United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2019, 07:54 PM
BarryX

Default Wage decreases for not qualifying to the CL

Some interesting figures reported by Footyleaks, via the Mail, show what not qualifying will mean to wages next year (minus 25% penalty, so they say). Pogba stands to miss out on 2 million quid

Player Wage -25%
Alexis Sanchez 500k 375k
Paul Pogba 300k 225k
Romelu Lukaku 250k 187k
David de Gea 200k 150k
Fred 175k 131k

Recokon each and every one of those will be on the phone to agents tonight.

Unread 05-05-2019, 07:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Some interesting figures reported by Footyleaks, via the Mail, show what not qualifying will mean to wages next year (minus 25% penalty, so they say). Pogba stands to miss out on 2 million quid

Player Wage -25%
Alexis Sanchez 500k 375k
Paul Pogba 300k 225k
Romelu Lukaku 250k 187k
David de Gea 200k 150k
Fred 175k 131k

Think they all need to go tbh

Unread 05-05-2019, 07:56 PM
armchair

Unread 05-05-2019, 07:57 PM
Vedder

Quote:

Player Wage -25%
Alexis Sanchez 500k 375k
Paul Pogba 300k 225k
Romelu Lukaku 250k 187k
David de Gea 200k 150k
Fred 175k 131k

He won’t because he won’t be here, thank £#%&!.

Unread 05-05-2019, 07:58 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Think they all need to go tbh
You've got bigger balls than me, Dunk (I'd still keep De Gea, Pogba and Fred from that list). Not sure if any will actively want to stay, now that they'll be earning seriously less, so you may well get your wish (either that or the Glazers get the chequebooks out).

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:20 PM
sa7

They should lose 25% of their wages, their freedom and their lives

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:25 PM
ScarFace

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:27 PM
20leFraud

all of these should leave to be honest. Pogba should go to RM - utd isn't the right place for him and ole isn't a big enough personality to control him.

Football has moved on from DDG. His weaknesses are magnified and his strenghts will decline quicker with age.

The rest are not at the level required.

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:35 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20leFraud
all of these should leave to be honest. Pogba should go to RM - utd isn't the right place for him and ole isn't a big enough personality to control him.

Football has moved on from DDG. His weaknesses are magnified and his strenghts will decline quicker with age.

The rest are not at the level required.
I'd bend over backwards to keep Pogba (in spite of everything), renegotiate his contract, make him Captain try and build a world class midfield around him. It's pretty obvious he's had a bit of a shitty return to OT, but - and here's the thing - he has the sort of personality and (on his day) quality that will attract other world class players. Without the CL to look forward to, and the fact that we're no longer seen as the team to join to win trophies, I think we'll be making a huge, long term mistake if he goes.

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:38 PM
andyroo

The only players we'll attract with him are more soft @#%&!s that want an easy life. They'll think if he can get it so can they.

We're overburdened with those already.

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:43 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The only players we'll attract with him are more soft @#%&!s that want an easy life...
I agree with the sentiment, but sadly there are very few out there in the Keane/Bruce/Robson mould. The current generation grew up on FIFA, Instagram and multi-million pound contracts as teenagers.

Snowflake Reds

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I agree with the sentiment, but sadly there are very few out there in the Keane/Bruce/Robson mould. The current generation grew up on FIFA, Instagram and multi-million pound contracts as teenagers.

Snowflake Reds
It's only us though. Only us. £#%&!ing Liverpool who we used to laugh at for their transfer dealings, how come they're not full of #@&%!s like us?

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:53 PM
tatty

Quote:
It's only us though. Only us. £#%&!ing Liverpool who we used to laugh at for their transfer dealings, how come they're not full of #@&%!s like us?
You're right, it's weird how badly we have got it wrong since 2013.

The answer?

New owners.

Young but experienced manager with a good record, fresh ideas and not afraid of the club and its players.

Older DoF who has 'done it' across Europe.

If we got all 3 of those this summer it would still take us a few years to stabilize and get back to the top. It annoys me that if we'd have done the right things in 2013 we'd still have been shit for a while but we'd be on our way back up now instead of still on the way down.

