United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:20 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
There’s an element of united fans that really do clutch when it comes to finding things to discredit Pochettino with.

That ones a pearler tbf
Shows a weak mentality and contributed to their failure to put together anything resembling a performance in the final imo.

Celebrating a semi-final win like they'd won the quadruple ffs.

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Shows a weak mentality and contributed to their failure to put together anything resembling a performance in the final imo.

Celebrating a semi-final win like they'd won the quadruple ffs.
And a nice extreme at the end to boot.

Unread 20-11-2019, 09:04 AM
Zorg

Was it on here I was reading about the splits in the dressing room? One player going after another’s missus, two enemy factions, Poch unable to control it.
Maybe I dreamed it.

Unread 20-11-2019, 09:43 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Was it on here I was reading about the splits in the dressing room? One player going after another’s missus, two enemy factions, Poch unable to control it.
Maybe I dreamed it.
whoever posted it deffo dreamt it

Unread 20-11-2019, 10:28 AM
Fat Al

The timing of this still strikes me as odd. Why do it now? It would have been far better to do it at the start of the international break. Give the new guy a chance to get his feet under the desk, meet some of the players.

It smells like a falling out over something, rather than the current results. Or Levy just being a @#%&!. Look at how he got rid of Gross.

Unread 20-11-2019, 10:33 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
The timing of this still strikes me as odd. Why do it now? It would have been far better to do it at the start of the international break. Give the new guy a chance to get his feet under the desk, meet some of the players.

It smells like a falling out over something, rather than the current results. Or Levy just being a @#%&!. Look at how he got rid of Gross.
You mean Martin Jol?

Unread 20-11-2019, 10:36 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
You mean Martin Jol?
I could do, the memory isn’t what it was & I cba to Google it.

Unread 20-11-2019, 10:43 AM
dunk

Poor Spurs fans

Unread 20-11-2019, 10:50 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Poor Spurs fans
Spurs mate of mine absolutely loved Poch and absolutely detested Jose (even as it got rocky and as far back as when Jose was at United).

He is absolutely fuming this morning. His two worst nightmares becoming reality in the space of 12 hours.

Unread 20-11-2019, 11:00 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Spurs mate of mine absolutely loved Poch and absolutely detested Jose (even as it got rocky and as far back as when Jose was at United).

He is absolutely fuming this morning. His two worst nightmares becoming reality in the space of 12 hours.
He’ll change his tune when they slap West Ham this weekend.

Unread 20-11-2019, 11:50 AM
dunk

Quote:

Been there

He has my condolences.

Unread 20-11-2019, 11:57 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Been there

He has my condolences.

Unread 20-11-2019, 12:25 PM
razzle

Quote:
Maybe I dreamed it.
This is true, one faction is called the white harts, the other is the yodelboys

Unread 20-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Soviet

I hope the Levy Mourinho press conference isnt two @#%&!s getting in bed with each other, everyone asking nice questions, everyone saying the right things and off we go. I want the journalists to get under the skin of them both, and address legitimate concerns from the start.

I read someone say Levy and Mourinho cant work together and both will need to compromise, I think it is a valid point. I am sure theyll put a spin on it during the press conference, but it must be a concern. There is nothing to suggest either will change, so how is it going to work. Mourinho reverts to type and it includes everything it always has, which is everything Levy hates.

I wouldnt have thought Spurs fans will cut him much slack either. Levy must be banking on Mourinho winning something in the next two years before it fizzles out and goes wrong. Maybe Levy fears missing out on top 4 than most, due to their financial constraints. Maybe he fears losing Kane. Mourinho will pretty much have to do it with this squad. When he rubs one or two up the wrong way, perhaps fails to get a couple on board that want out, fails to heal any divisions, one or two let him down, he'll have nowhere to turn and itll go sour very quickly. He'll become tetchy and toxic, destructive, trying to save himself.

But, can he rinse something out of this squad that Poch couldnt, before it requires surgery that Mourinho will not be able to perform.

Unread 20-11-2019, 01:08 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 20-11-2019, 01:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Maybe I dreamed it.
Did hear about the dressing room factions

Unread 20-11-2019, 07:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
There’s an element of united fans that really do clutch when it comes to finding things to discredit Pochettino with.

That ones a pearler tbf
But its at least arguably true, and a major reason why getting to the final *was* their final.

Unread 20-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Maybe Levy fears missing out on top 4 than most, due to their financial constraints.
I don’t think there’s a maybe about it. A pure panic decision due to the fear of missing out.

Unread 20-11-2019, 11:04 PM
armchair

have a holiday then move ole upstairs and bring him in

Unread 20-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
But its at least arguably true, and a major reason why getting to the final *was* their final.
Their Tottenham. The CL final is completely new territory.

He overachieved there, massively.
Closed Thread