United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2020, 12:44 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
They actually think he will be here despite our worst start to the season in 30 years.

Bizarre really is.

Poch will be here in the summer, this nonsense will be over and we will have a proper manager. Probably why we aren't signing anyone...
LVG inners were the same ( id take him over OLE )

The issue i have and have said before, regardless of how bad recruitment has been, a proper manager would be able to get that squad playing better.

Also the injuries he gets are his fault...remember LFC at home last season? that £#%&!ed us because he redlined it leading up. Also playing Lingard who was £#%&!ed before the game.

Ole is a coach for the strikers...thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Out of interest, what will your stance be should Pochettino come here and we remain exactly as we have done under the past 4 managers?
Why will that be the case? presume we sign nobody under poch...he would be better than Ole.

Moyes was the same as Ole....sacked. LVG was dull as £#%&!, sacked. Jose did a Jose and lost the dressing room...sacked. Ole has only kept his job because of who he is, owners being tight, new manager stating join in the summer only and that we still can make the ECL via the euromonga league.

Ole isn't going anywhere this season until ECL qualification is 100% gone, so enjoy the terrible results until the summer Nobody is a winner in this as always. Grim.

Unread 25-01-2020, 12:53 PM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the long glorious posts from ole apologists saying nothing tangible have started....

A few co-signs and it’s as if now ole is actually doing a good job.

Even the clown himself has given you guys some new justifications in his press conference today...
“It took Kloop 4 years”

no matter the excuses, no matter how many spelling and punctuation mistakes i make, it wont change the fact we are in shit, doing shit and have a shit manager leading the way.

he isn’t kloop, he doesn’t have any ideas, he doesn’t have a brand of football, he doesn’t have a system.
Kloop got Liverpool to the two finals a in his first season, ecl final the next season and then steadily better and better. He bought well, sold countinho and make the money count and has a system now at the club where you take players out and the back ups just slot in.

meanwhile our manager is telling us he is resetting the culture at the club. What that means and how we can measure it...£#%&! knows but it’s sounds good to an idiot.
He always says we need players without even displaying his ability to get the most of out the players at his disposal and people are making excuses for him.
If Burnley and Watford can get the ball down and actually play better football than us...than it’s the managers fault and nothing to do personally.

I could go on about his “high press” plan to implement or how the “hard work the boys are doing in training” never seems to be evident in games but can’t be bothered.

The guy is a clown who has no business managing a club like man United

City put out a strong squad in semi final which proves to him, we are going places...£#%&!ijg idiot
£#%&! off

Unread 25-01-2020, 12:59 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Do the ole inners really think he isn't getting sacked in the summer? The only reason he'll last that long is it's cheaper to wait until top 4 is gone n the manager we want won't join midseaon.
He will be gone for sure

Maybe make him the director of culture so his apologists are happy.

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
He will be gone for sure

Maybe make him the director of culture so his apologists are happy.

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:02 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
LVG inners were the same ( id take him over OLE )

The issue i have and have said before, regardless of how bad recruitment has been, a proper manager would be able to get that squad playing better.

Also the injuries he gets are his fault...remember LFC at home last season? that £#%&!ed us because he redlined it leading up. Also playing Lingard who was £#%&!ed before the game.

Ole is a coach for the strikers...thats it.

That's how I feel. Someone will be around shortly to point out that we can't guarantee a new manager will be successful so shouldn't go and find one.

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:05 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Out of interest, what will your stance be should Pochettino come here and we remain exactly as we have done under the past 4 managers?

I’ve tried to be as balanced as can be when it comes to Ole btw, my issue remains with the club being run so poorly that regardless of the manager, we now have such a dearth of quality across the pitch that I struggle to see us getting back to where we want to be for the foreseeable.
Poch is a proper manager. We would have a better chance of improving under him. He's done it everywhere he has been in a very small amount of time.

Ole basically won the prize in a raffle because we were too tight to stump up the cash. In the summer we wont have to...

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:10 PM
Coracao

Our squad is so bereft of quality, that I'm not sure a new manager would bring about a great deal of change. We have been playing shit football under the last 3 managers. Some brutal stuff and it doesn't seem to change from manager to manager.

I actually feel we have some very good young talent, that in a few years could be part of a good side. But our senior players are in the main, a joke. It is a completely dysfunctional side and has been for a long time. I think over the past 6 years you could be forgiven for thinking that they don't even bother with training through the week, as there is no evidence of it on a match day.

We are in a position now where every signing needs to be a success if we are going to turn this around any time soon. Given our track record, can't be too optimistic.

I would give him until the end of next season.

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:11 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Our squad is so bereft of quality, that I'm not sure a new manager would bring about a great deal of change. We have been playing shit football under the last 3 managers. Some brutal stuff and it doesn't seem to change from manager to manager.

I actually feel we have some very good young talent, that in a few years could be part of a good side. But our senior players are in the main, a joke. It is a completely dysfunctional side and has been for a long time. I think over the past 6 years you could be forgiven for thinking that they don't even bother with training through the week, as there is no evidence of it on a match day.

