United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Lok

So Woowar & the Glazers are now with the team in Beijing?

Either they're confident the deal is done or there's nothing happening.

Unread 24-07-2016, 03:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
So Woowar & the Glazers are now with the team in Beijing?

Either they're confident the deal is done or there's nothing happening.
B

Unread 24-07-2016, 03:14 PM
magic_cantona

Signed yet?

United transfer sagas > Viking Sagas

Unread 24-07-2016, 03:22 PM
RedMenace

Still haggling with Juventus over the final fee according to the Guardian, everything is agreed with Pogba. Paddy Crerand reckons all the journalists out in Beijing were saying it's done and dusted. Juve probably don't want to look like they just rolled over. Not that I'd pay too much attention to Paddy.

Unread 24-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so you're argument is that united throwing hundreds of millions of windfall money at the transfer market to try and buy the title isn't the same as city trying to buy the title because their windfall money is on top of the oil money.

seems a minor point to me but fair enough, but for me the argument about united generating our own cash is dead.
Not a stretch to say the 'windfall' money (tv) and the global popularity of the Premier League in general has a lot to do with United's global profile, which was established by success on the pitch and the profile of some of United's players.

(It can't have much to do with the football)

Unread 24-07-2016, 04:10 PM
naes_sean

Unread 24-07-2016, 04:13 PM
Buck

Don't see how getting a world record fee is being rolled over.

I can only think that they want Pogba to inform that he wants to leave. Up until this point it doesn't seem he is that desperate for want for a better word. I doubt he'll be miffed about staying at Juve as say Bale would have if Spurs refused to sell or even if we prevented Ronaldo going to Real. The common factor is all these players dream club is Real Madrid

Unread 24-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Not a stretch to say the 'windfall' money (tv) and the global popularity of the Premier League in general has a lot to do with United's global profile, which was established by success on the pitch and the profile of some of United's players.

(It can't have much to do with the football)
no doubt true at the outset of the sky league, no doubt at all.

but it's far from just united bringing in the huge sponsorships now.

we still get the biggest deals reflecting united's importance, but in the transfer market we've started acting like city and chelsea. it impresses some, others think it's as it should be, but i think it's shit and just emphasises what a legend ferguson is.

Unread 24-07-2016, 04:32 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 24-07-2016, 04:54 PM
RedMenace

Does this man look worried? He's got it all taken care of

Unread 24-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Does this man look worried? He's got it all taken care of

£#%&!ing state of that gargoyle in the background.

Unread 24-07-2016, 05:07 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Looks like one of the Bee Gees #stayinalive

Unread 24-07-2016, 05:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Thought it was don dave

Unread 24-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Thought it was don dave
No it's one of the Florida Royal Family apparently.

Unread 24-07-2016, 05:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
no doubt true at the outset of the sky league, no doubt at all.

but it's far from just united bringing in the huge sponsorships now.

we still get the biggest deals reflecting united's importance, but in the transfer market we've started acting like city and chelsea. it impresses some, others think it's as it should be, but i think it's shit and just emphasises what a legend ferguson is.
Do we have a choice? It's fine taking the high road, until you realise that they have bought all the best players and now catching up has become nigh on impossible. The pattern of Fergie's management was to initially get rid of the dead wood and revamp the youth system, then slowly start to build the best team/squad by buying the best available players. Our first title team under Fergie was almost entirely bought. Only with that platform in place could he begin to reap the benefits of the academy.

The co92 were excellent, but they benefited greatly by coming into an established team of veterans.

Unread 24-07-2016, 05:30 PM
believe

Quote:
No it's one of the Florida Royal Family apparently.
Time to go and sit in the garden.

Unread 24-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Macca1990

Quote:

Taking a morale stance on football transfers ffs

Unread 24-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Grimson

Quote:
He looks like a roadie from a reunion tour of the Marshall Tucker Band.

Unread 24-07-2016, 08:04 PM
BobJones

Unread 24-07-2016, 08:15 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Not really - have disagreed with bunks over many things - I was one of the original anti-cardies if you remember.

So no, I'll have a go at someone if they talk shit as in grandane's post or in your case, when they're a shit stirring make every thread about them attention seeking #@&%!.

Basically, just trying to keep it real.
Woah!

How is me standing up for a guy taking shit off some techno @#%&! making it 'all about me'?

You, sir, I'm making it about YOU. Blackpud bully.
Closed Thread