United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-12-2021, 09:05 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Disagree

Rashford gave 55% effort today compared to 35% on Thursday
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Wasn’t the same formation so I doubt it
The most notable difference was pushing Rashford closer to Ronaldo and Sancho being a bit freeer. Centre halves both pushed up which they did against Arsenal. Full backs both pushed forward.

Unread 05-12-2021, 09:10 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Spanish very similar too and you’d have to expect Lindelof to speak at least one of the Latin languages. Makes much more sense why Maguire looks confused a lot
I can speak a little of both Spanish and Portuguese and i'd say there isn't really that much commonality. The Portuguese run words together, drop vowels and generally sound to the ear like an angry Russian. They can often understand Spanish but the other way can be less easy.

Unread 05-12-2021, 09:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Disagree

Rashford gave 55% effort today compared to 35% on Thursday
I guess Stats don’t lie.

Unread 05-12-2021, 09:27 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I can speak a little of both Spanish and Portuguese and i'd say there isn't really that much commonality. The Portuguese run words together, drop vowels and generally sound to the ear like an angry Russian. They can often understand Spanish but the other way can be less easy.

Glad it wasn't just me who noticed that.

Unread 05-12-2021, 09:27 PM
Sparky***

Was quite pleased over all. Nice to see a side like palace reduced to set pieces and half chances as opposed to carving us open and creating half a dozen proper goalscoring chances, like most sides have been doing at old trafford.

effort was good, first half was totally dominant, just need to sort out some of the link up play in the final 3rd but overall, a good start.

Unread 05-12-2021, 09:39 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I guess Stats don’t lie.
Ok will reword it

Rashford gave a half arsed effort today rather than a Not really arsed effort on Thursday

Unread 05-12-2021, 09:44 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Ok will reword it

Rashford gave a half arsed effort today rather than a Not really arsed effort on Thursday
Some of them are definitely concerned that they'll have to work for a living.

Unread 05-12-2021, 09:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Was quite pleased over all. Nice to see a side like palace reduced to set pieces and half chances as opposed to carving us open and creating half a dozen proper goalscoring chances, like most sides have been doing at old trafford.

effort was good, first half was totally dominant, just need to sort out some of the link up play in the final 3rd but overall, a good start.
Shows the value of being on the front foot. Being proactive. Especially at home. Even when the intensity dropped in spells, it wasn’t for a lack of trying. One of the most criminal aspects of this team is how we let periods of the game just drift by, which is usually when the opposition starts to build in confidence and start going at us.

I thought Palace came out well second and half looked better when they adapted their formation to match ours, but we pushed again to get to the win and we deserved it. Aggressive, positive, proactive. That takes the pressure off the defence so much.

Unread 05-12-2021, 09:46 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Some of them are definitely concerned that they'll have to work for a living.
That’s wythenshawe for you

Unread 05-12-2021, 09:49 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Ok will reword it

That’s very harsh…the lad just lacks confidence at the moment. Today was a clear step in the right direction and I expect him to get better and better over the next few weeks

Unread 05-12-2021, 10:02 PM
jem

they should let rashford take free-kicks.

Unread 05-12-2021, 10:07 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
they should let rashford take free-kicks.
In the reserves.

Unread 05-12-2021, 10:44 PM
marlo

we finally have a manager talking about our tactics, formations and what we could have done better application wise in his post match interview.

I’m £#%&!ing delighted

Unread 05-12-2021, 10:48 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

Unread 05-12-2021, 10:56 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Did you read oles tactics Board?

It’s common knowledge what he was all about.

Unread 05-12-2021, 10:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Did you read oles tactics Board?

It’s common knowledge what he was all about.
Absolute shambles...

Crazy story here from his time at Cardiff:

Quote:
At times, Cardiff’s woeful form seemed almost oblivious to Solskjaer.

Following a 2-1 home defeat to Chelsea, he entered the post-match interview area and to the amazement of the media, started doing keep-ups with a balloon. “It’s good for your control,” he said.
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...skjaer-Cardiff

Unread 05-12-2021, 11:29 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Absolute shambles...

Crazy story here from his time at Cardiff:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...skjaer-Cardiff

Give it a rest. This a match day thread. And you moan about others harping on about the past?

Unread 06-12-2021, 12:03 PM
Sparky***

astounding how high up the pitch we played.

Unread 06-12-2021, 12:09 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
astounding how high up the pitch we played.

What are we going to do against a ball over the top for a pacy forward to run onto?

Unread 06-12-2021, 12:16 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
What are we going to do against a ball over the top for a pacy forward to run onto?
That’s what the verm have Van Djick for

….. but don’t worry Dave loves to come off his line