United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-04-2024, 05:44 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mou Mou Land View Post
No, although you like to think so, it was not you.
The Campaign™️ has been trademarked by me mate. I started the thread. You’ve got a lot to learn if you’re going to make it on here. Let me help you.

Unread 27-04-2024, 05:44 PM
Chris Quayd

By the end he was shit and spread fear and cowardice across the team, would have been nice to spend £50m on a replacement that wasn't crap

Unread 27-04-2024, 05:47 PM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
The Campaign™️ has been trademarked by me mate. I started the thread. You’ve got a lot to learn if you’re going to make it on here. Let me help you.
A kind offer, but I think not. I was brought up being wary of people who use 'mate' to those they do not know.

It has never failed me.

Bye.

Unread 27-04-2024, 05:47 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mou Mou Land View Post
A kind offer, but I think not. I was brought up being wary of people who use 'mate' to those they do not know.

It has never failed me.

Bye.
Sorry mate.

Pay your subs.

Unread 27-04-2024, 05:49 PM
tatty

By the time we let him go he was Paddy Roche levels.

Unread 27-04-2024, 05:51 PM
Mou Mou Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
The same level as we are now?

Unread 27-04-2024, 05:54 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
That's still considerably better than the clown we have now.

Unread 27-04-2024, 05:54 PM
larry

Quote:
Sorry mate.

Pay your subs.
well said mate

Unread 27-04-2024, 06:23 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
By the end he was shit and spread fear and cowardice across the team, would have been nice to spend £50m on a replacement that wasn't crap
Yep.

Onanas been better, made a some really good saves today. But then he £#%&!s it up. Clear penalty. Doesn't matter if it's a player sliding in or a keeper trying to claim a ball, if you're that late and clear out an opponent like he did it's a penalty.

Two #@&%!ups in two games. We can live with the type of mistake midweek a couple of times a season, but madness in consecutive games several times a season isn't going to work.

Unread 27-04-2024, 06:36 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Yep.

Onanas been better, made a some really good saves today. But then he £#%&!s it up. Clear penalty. Doesn't matter if it's a player sliding in or a keeper trying to claim a ball, if you're that late and clear out an opponent like he did it's a penalty.

Two #@&%!ups in two games. We can live with the type of mistake midweek a couple of times a season, but madness in consecutive games several times a season isn't going to work.
Im not sure how he’s been better tbh, I’d say he’s much worse than anything De Gea offered up. Put it this was I doubt our season would have been any worse if he was still here.

Everyone got one de geas back for the following reasons and said anyone who came in would improve us on them:

Passing around the back
Saving penalties
Being able to turn defense in to attack with precision long balls
Giving the defense more confidence

IMO he’s been absolutely shite at all of them, much worse than de Gea ever was. But has I said time and time again last year he wasn’t a problem that needed fixing.

Unread 27-04-2024, 06:40 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Im not sure how he’s been better tbh, I’d say he’s much worse than anything De Gea offered up. Put it this was I doubt our season would have been any worse if he was still here.

Everyone got one de geas back for the following reasons and said anyone who came in would improve us on them:

Passing around the back
Saving penalties

IMO he’s been absolutely shite at all of them, much worse than de Gea ever was. But has I said time and time again last year he wasn’t a problem that needed fixing.
Tbf didn’t he win us a penalty shootout with one or two great saves? Pretty sure he saved a last min penalty too but can’t remember against who.

Distribution wise he’s baffled me though. Genuinely thought he’d be better there.

Unread 27-04-2024, 06:41 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post

Passing around the back
Saving penalties

that is unfair. he's clearly more comfortable with the ball at his feet than de gea was. our "playing out from the back" was constantly putting us under pressure last season, hasn't really been the same this time.

that being said I'm not particularly a fan of how he is using the ball. dont know if he's been instructed to do it but he seems to hold on to it for ages, which as you say is not conducive to launching quick counters.

he definitely hasn't had the transformational impact we hoped he would, but hes done Ok and seems to be getting better.

Unread 27-04-2024, 06:42 PM
believe

Quote:
Tbf didn’t he win us a penalty shootout with one or two great saves? Pretty sure he saved a last min penalty too but can’t remember against who.

Distribution wise he’s baffled me though. Genuinely thought he’d be better there.
My point being saving penalties shouldn’t have been a stick to beat de Gea with, I’m pretty certain every keeper in history has let in more than they’ve saved.

Unread 27-04-2024, 06:43 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Copenhagen I think was the penalty save. I don’t think he’s up to much but it’s fair to say we are not playing to whatever his perceived strengths are

Unread 27-04-2024, 06:45 PM
Medlock

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan View Post
You know....if it means bringing back De Gea....

it might be worth eating the payout, by letting Ten Hag go now.

You have to wonder about the judgement of a manager whose big transfer spend was to replace the goalkeeper who just won the golden glove.
Dont remember the FA cup final then you weird #@&%!?

Unread 27-04-2024, 07:09 PM
red in cumbria

This attempted revisionism about him is beyond ridiculous.

De Gea was finished at United, completely finished.

End of debate.

Unread 27-04-2024, 07:11 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post

End of debate.
Yeah, literally everyone said this.

Unread 27-04-2024, 07:18 PM
red in cumbria

Um, yes they did??

Or at least almost everybody, dissenters were a small minority.

The inadequacies of his chosen successor really aren't that relevant to the above.

Unread 27-04-2024, 07:32 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post

End of debate.
And the lack of a queue of top clubs beating a path to sign him up this season shows he isn't a top keeper any more.

For a few seasons he was one of the best in the league though.

Unread 27-04-2024, 08:42 PM
Dacter

An inspiring sight, watching our goalkeeper come storming off his line to claim defeat* from the jaws of victory.

Complete cretin. All season that Wolves decision on the first day has been waiting just around the corner to slap us in the face. Then today we invited it to do so.

*or rather, a draw in this instance.