United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:50 AM
dunk

Ten Hag doesn’t want it. He fancies filling his boots at Ajax then taking over from Pep, Klopp, Tuchel or maybe Xavi or Ancelotti imo.

Managerial Graveyards aren’t for ambitious up and comers..

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:51 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ten Hag doesn’t want it. He fancies filling his boots at Ajax then taking over from Pep, Klopp, Tuchel or maybe Xavi or Ancelotti imo.

Sources at sky say he is '100% interested'...

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

What are you basing this on ?

He wants to finish the season with Ajax, that's obvious....

But the summer is the summer...

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:54 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Nope, they simply have different success criteria to us. They see success as draining as much money from the club as possible while maintaining its value for as little outlay as possible.

Bringing in Ten Hag would involve far more changes in the managerial structure, so it won't happen.
92ers spot on, as per

Their only focus is as much profit for as little outlay.

It’s a never ending £#%&!ing nightmare, that won’t change regardless of who the manager is. If a new manager brought trophies to the club with the regularity that Fergie did, this lot would look for a way to cut his budget because he is good enough to succeed/make money without it.

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Sources at sky say he is '100% interested'...
Have ‘Sources at Sky’ ever got anything right? I’d put more stock in your exclusives. Sky exist to drive the betting markets for SkyBet the majority of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

He wants to finish the season with Ajax, that's obvious....

But the summer is the summer...
He wants to see out his contract was the last gambit I read, and win many more titles with Ajax. Deal runs to 2023..

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:56 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Have ‘Sources at Sky’ ever got anything right? I’d put more stock in your exclusives. Sky exist to drive the betting markets for SkyBet the majority of the time.

He wants to see out his contract was the last gambit I read, and win many more titles with Ajax. Deal runs to 2023..
Didn't know you were inside of ETH's head, pal?

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:56 AM
Coracao

Quote:

Non-entities on Twitter probably.

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Ink ?

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:59 AM
atticusgrinch

Klopp had lost what, 5, 6 finals in a row? He had Dortmund plummeting in the league when he got sacked. Tuchel had just been binned off by PSG with them 3rd in the French league.

Both had question marks over them when they arrived at their current clubs.

No manager is going to be a guarantee of success. Poch ticks more boxes than most though.

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:00 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Klopp had lost what, 5, 6 finals in a row? He had Dortmund plummeting in the league when he got sacked. Tuchel had just been binned off by PSG with them 3rd in the French league.

No manager is going to be a guarantee of success. Poch ticks more boxes than most though.
No more proven than Ole though so.

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

There’s no obvious candidate who would be a clear success at Utd
Pep and Klopp are the only two out there sadly who I’d be confident of saying that about (maybe Tuchel but nobody said that prior to Chelsea)

Ten Hag would probably be my first choice but that’s more because he’s been untainted by failure
The risk with him is he’s never managed outside the Dutch league and Ajax is such a well run organisation that it begs the question of how he would get on in a club the complete opposite of Ajax

Poch would be my 2nd choice but there are plenty of caveats with him, mainly that he has never really done it
However aside from PSG (and who cares what he does there as you can’t actually coach that team) he’s never managed a club who should be anywhere near winning football’s biggest prizes

I don’t care Rodgers won an FA cup and Poch didn’t, Poch treated the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League with the contempt they deserve as lesser competitions while at Spurs
Yeah Rodgers got closer to winning the league that one season at Liverpool however Poch was far more consistent season on season in the league than Rodgers with a club who has a much smaller budget

I think we have got to stop looking at who won this or that
We need to bring in someone who can make this side a real team with a real identity which is at least the sum of its parts

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Ink ?
Daily Mirror. Find it yourself.

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:04 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Agreed, but I don’t think it’s a risk the club will be willing to take.

Not so much a risk, but a willingness to support him, fully.

The only risk is ETH’s. He probably has the goods to do a good job here but there’s not a £#%&!ing chance this lot will give him the platform he needs. He’d be mad to chuck his lot in with these leeches

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Daily Mirror. Find it yourself.
ok mate.....as I thought.

Ten hag has coached outside the Netherlands by the way, he was in Germany for two seasons .

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
ok mate.....as I thought.

Ten hag has coached outside the Netherlands by the way, he was in Germany for two seasons .
Never said he hadn’t? the quotes are from his interviews this week btw.

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Never said he hadn’t? the quotes are from his interviews this week btw.
I was replying to someone else quote didn't work...

So he's said this week he wants to stay at Ajax for "many many years" ?

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:09 PM
20LEgend1999

There was the report that Ten Hag sees us as a "managerial graveyard" from Mike Verweij and his mate. Apparently he's quite reliable.

That's why I'd take the option of Poch now if possible, as we have no idea what landscape could be 6 months from now.

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:15 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
There’s no obvious candidate who would be a clear success at Utd
Pep and Klopp are the only two out there sadly who I’d be confident of saying that about (maybe Tuchel but nobody said that prior to Chelsea)

Ten Hag would probably be my first choice but that’s more because he’s been untainted by failure
The risk with him is he’s never managed outside the Dutch league and Ajax is such a well run organisation that it begs the question of how he would get on in a club the complete opposite of Ajax

Poch would be my 2nd choice but there are plenty of caveats with him, mainly that he has never really done it
However aside from PSG (and who cares what he does there as you can’t actually coach that team) he’s never managed a club who should be anywhere near winning football’s biggest prizes

I don’t care Rodgers won an FA cup and Poch didn’t, Poch treated the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League with the contempt they deserve as lesser competitions while at Spurs
Yeah Rodgers got closer to winning the league that one season at Liverpool however Poch was far more consistent season on season in the league than Rodgers with a club who has a much smaller budget

I think we have got to stop looking at who won this or that
We need to bring in someone who can make this side a real team with a real identity which is at least the sum of its parts
Ziggy spot on as per.

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:15 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Very true. There are no guarantees.

If Pochettino wants to come, and by all accounts he secretly wears United Y-fronts and watches DVDs of Mark Robins' greatest goals, then it's better than someone who's not really arsed being talked into it.

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:20 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
No more proven than Ole though so.
Jesus. The Norwegian league 8 years before. People were actually arguing that.

Some of the same cranks now criticising Poch for losing a CL final with Tottenham Hotspur.
Closed Thread