We are in a position now where every signing needs to be a success if we are going to turn this around any time soon. Given our track record, can't be too optimistic.

I would give him until the end of next season.
We will. And then he will be sacked.

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:12 PM
andyroo

All the @#%&!s getting stuck into Ole as if it's all his fault are missing the obvious that he's only in the job because of our huge governance issues on a massive scale. Sure he's made mistakes, even the best do sometimes, and in this environment every mistake is exacerbated. The Team Mou £#%&!ers who couldn't wait to blame the board for everything aren't even prepared to cut Ole the slightest slack.

You'll get your way sooner or later, we'll sack him and appoint a proper manager. Probably Pochettino in the summer. In better times the prospect would enthuse me more.

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:15 PM
Coracao

Quote:
We will. And then he will be sacked.
May or may not be the case...

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:19 PM
dunk

They've already said he gets the summer window at least, which means he gets next season.

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:20 PM
windy waffles

He was appointed as caretaker manager initially and it well known we wanted Pochettino. We went on that crazy run, which no one could see, and United, really, had no choice to give it to him. The fans were lauding it up, I'll admit I was too, but, in hindsight, it was more to do with a new face at the club, a happy one instead of the miserable manager who had lost the dressing room, and players having a new lease of life as it always the case when a club appoints a new manager.

He was then appointed permanent manager and, since then, we have seen our worst form in 30 years. Do people honestly think that if we don't make the CL again, with the fans now booing the team, that the club won't make a change? Pochettino was the original plan but we didn't want to pay the £40m or however much it would have cost. Pochettino is now available and no compensation will have to be paid in the summer. If he hasn't taken another job there is no way the club won't finally get their man.

Despite how it ended up at Spurs, there is no way anyone can see that Ole is better suited to take the club forward than someone who has proven his credentials at two Premier League clubs with an even worse budget than what our previous managers have had. If you honestly think that Ole is the man to take us forward, based on nothing, you're blind.

I don't think it is any coincidence that, despite the club obviously needing several players, they are unwilling to spend any cash. It needs a massive rebuild and they obviously don't trust Ole with anymore money after seeing what is going on. They have come out and said Ole has theirbacking - they aren't going to sack him now and admit that their premature gamble hasn't paid of. It's a PR exercise - and a bad one.

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:21 PM
Dr Stranger

There's no Ole Inners.

I don't know of anyone who is 100% saying he will get it right. I'm not. Hand on heart, I don't think he's going to be here much longer or that he's the man to take us forward, but that doesn't mean he can't be a stepping stone, that he can't leave us in a stronger position than when he came in.

And most of the defence of him, is more just criticism of those above him.

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:24 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They've already said he gets the summer window at least, which means he gets next season.
Delighted for the Ole inners tbh

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Tbh, I wouldn't trust anything they say.

If things don't pick up and we cost along at this level, I'll be surprised if he isn't sacked.

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:56 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
He was appointed as caretaker manager initially and it well known we wanted Pochettino. We went on that crazy run, which no one could see, and United, really, had no choice to give it to him. The fans were lauding it up, I'll admit I was too, but, in hindsight, it was more to do with a new face at the club, a happy one instead of the miserable manager who had lost the dressing room, and players having a new lease of life as it always the case when a club appoints a new manager.

He was then appointed permanent manager and, since then, we have seen our worst form in 30 years. Do people honestly think that if we don't make the CL again, with the fans now booing the team, that the club won't make a change? Pochettino was the original plan but we didn't want to pay the £40m or however much it would have cost. Pochettino is now available and no compensation will have to be paid in the summer. If he hasn't taken another job there is no way the club won't finally get their man.

Despite how it ended up at Spurs, there is no way anyone can see that Ole is better suited to take the club forward than someone who has proven his credentials at two Premier League clubs with an even worse budget than what our previous managers have had. If you honestly think that Ole is the man to take us forward, based on nothing, you're blind.

I don't think it is any coincidence that, despite the club obviously needing several players, they are unwilling to spend any cash. It needs a massive rebuild and they obviously don't trust Ole with anymore money after seeing what is going on. They have come out and said Ole has theirbacking - they aren't going to sack him now and admit that their premature gamble hasn't paid of. It's a PR exercise - and a bad one.
Why would they not trust him to buy players? What bad purchases has he made ?

Unread 25-01-2020, 01:59 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Maguire & James

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:00 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Tbh, I wouldn't trust anything they say.

If things don't pick up and we cost along at this level, I'll be surprised if he isn't sacked.
This. Not exactly known for long term planning. If we carry on as we have so far this season then there is absolutely no way he gets a summer budget and another season.

Have people been sleeping through the past seven years? (Wish I had been, etc.)

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:10 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
They want to save the money for the new manager.

Unread 25-01-2020, 02:13 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
They said the same thing to LVG and Jose.

Another plus point of a Poch is hopefully he wont be such a little GlazerWoody bitch, that clearly Ole is. He is over the moon to be our manager and knows the alternative is back to lapland.

About transfers...he's £#%&!. This whole England thing...£#%&! off. English players are SHIT. Maguire is a huge waste of money
Closed Thread