United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2015, 11:13 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
LvG not a presence? we don't need some c*** gesticulating in the technical area ffs.

Love when bellers talks football..

Presence on the line

Unread 18-12-2015, 11:17 AM
believe

Right on cue

Unread 18-12-2015, 11:31 AM
bobbledinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
At least he actually won the title in question....

There are obviously some toxic elements behind closed doors at Chelsea. Abarmovich is a weirdo and this Michael Emanalo chracter, who has no football pedigree whatsoever, is in a position of power somehow. I don't lay all the blame for this on Mourinho.
Moyes had the whole 'transition' excuse. Mourinho basically completely lost everything over the summer somehow. No doubt other elements at the club factored into it but every club has those elements these days.

Doubt the truth will leak out now that he's been sacked, he won't give a candid version of events as it will involve admitting to his failings. Chelsea players and board won't want to elaborate or blame him.

Unread 18-12-2015, 11:36 AM
dunk

Chelsea fell apart after winning the league
Madrid, won the CL after a season of winning nowt under Jose and then turned to shit..
Inter fell apart after winning the treble
Chelsea performed terribly after Jose's last title win before getting sacked first time..
How did Porto do after he left...? Probably disguised by the break up of his side.

Maybe he can only build sides that can maintain for 1-2 seasons max..

Unread 18-12-2015, 11:39 AM
believe

Whereas LVG thinks so highly of himself, that he's going to spend three years creating a philosophy that even his successor doesn't buy in to. Can't wait for the rebuild in 2018.

Unread 18-12-2015, 11:40 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Yep, no one has ever had success building on the foundations left by LvG. Ever.

Unread 18-12-2015, 01:10 PM
puressence

if jose took over tomorrow we would win the league

Unread 18-12-2015, 01:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
But his Chelsea side packed with vastly superior players is currently 4th from bottom. Yeah. Ok.

Unread 18-12-2015, 08:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex

Love when bellers talks football..

Presence on the line
I mean, if we just want somebody who gesticulates on the touchline and shows "paashaaan" - why not get Tim £#%&!ing Sherwood in??

Unread 19-12-2015, 03:47 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Right on cue

Got one of busby, docherty and Atkinson?

Unread 19-12-2015, 04:49 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Van Gaal has been nothing of a presence IMO, a few "I'm not telling" in broken English might be good enough for the cardie crew but he doesn't inspire me one bit.
But that's not his job.

There are only a handful of charismatic managers around. Pellegrini is not charismatic, but he won a league title. Ancelotti doesn't inspire much in anyone. It doesn't really matter what the fans think of a manager.

Quote:
Chelsea fell apart after winning the league
Madrid, won the CL after a season of winning nowt under Jose and then turned to shit..
Inter fell apart after winning the treble
Chelsea performed terribly after Jose's last title win before getting sacked first time..
How did Porto do after he left...? Probably disguised by the break up of his side.

Maybe he can only build sides that can maintain for 1-2 seasons max..
I'm not sure it's as straightforward as that sounds. Porto and Chelsea (1st time) carried on just fine without him & Materrazi is STILL going on about Benitez's methods when driving Inter into the dirt...

I also think your last point is true of most in the post-SAF era. Look at Bayern crushing Barca 7-0 in the Champions League - the dawn of a new football dynasty! - then getting crushed 5-0 by Madrid the next season...City have yo-yo'ed between titles and sleepy indifference...it's hard to stay at the very top and win things, season after season.

He's made mistakes, but also had untenable situations forced on him. Abramovich forced Shevchenko on him and basically fired him because of the resulting friction (surely not because he'd lost 1 in 6 in the league at that stage). He preferred Diego Lopez to past-it club legend Iker Casillas at Madrid, and lost the dressing room and the President's support because of it. Just so happens he was right (sadly; we'd have won that tie if Casillas had played ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Moyes had the whole 'transition' excuse.
The transition went poorly because of him, so I don't see it as much of an excuse.

Unread 19-12-2015, 05:48 AM
puressence

Quote:
But his Chelsea side packed with vastly superior players is currently 4th from bottom. Yeah. Ok.
his players have downed tools for a very odd reason ours would react ...

Unread 19-12-2015, 08:05 AM
MUFC One Love

I don't think bellers is saying we need someone screaming and shouting on the sideline, he probably means our bench when they're all sat there in silence watching our team fall to pieces. Then when we do have the ball we have two defensive midfielders passing side ways to each other or backwards and the bench just sit there and allow the game to start to amble towards the last 25 minutes. Oh then we sometimes send Fellaini om an launch it to him, like Allardyce would. Exciting times. I don't think people realise he's only a few games from the sack if this carries on. No way will even the idiot Woodward have it.

Unread 19-12-2015, 08:40 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I don't think bellers is saying we need someone screaming and shouting on the sideline, he probably means our bench when they're all sat there in silence watching our team fall to pieces. Then when we do have the ball we have two defensive midfielders passing side ways to each other or backwards and the bench just sit there and allow the game to start to amble towards the last 25 minutes. Oh then we sometimes send Fellaini om an launch it to him, like Allardyce would. Exciting times. I don't think people realise he's only a few games from the sack if this carries on. No way will even the idiot Woodward have it.
They know exactly what I mean, I'm just a very important part of their days.

Unread 19-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
But what does THIS mean?

So we don't need someone screaming on the touchline, but we don't want them sitting there doing nothing, either.

When we're playing shit/losing and they show the bench doing nothing (because that is in fact what the bench does during a game - nothing), that's frustrating for us fans, because we want to see some sign of recognition that things are going wrong and something is being done about it. That's understandable, but it's not important at all - the players aren't paying attention to the bench. Anyway, it's strange to think he doesn't know when things need to be changed. We just disagree with his solutions and/or he doesn't have the players available to make a difference.

The suggestion that he either doesn't know or doesn't care is weird. He looks £#%&!ing furious to me most of the time.

Unread 19-12-2015, 04:03 PM
King Eric

I recall Mourhino being unveiled as Chelsea's manager again in 2013 and thought, Awwwww shit Nooooo. Fast forward to 2015, he wins the League cup and the premiership and ........ Chelsea sack him, Awwwwww shit Yeahhhhh.

Chelsea deserve what they get from now on.

Unread 19-12-2015, 04:35 PM
ewaawoowaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Would be funny if Jose did take over tomorrow and we @#%&!ted Chelsea 4-0 on the 28th.

Long term though, I don't think anyone really wants him as Utd manager.

Unread 19-12-2015, 05:26 PM
Pop

Where Mourinho goes his assistant Rui Faria also goes. Been with him at Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Madrid. Can't see Jose parting company with him to babysit Giggs.

Unread 19-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Where Mourinho goes his assistant Rui Faria also goes. Been with him at Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Madrid. Can't see Jose parting company with him to babysit Giggs.
Had Karanka with him at Madrid
Closed Thread