Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/beewirks/status/...895382016?s=21

Even the £#%&!ing yanks know

Yeah I know he’s a glazer stooge, but they’re not going anywhere for a while. We’ve spent so much money over the last six years and we’re drifting further and further away from winning a major trophy while this bloke is running things.

Put a competent person in place and we’d at least be competitive and wont be needing these rebuild every couple of years.
He’s bang on, but the owners aren’t the least bit interested in sport

Unread 05-05-2019, 06:01 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
He’s bang on, but the owners aren’t the least bit interested in sport
Having spent £600m on the team and having one of the highest wage costs in the world, you’d think they’d want a decent team for the investment. One that will automatically generate more commercial income than they do now.

Unread 05-05-2019, 06:05 PM
elhombre

going to say something controversial now.

doesn't matter who is in charge at the top, some of the lads who started today looked like sunday league players.

they are shit - i've followed united for 30 odd years, but i can't play for toffee, but even i could make better signings than the abject shit that turned out today.

and it's been like this for years.

our signings are a £#%&!ing raffle, but unlike a raffle a ticket costs us 200k+ a week.

Unread 05-05-2019, 06:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Having spent £600m on the team and having one of the highest wage costs in the world, you’d think they’d want a decent team for the investment. One that will automatically generate more commercial income than they do now.
That’s something I just don’t understand tbh?

Glazers love money, yet seem happy to have this bumpkin running the show possibly costing the clubs hundreds of millions.

Unread 05-05-2019, 06:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
That is the utterly baffling aspect.

The brand is tanking and projected future incomes will be tanking with it.

No way are they managing to better the Chevy deal as things stand, for instance..

Unread 05-05-2019, 06:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
over half of them were club signings, I would say Mourinho had a say in signing under half of those..
You simply have no idea whether there’s one iota of truth to this statement or not.

Unread 05-05-2019, 06:16 PM
Harry Flashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That is the utterly baffling aspect.

The brand is tanking and projected future incomes will be tanking with it.

No way are they managing to better the Chevy deal as things stand, for instance..
They are happy taking £X millions per year for zero effort
Until someone tells them they can take £X+ millions for zero effort we are stuck with the @#%&! we have in Woodward

Unread 05-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
You’d have thought the same with their American football franchise but apparently they’re content to prioritise the business side of it over any pursuit of glory.

Unread 05-05-2019, 06:22 PM
Chris Quayd

People are over-estimating them. These people only know greed to the point it is an addiction, they know less about football than your average woman, explaining to them the finer points of a strategy for long-term success on the field is a lost cause.

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
going to say something controversial now.

doesn't matter who is in charge at the top, some of the lads who started today looked like sunday league players.
It kind of does when those at the top are in charge of the recruitment and contract process.

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:10 PM
BouncyCheetah

This is the team/squad Woodward has funded.

Zlatan/Lukaku/ Martial

Di Maria/ Depay. Sanchez / Mikhitarian

Pogba / Mata. Schweinsteiger/ Herrera

Matic/ Fred

Shaw. Bailly/ Rojo. Lindelof. Dalot/ Darmian

Even with that ridiculous bastard in charge, we should be a hell of a lot better than we are.

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:12 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncyCheetah

Zlatan/Lukaku/ Martial

Matic/ Fred

Even with that ridiculous bastard in charge, we should be a hell of a lot better than we are.
What an egotistical, lazy, shit dressing room that is. Team building is far more than reputation and names on paper. It’s that kind of thinking by those at the top of the club which has got us where we are.

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:20 PM
BouncyCheetah

Quote:
What an egotistical, lazy, shit dressing room that is. Team building is far more than reputation and names on paper. It’s that kind of thinking by those at the top of the club which has got us where we are.
All true, but we still should be way ahead of where we are.

I don't think anyone thought that not one transfer, not even one out of twenty two would be a success.

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:26 PM
elhombre

Quote:
but let's be honest - some of those signings had us properly excited.

Unread 05-05-2019, 08:34 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
but let's be honest - some of those signings had us properly excited.
It was the schweinsteiger and Falcao ones that caught me out. I genuinely thought they were gonna be at least good for us on the pitch and have a positive effect on the training ground too. Instead Schweinsteiger looked like he was pushing 40 and Falco couldn't see the ball.

Unread 05-05-2019, 09:14 PM
20leFraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncyCheetah

Zlatan/Lukaku/ Martial

Matic/ Fred

If I'm honest, these were the ones I liked at the time of the signing, and these were the ones I hated:

Liked: Zlatan & Falcao. Was right on zlatan, wrong on Falcao. Lukaku clearly had a touch of a rapist. That summer, of the three strikers that moved to the PL, I rated Lacazette the highest among Rom and Morata.

Liked: Di Maria, Pogba, Mata, Herrera,

Disliked: Lukaku, Sanchez - never wanted him here. Messi alerted us all that he wasn't at the right level remember by saying sanchez was shite when he first joined barca.

Depay and the Armenian were easy busts.
Pig£#%&!er and Matic were clearly physically broken and damaged goods that anyone with sense could see.
Dalot is too slow to go to the very top. Darmian was pointless.
Wanted Umtiti over Bailly (they moved in the same summer).
Shaw was another domestic waste of money - it's easy to spot those most of the time.
Rojo and Lindy were sub par.

I was neutral on Martial. I thought the price was a joke at first, but there's a player in there yet. I think if he left utd, he would be excelling elsewhere.

Most of the 'buys' we've made were easy to see how shite they would be if you watched enough football.

Unread 05-05-2019, 09:18 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
It was the schweinsteiger and Falcao ones that caught me out. I genuinely thought they were gonna be at least good for us on the pitch and have a positive effect on the training ground too. Instead Schweinsteiger looked like he was pushing 40 and Falco couldn't see the ball.
I fell for it as well.

I was thinking the two of them would give us at least a couple of seasons of top class performances and bring some of the younger squad members on.

Not for a moment did I think we'd signed Stephen Hawkings and Ray Charles.

Unread 05-05-2019, 09:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20leFraud
Most of the 'buys' we've made were easy to see how shite they would be if you watched enough football.
Shaw was the only one you're a bit harsh on in there, okay his start to United couldn't have gone worse but that second season he'd started off fantastically until he got whacked, and it was such a crucial time for him career wise. We've totally £#%&!ed up his rehabilitation and he's just another waste of space now - so much space too - but he could've been more. Horrible now though. Today ffs.

Unread 05-05-2019, 09:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Shaw was the only one you're a bit harsh on in there, okay his start to United couldn't have gone worse but that second season he'd started off fantastically until he got whacked, and it was such a crucial time for him career wise. We've totally £#%&!ed up his rehabilitation and he's just another waste of space now - so much space too - but he could've been more. Horrible now though. Today ffs.
He’s not what we need. We’re just reluctant to talk about it because that makes 18 of them.

Unread 05-05-2019, 09:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He’s not what we need. We’re just reluctant to talk about it because that makes 18 of them.
Yeah it's yet another fire to be put out. Also why the goalkeeper thing is so irritating, it's the one area we did think was alright. Now it's everything. It's just overwhelming.
Closed Thread