United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Reply
 
Unread 09-11-2023, 09:32 AM
Stickman
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
In general, 100%.

Last night though, we were desperately unlucky and were anything but shit until the referee changed things.
We still could have quite easily got to half time 2-0 up and just managed it from there. Seems beyond us though.
 
Unread 09-11-2023, 09:34 AM
Jethro
 
Default

Erik needs to grow a pair and start calling this bullshit out.

I'd even take a fahcts type presser at this stage. I can accept we're shit but it's becoming a joke now.
 
Unread 09-11-2023, 09:38 AM
The Bard of TKO
 
Default

Ten Haag's recruitment has been appalling and he needs to go, but to a large extent he is a victim of the Glazers. From being the natural home of the Rooneys and Ferdinands of this world, we are now reduced to searching for bargains in the rejects bin. We should have been after Bellingham and Rice, but instead we had to be content with Casimiro and Mount.

The situation will only get worse until this disease is eradicated from the heart of the club. STOP SPENDING MONEY NOW! Peacefully picket the stadium on match days until they sell up. Buy yourself something nice with the money you save.The Glazers will be knocking on the Sheikh's door by Christmas desperate to snatch his £5bn. The Glazers are taking you for mugs. Are you ever going to wise up?
 
Unread 09-11-2023, 12:55 PM
larry
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard of TKO
Ten Haag needs to go
erm no
 
Unread 09-11-2023, 03:24 PM
croady26
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard of TKO
Ten Haag's recruitment has been appalling and he needs to go, but to a large extent he is a victim of the Glazers. From being the natural home of the Rooneys and Ferdinands of this world, we are now reduced to searching for bargains in the rejects bin. We should have been after Bellingham and Rice, but instead we had to be content with Casimiro and Mount.

The situation will only get worse until this disease is eradicated from the heart of the club. STOP SPENDING MONEY NOW! Peacefully picket the stadium on match days until they sell up. Buy yourself something nice with the money you save.The Glazers will be knocking on the Sheikh's door by Christmas desperate to snatch his £5bn. The Glazers are taking you for mugs. Are you ever going to wise up?
Agree with everything you said apart from the Erik has to go part
 
Unread 09-11-2023, 07:33 PM
Zorg
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard of TKO
Ten Haag's recruitment has been appalling and he needs to go, but to a large extent he is a victim of the Glazers. From being the natural home of the Rooneys and Ferdinands of this world, we are now reduced to searching for bargains in the rejects bin. We should have been after Bellingham and Rice, but instead we had to be content with Casimiro and Mount.

The situation will only get worse until this disease is eradicated from the heart of the club. STOP SPENDING MONEY NOW! Peacefully picket the stadium on match days until they sell up. Buy yourself something nice with the money you save.The Glazers will be knocking on the Sheikh's door by Christmas desperate to snatch his £5bn. The Glazers are taking you for mugs. Are you ever going to wise up?
Hag. Itís Hag.

Itís Erik ten HAG
 
Unread 09-11-2023, 10:56 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Nailed on for these #@&%!s to pull a couple of worldie performances out of the bag to qualify us for Europa
Win both games and we probably still go through to the knockouts
 
Unread 10-11-2023, 10:17 AM
Lok
 
Default

Looking back on it, I really liked what we were trying to do and how it was playing out until the sending off.

EtH has been playing a transitional system for some time with mixed results, in this game there seemed to be more of a focus on possession. We started passing it around confidently at the back. There was some great 1 - 2 touch football amongst the midfield forwards. We actually looked like a top quality football team. The possession approach paired with a high/aggressive press when not in possession meant that we were able to crush them with ease. They could barely get out of their penalty area with the ball. For the first time this season I could actually see some positives.

I know it was only against Copenhagen but we've been poor against poor teams. Are willingness to concede possession and just win it back with the press has seen us come undone so many times.

It's just a shame it all went to shit so quickly. There are obviously a number of issues within the squad mentally and they have the capacity to fold far too easily. 'Individual mistakes' have been a problem for some time and there's no end in sight. Dalot doesn't have a high enough football IQ to do what he is being asked to do. He completely switches off time and time again and fails to track his man. Hopefully when Shaw is ressurrected from his grave we will look a bit better defensively.
 
Unread 10-11-2023, 10:27 AM
wiganste
 
Default

Best we've played since we won the League Cup.

VAR up to it's usual bullshit again ruining the match.

BUT - we should still be beating Copenhagen with 10 men and being 2 goals up. Weak players on that pitch. Varane is boderline useless now and of course, Dalot caught sleeping again. I can't believe he earns a living as a professional footballer.

Hojlund is ace though. 5 champions league goals and we haven't managed to yield a single point from them. Madness
 
Unread 10-11-2023, 10:50 AM
AK14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Looking back on it, I really liked what we were trying to do and how it was playing out until the sending off.

