clue what to expect from ole, tactics wise?
he plays 4-3-3 at Molde. that's all i know.

Unread 19-12-2018, 01:49 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he plays 4-3-3 at Molde. that's all i know.
as long as he doesn't persist with a front three of sanchez, lukaku and lingard.

Unread 19-12-2018, 02:13 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
mark my words... only is gonna lead us to finish below 10th.

He will be a disaster a complete disaster.
I don’t see that as a disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
where can i watch the doc?
£#%&! knows. I may have watched it on mutv a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Feel the same. First job is to sort the defence. Can't see him doing that. Will settle for a bit of entertaining football though.
His only job as far as the glazers are concenered is to keep their playing assets happy and get to the end of the season.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:06 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Because he hasn’t proved himself as a competent manager...

Some of you have a spot spot for our past squad striker ...but he isn’t cut out to manage United or bring us in with a respectable finish while handing all the egos and cliques in our dressing room.

We also have the fa cup and ecl to compete in so the season isn’t over.

Mark my words this is gonna be bad.
Fair enough.

The way I see it, we're in a bad way now. Whatever Jose's strengths are, we an absolutely broken team. It's a team playing at 70% of its capabilities, despite its shortcomings. The mood is depressing. The style is depressing.

We're not looking for a great coach right now. We don't need a grand plan implementing. We need someone to lift the place and bring slme positivity back.

I think he's capable of that.

I don't think anybody is expecting him to transform the club's fortunes. That's not his remit.

Meanwhile, get the club working hard behind the scenes at the real successor.

I'm not at all surprised to wake up and find we've £#%&!ed something up

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Past squad striker

Maybe we should have got yorke or Hughes in as they started more regularly.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:21 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Past squad striker

Maybe we should have got yorke or Hughes in as they started more regularly.
This

Clubs a £#%&!ing joke

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:25 AM
no fun

Feel uneasy about this

Ole is (deservedly) a united legend, but manager material?

Cynical appointment by Woodward & co ...... fans favourite beyond criticism, but simply treading water until the end of the season

Already written this season off, roll on August 2019 with a new manager, and hopefully a much changed squad

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Feel uneasy about this

Ole is (deservedly) a united legend, but manager material?

Cynical appointment by Woodward & co ...... fans favourite beyond criticism, but simply treading water until the end of the season

Already written this season off, roll on August 2019 with a new manager, and hopefully a much changed squad
The alternative is that we hire someone currently available right now.

Any suggestions?

I'm not worried about this season. It's been a disaster because of how we've approached it. This is the most un-Manchester United team ive ever seen.

Everything about us is wholly awful. Ole can lift that simply by turning up.

The last two managerial appointments have been two hasty stabs in the dark. Reactionary and with little to no thought about the future. Hopefully hiring an interim is a change to this policy.

Jose has to go. They've taken the step to stop the bleeding.

The next phase will take a long time and a lot of effort. We have to make this sacrifice in the short term.

I'd rather Poch in six months and 10th place than Zidane now and 6th place.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:46 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
The alternative is that we hire someone currently available right now.

Any suggestions?

I'm not worried about this season. It's been a disaster because of how we've approached it. This is the most un-Manchester United team ive ever seen.

Everything about us is wholly awful. Ole can lift that simply by turning up.

The last two managerial appointments have been two hasty stabs in the dark. Reactionary and with little to no thought about the future. Hopefully hiring an interim is a change to this policy.

Jose has to go. They've taken the step to stop the bleeding.

The next phase will take a long time and a lot of effort. We have to make this sacrifice in the short term.

I'd rather Poch in six months and 10th place than Zidane now and 6th place.

I don’t know what the answer is, just don’t think it’s Ole

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:50 AM
windy waffles

The season is a write off so I'm pleased with this.

Gonna enjoy Ole being back if nothing else and wait for Poch to slowly break Spurs fans hearts...

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:54 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Ole is fine. The only realistic expectation I have this season is to finish lower than Europe qualification places and higher than relegation.

Far better decision to have an interim manager until we can get a decent full time manager.

Unread 19-12-2018, 07:58 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I don’t know what the answer is, just don’t think it’s Ole
I think people are worried and mistaking him for the ultimate.

He's short term.

Robbie Savage (I know I know...) saying this morning "what are man united doing hiring the manager of Molde" like that's the sole basis of what they're doing.

£#%&!ing idiot.

I expect we'll see an immediate life in mood. I think we'll see a change in now we approach games. I think our record on the pitch will still be hamstrung by squad shortcomings and Ole's lack of experience.

I can take that.

Unread 19-12-2018, 08:08 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I think people are worried and mistaking him for the ultimate.

He's short term.

Robbie Savage (I know I know...) saying this morning "what are man united doing hiring the manager of Molde" like that's the sole basis of what they're doing.

£#%&!ing idiot.

I expect we'll see an immediate life in mood. I think we'll see a change in now we approach games. I think our record on the pitch will still be hamstrung by squad shortcomings and Ole's lack of experience.

I can take that.
I'm not mistking him for the ultimate, and coming in at the end of March is short term. We're not even halfway through the season and still in two cups, and the defence is the major issue.

Fingers crossed though.
Closed Thread