United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:59 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

I’m not saying he should have , I’m saying you can’t argue that if a manager is good or not if he had won a trophy.

Unread 07-09-2022, 10:59 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
That was just in reference to the Moyes comparison. Moyes consistently got Everton to around 5th-8th. Which is where a club of their size should be.

Brighton should be battling it out with Deadpool and McElhenny.

Do you think Arteta is a good manager? He won the FA Cup.
Why? They're well run, got a 31,000 capacity stadium.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:00 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
That was just in reference to the Moyes comparison. Moyes consistently got Everton to around 5th-8th. Which is where a club of their size should be.

Brighton should be battling it out with Deadpool and McElhenny.

Do you think Arteta is a good manager? He won the FA Cup.
Nope, but him winning the trophy gives him much more credibility in the argument for his case

Poor choice of words. Above. But if a manager wins something there’s a lot more argument for him saying he is a good manager

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:01 AM
AK14

I can see Potter having a spell there tbh.

Good manager.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:02 AM
Drexl

He will win the golden snitch nqat

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:02 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Nope, but him winning the trophy gives him much more credibility in the argument for his case

Poor choice of words. Above. But if a manager wins something there’s a lot more argument for him saying he is a good manager
Fair enough.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:03 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I can see Potter having a spell there tbh.

Good manager.
Nah, Brighton's ground hasn't the right capacity and hes never gone far in the Worthington cup...

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Why? They're well run, got a 31,000 capacity stadium.
Because seagulls are horrible birds. Can’t you read?

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:07 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Fair enough.
Like I said it’s all subjective and different people will have different measures of what makes a good manager. Is it style? How far they’ve come on a Small budget? What they have won? What players they have developed? Etc etc

The only time where you can’t really argue against a manager being good is if he has won trophies consistently .

I hope he gets the Chelsea job, would be interesting to see if he can translate his achievements at Brighton on a bigger and better stage.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:10 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Like I said it’s all subjective and different people will have different measures of what makes a good manager. Is it style? How far they’ve come on a Small budget? What they have won? What players they have developed? Etc etc

The only time where you can’t really argue against a manager being good is if he has won trophies consistently .

I hope he gets the Chelsea job, would be interesting to see if he can translate his achievements at Brighton on a bigger and better stage.
If they can prise him away from that 31,000 seater stadium.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:11 AM
pc6090

I think they will try and get a big name in purely so they can say look who we have brought in etc. if I was a betting man I’d put 50p each way on Zidane.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:14 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Nah, Brighton's ground hasn't the right capacity and hes never gone far in the Worthington cup...
I love how you just end up fighting yourself. I’ve made my points and you’re choosing to disregard bits and then pick on some of them only to make sarcastic comments with yourself about

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:16 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I love how you just end up fighting yourself. I’ve made my points and you’re choosing to disregard bits and then pick on some of them only to make sarcastic comments with yourself about
New to Bunks, pal? Man ain’t here to chat 😎

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:16 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
He will win the golden snitch nqat
Sergio Reguilón's already won that I think.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:17 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I wasn't replying to you

You also made one of the stupidest points on this thread as you can see that from numerous replies, awful summer tbh ...

Thought it might clear after the window shut but here you are again ...

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:19 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I wasn't replying to you

You also made one of the stupidest points on this thread as you can see that from numerous replies, awful summer tbh ...

Thought it might clear after the window shut but here you are again ...
Sure you weren’t. I was mentioning cups and you refer to the league cup. Yea I make stupid points, hope that signature of freeing VDB is working.

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:23 AM
united_1878

jose please
the meltdown would be immense

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:27 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Don't think he would take it, he's flying where he is, leave to jump into that frying pan, don't see it, Imagine he has his eye on the England job for his next jump, when it comes up.
But you see managers do it all the time, it seems they can't resist the lure of a "big club". In the same way that there's always a club prepared to give a serial failure a job.

The two are probably not unrelated, once you've managed a big club other clubs will always be prepared to take a chance on you

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:34 AM
Sloppy

Unread 07-09-2022, 11:37 AM
M33mike

They should go get Simeone. His shithousery would be perfect for them
Closed Thread