EtH has been playing a transitional system for some time with mixed results, in this game there seemed to be more of a focus on possession. We started passing it around confidently at the back. There was some great 1 - 2 touch football amongst the midfield forwards. We actually looked like a top quality football team. The possession approach paired with a high/aggressive press when not in possession meant that we were able to crush them with ease. They could barely get out of their penalty area with the ball. For the first time this season I could actually see some positives.

I know it was only against Copenhagen but we've been poor against poor teams. Are willingness to concede possession and just win it back with the press has seen us come undone so many times.

It's just a shame it all went to shit so quickly. There are obviously a number of issues within the squad mentally and they have the capacity to fold far too easily. 'Individual mistakes' have been a problem for some time and there's no end in sight. Dalot doesn't have a high enough football IQ to do what he is being asked to do. He completely switches off time and time again and fails to track his man. Hopefully when Shaw is ressurrected from his grave we will look a bit better defensively.
A fair assessment.

Hopefully we kick on and put the defeat behind us. As you say there were plenty of positives, even in the second half when we settled down and controlled the gameÖ until the inevitable brain farts crept in.

The maturity shown by Hojlund and Garnacho was great to see.
 
Unread 10-11-2023, 01:09 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Looking back on it, I really liked what we were trying to do and how it was playing out until the sending off.

EtH has been playing a transitional system for some time with mixed results, in this game there seemed to be more of a focus on possession. We started passing it around confidently at the back. There was some great 1 - 2 touch football amongst the midfield forwards. We actually looked like a top quality football team. The possession approach paired with a high/aggressive press when not in possession meant that we were able to crush them with ease. They could barely get out of their penalty area with the ball. For the first time this season I could actually see some positives.

I know it was only against Copenhagen but we've been poor against poor teams. Are willingness to concede possession and just win it back with the press has seen us come undone so many times.

It's just a shame it all went to shit so quickly. There are obviously a number of issues within the squad mentally and they have the capacity to fold far too easily. 'Individual mistakes' have been a problem for some time and there's no end in sight. Dalot doesn't have a high enough football IQ to do what he is being asked to do. He completely switches off time and time again and fails to track his man. Hopefully when Shaw is ressurrected from his grave we will look a bit better defensively.
Definitely a snapshot of what he wants to do. Players taking their time and picking their moments. What strikes me about this is everyone does the right thing at the right moment. When that happens, itís easy, but My God do we so seldom do that.

 
Unread 10-11-2023, 01:19 PM
dragflick
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Best we've played since we won the League Cup.

VAR up to it's usual bullshit again ruining the match.

BUT - we should still be beating Copenhagen with 10 men and being 2 goals up. Weak players on that pitch. Varane is boderline useless now and of course, Dalot caught sleeping again. I can't believe he earns a living as a professional footballer.

Hojlund is ace though. 5 champions league goals and we haven't managed to yield a single point from them. Madness
Agreed to all. Dalot needs £#%&!ing off, he's an even worse left back than right back ffs. Decent end aswell tbf, other than the beer chucking.
 
Unread 10-11-2023, 01:59 PM
wiganste
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Agreed to all. Dalot needs £#%&!ing off, he's an even worse left back than right back ffs. Decent end aswell tbf, other than the beer chucking.
That's why we'll never be allowed to booze in our seats over here. Simply because people can't behave themselves.
Glad I stood at the back

Also, glad you managed to get in
 
Unread 10-11-2023, 02:19 PM
dragflick
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
That's why we'll never be allowed to booze in our seats over here. Simply because people can't behave themselves.
Glad I stood at the back

Also, glad you managed to get in
Ha, yeah... a very helpful young Danish lady at the ticket office thankfully didn't ask too many questions and handed over a new ticket
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Copenhagen v Manchester United - CL 08/11/23 8pm KO - Official Match Thread
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester United v Copenhagen - CL- 8pm 24/10/23 - Official Match Thread believe Manchester United Match Thread Archive 364 26-10-2023 12:29 PM
Manchester United vs Copenhagen - Official Match Thread Europa League quarter-final. 8pm 10.8.20 armchair Manchester United Match Thread Archive 329 12-08-2020 06:14 PM
*Official Match Thread* - Manchester United v PSG Sparky*** Manchester United Match Thread Archive 228 31-07-2015 04:17 PM
*Official* Fulham v United Match Thread. Teams & post match rucks Sparky*** Manchester United Match Thread Archive 418 03-02-2013 09:32 PM
*Official* United v Fulham Match Thread- Teams, bants and post match in-fighting Sparky*** Manchester United Match Thread Archive 565 28-03-2012 05:38 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.