United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who do you want to see relegated?
Everton & Leeds 35 47.30%
Everton & Leicester 10 13.51%
Leeds and Leicester 29 39.19%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 21-05-2023, 01:02 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Well I guess I can if I no nothing about Everton’s financial improprieties.

Genuinely have missed that.
They've overspent, could face a points deduction and are potentially being sued by other clubs who could go down and Burnley. Tbf I only found out as my lad told me.... not got much press.

Unread 21-05-2023, 01:05 PM
Chris Quayd

Get Everton down for a season. The way they are ran it's going to happen eventually anyway, may as well cut the cord now and not having them stink the place out while gift-wrapping Liverpool 6 points every season. Don't want to go all riccers but there one of three teams with a longer run in the top flight than us, sick of them lording that over us tbh.

Unread 21-05-2023, 01:09 PM
woody78

Can't say I'm too bothered out of Leeds and Everton. Quite like dyche and alladyce.

Glad Leicester are going through

Unread 21-05-2023, 01:13 PM
Denis Irwell

Everton: common enemy but bend over every time while cup final vs United. Worth min 6 pts turn around vs United/dippers

Leeds scum full of optimism every time we play them , hilarious to see their bubble burst.p nearly every time

Everton down/big Sam to the rescue

Unread 21-05-2023, 01:13 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Everton's profligate spending makes Woodward look like a conservative steward of the club. £125 million on Tosun, Iwobi, Bolasie & Sigurdsson. "Who?". Exactly.

Bamford's pen miss probably sends Leeds down along w/ Leicester. Leicester getting relegated is one of those amusing oddities to be ranked alongside the WHU side that had Carrick, Joe Cole, Defoe, Kanoute etc. in and went down. Or Leeds side w/ Viduka, Smith, Milner, Radebe, Batty etc. More than enough quality to stay in the division but the squad just packed up tools as all are leaving anyway.

Unread 21-05-2023, 03:13 PM
Buck

Every season seems to be the same for Everton. It's a very boring club on and off the pitch. Maybe a season in the championship will shake things up finally at all levels. They'll either become like Stoke and rot there for years or do what Burnley have done and completely change their team to come back up.

Unread 21-05-2023, 03:15 PM
dunk

Given Everton’s finances and financial shenanigans, relegation could kill them off.

Fair chance staying up this year is nothing more than a stay of execution tbh.

Unread 21-05-2023, 04:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Get Everton down for a season. The way they are ran it's going to happen eventually anyway, may as well cut the cord now and not having them stink the place out while gift-wrapping Liverpool 6 points every season. Don't want to go all riccers but there one of three teams with a longer run in the top flight than us, sick of them lording that over us tbh.
Never heard an Evertonian mention it. Most of those I know only bitch about the other lot. I'm fine with that.

Unread 21-05-2023, 04:42 PM
red in cumbria

Everton stayed up in rather fortuitous circumstances (to put it euphemistically) in both 1994 and 1998.

About time that it caught up with them, but we will probably have to wait a bit longer for that after today.

Unread 21-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Everton stayed up in rather fortuitous circumstances (to put it euphemistically) in both 1994 and 1998.

About time that it caught up with them, but we will probably have to wait a bit longer for that after today.
And last season. They’ll do the same again this year. Utter shite all. One big result in May and rely on everyone else being a little bit worse.

Unread 21-05-2023, 05:19 PM
red in cumbria

I mean in both those years there was more than just "luck" involved.

I'm sure we all know of the Hans Segers rumours, and the latter time they were saved by Bolton having a blatantly obvious goal disallowed a few weeks before. It really is time their luck ran out.

Unread 21-05-2023, 08:56 PM
Mr Kaboom

The disallowed goal was on 1st September. Bit of a stretch blaming that for Everton not going down

Unread 21-05-2023, 09:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I mean in both those years there was more than just "luck" involved.

I'm sure we all know of the Hans Segers rumours, and the latter time they were saved by Bolton having a blatantly obvious goal disallowed a few weeks before. It really is time their luck ran out.

Unread 21-05-2023, 09:04 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Like Everton. Proper club and proper supporters. We have a common enemy.

Leicester fans sing things like ‘who are you?’ And Leeds fans are amongst the lowest of the low. So those two please.
+1

Unread 21-05-2023, 10:38 PM
goldfinger II

I dislike Leeds but would rather have games against them than not. Can't be doing with these Bouremouths types in the Premier League.

Everton could probably do with a relegation. Come back renewed and more interesting.

Unread 22-05-2023, 07:22 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Given Everton’s finances and financial shenanigans, relegation could kill them off.

Fair chance staying up this year is nothing more than a stay of execution tbh.
Been hearing the same. My inlaws are Evertonians and they're alright, they hate Liverpool about as much as we do. They don't really like the ownership, but at the same time they never shut up about their new stadium, so not sure what the £#%&! they want tbh.

They also actively campaigned for Frank Lampard to be their manager, so they only have themselves to blame if they do go down.

Any of the three can go down for me, hope Everton don't go bust if they do. But you play with fire etc etc.

Unread 22-05-2023, 07:44 AM
magic_cantona

Can't see Everton going down now unless Leicester somehow win at Newcastle tonight.

It'd be funny as £#%&! but, like most, know a lot of decent Evertonians. It'd be worth it to see them set Goodison on fire on the last day.

Unread 22-05-2023, 07:56 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Everton are a proper club....

£#%&! the other two
This for me. Don't mind Everton tbf, got a few mates who follow them and the FiL and missus are toffees.

Unread 22-05-2023, 08:16 PM
dunk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65674665

Everton in dire straits..

Quote:
The club require funding for their new stadium, being built on Bramley Moore Dock, after costs increased from £500m to about £760m.

And in their latest accounts, the club posted financial losses for a fifth successive year. Their losses have totalled more than £430m over that period.

Unread 22-05-2023, 09:06 PM
Ethers

I thought a new stadium was £2bn minimum?
Closed Thread