Unread 05-05-2019, 09:28 PM
BarryX

Quote:
There's always the element of luck/unforeseen circumstances/ability to adapt to new surroundings (finding their place in the team, squad, social circles etc), that no matter how much research you do, won't give the whole picture or guarantee success. We have bought, on paper at least, players who should have played to a far greater standard and with much more commitment than they actually did. Di Maria, for example, would have been preferred by many on here to Firmino. Would we have wanted Salah any more than Lukaku or Falcao (again, when the Scousers signed him, his figures were good, but not exactly world class).

Anyway, I'm not in total disagreement with you, but I am concerned that a kneejerk reaction of 'sell 'em all' could be hugely damaging to the club in the long term (especially when we clearly do have some players with huge talent here).

Unread 05-05-2019, 09:28 PM
sa7

Quote:
I don’t know. I can’t speak about how they conduct their business because I don’t know enough about it.

With us however, it’s unpalatably obvious that the due diligence regarding the character of a player, which formed such a major part of a our transfer activity (and consequently our success) is no longer being carried out.

Ability is only a part of the formula for success, if the player is of weak or dubious character then they’re always likely to be a disappointment when your really need them. Pogba is a classic case in point as far as that goes.

It’s why we’ve had players like Ji-Sung Park play a big part over the years. While far from the most talented of lads, you know that they’re going to give you everything and when things are going against you, where lesser men would falter, they would keep going and not give up.

We have a squad filled with two kinds of player.

The first being the talentless @#%&!s. They have no business wearing our shirt nor being involved in any team with aspirations of success. What they do is put in the odd half decent shift in during the early part of a new manager’s time which builds up a false sense of their overall application for the team and a misplaced loyalty from the manager in the mistaken belief that these are players they can rely on when the chips are down. Once the honeymoon period is over, they revert back to their %@#$&! levels and shrink in cowardice like everyone else. They’re opportunists, like horribly sleazy lads who move in on a fit bird who has just suffered a head injury. No business having owt to do with her but uses outside circumstances to weasel their way in.

The second type of player is the talented £#%&!er. They have all the ability in the world, certainly enough to be regularly involved in sides pushing for honours. Occasionally we are given tantalising glimpses of their capabilities, a delicious pass, a mazy dribble, a sublime finish. We let ourselves believe that this is a world class player, the sort around whom we should be building our side for the years ahead.

But it is an illusion. Because, for all their ability to do things other players only dream of, they are just @#%&!y, spoilt children at heart. Why should they put the effort in to lead by example? Why should they be expected to realise their true potential. It’s not their fault they’ve stunk the place out for the 5th, 6th, 7th game in a row. It’s the manager’s fault for expecting too much of them. It’s their team mates’ fault for not covering for their deficiencies. It’s the fans’ fault for not appreciating them. Blame the formation, the training regime, the weather. Whatever you like. But they’ll never have the basic %@#$&!s to look in the mirror and realise what a pathetic, spineless little shitstain they’ve turned out to be.

Unread 05-05-2019, 09:39 PM
tatty

Now i've thought about the wage decreases there is scope for it to be expanded.

You could give each supporter in OT a form to fill in after the game which would decide how much a player should be paid that week.

Pogba: £8

Shaw: voucher for Pizza Hut buffet

etc etc

Unread 05-05-2019, 10:22 PM
red in cumbria

Some excellent posts here, my heart bleeds for them so much

Unread 05-05-2019, 10:23 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Now i've thought about the wage decreases there is scope for it to be expanded.

You could give each supporter in OT a form to fill in after the game which would decide how much a player should be paid that week.

Pogba: £8

Shaw: voucher for Pizza Hut buffet

etc etc
Slimming world more appropriate for the fat @#%&!

Unread 05-05-2019, 10:37 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Slimming world more appropriate for the fat @#%&!

Lukaku? Shaw?

Won’t happen because Ole won’t be given a free hand but they’ll know who the @#%&!s in the squad are and given a preseason .... rinse and repeat

Unread 05-05-2019, 10:47 PM
tatty

Even if Ole wanted to get shot of the deadwood who would buy them? Or even sign them on a free given some of the wages they're on.
Closed Thread