View Poll Results: Enjoyed that?
Yes 17 31.48%
No 37 68.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:14 AM
est.1878

Default Did you enjoy yesterday?

Black or white no jokey third option

When you are 80 you will remember this game, the palace 3-3... You will remember the FA cup being a great comp for underdog courage and upsets.. Before it became irrelevant both domestically and internationally as the European superleague dripping in filthy money takes our jumpers for goalposts soul...

You won't remember the brighton pen win... Choose life, choose chaos.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:19 AM
silv

i enjoyed the madness of it all, watching the shoot out with my son and wife.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:19 AM
thatsfuctit

No.

We must be amazing / hilarious to watch as a non United fan. I was going to say neutral, but I don't think neutral is a thing when it comes to us.

I was in less of a grump because we somehow pulled it out of the fire, but enjoy isn't the word I'd use.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:21 AM
NedKelly

I did. Match thread was popping, the game itself was incredible drama, and just when it seemed out of reach, we managed to win in classic underdog style. Can see us doing the same to City, Antony to slap Pep’s shiny head when we score a late winner in the 12th minute of injury time.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:24 AM
tatty

Embarrassment.

That's what I took away from yesterday.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:24 AM
believe

I was with two of my oldest mates who turned up and surprised me for the weekend and we had a great day, so yes.

As for the football as much as I’m glad we won it, it was a painful watch and all I could think is that City are going to muller us in the final. I just hope we somehow pull something out of the bag but based on that yesterday I just can’t see it.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:26 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

We won so yes.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:31 AM
Finport Red

It was enjoyable in the way I imagine a parachute jump would be until the moment you pulled the rip-cord and your old dirty laundry came out instead of a parachute, with the only comfort being at the end when you land heavily on your bed and realise it was all just a really bad dream.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:39 AM
jaffo

I enjoyed meeting my son for a couple of pints and travelling to the match.

Was quite fun listening to the penalty shoot out on the tube after as well (left when they scored their disallowed goal).

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:40 AM
Hyman_Roth

Not really. Part of it is not being able to see past city humiliating us in the final. And I wouldn’t feel like that if we weren’t such a shambles. I thought yesterday was always going to be a struggle but when we were three up I was thinking, ‘I’ve completely misread this one’ and then boom, we collapsed.

Thought our crowd was poor (it didn’t sound good on the tv anyway) and our routine collapse absolutely typical of where this team is at. I remain desperate for Erik to make all my criticism of him look stupid but the stuff we end up doing has the opposite effect. Antony doing his ear cup was the final straw of a good day gone bad.

My lasting feeling of the match was one of embarrassment. About as far away from those matches against Palace and Oldham in 89/90 as you can get.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:49 AM
Medlock

It wasn't great. Wembley is very shit and the United end was full of doom and gloom about another abject performance. Dreading the games more and more now. Pre game (which couldn't be ruined by United) was good though

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:51 AM
guerreiro

Extra time taking it past a 3am finish on a Sunday night wasn’t enjoyable.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:07 AM
jem

I went through a range of emotions. enjoyed it at 3-0, as it made a change to see a vaguely competent performance of domination. would be great to see 90 mins against a team in our division. ultimately, it was an embarrassing shambles that we have seen on a regular basis.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:08 AM
shenwen

Yes, but not for the reasons I usually enjoy a United win.

This was was all about the madness of leading 3-0 with 20 mins to go against a Championship team and getting taken to penalties.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:14 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Yes, but not for the reasons I usually enjoy a United win.

This was was all about the madness of leading 3-0 with 20 mins to go against a Championship team and getting taken to penalties.
And being one toe away from losing. I enjoyed it until the 70th minute because it genuinely looked like we were going to cruise to the final whistle.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:14 AM
Mou Mou Land

No.

My wife is usually quite tolerant of my moods when I'm watching us [she has had 36 years to get used to it after all], but yesterday even she came into the room and said 'If it is making you that angry, switch the f****** thing off'.

My wife very, very rarely swears and I am getting the silent treatment this morning.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:27 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mou Mou Land View Post
I am getting the silent treatment this morning.
they think it's a punishment.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
they think it's a punishment.
Yep.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:41 AM
Chris Quayd

There were moments of enjoyment. I'd describe winning as tempered relief that we are avoiding the upheavel a defeat would have brought while beginning to process the near certainty that we are going to lose a second consecutive cup final to city.

At 3-1 I thought we were in trouble and at 3-3 I felt very little either way other than gutted I had to be subjected to another 30 minutes of us doing whatever it is that we do. When they scored the fourth I was actually quite relieved that we would avoid a final pasting though I did very much enjoy Rasmus in the shootout having his moment.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:46 AM
Jack Duckworth

Football

Yes. Entertaining game, we won and are through to the FA Cup Final