Closed Thread

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:39 PM
AK14

Could maybe do with a loan at Ipswich?

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:41 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Someone said he hasn't improved since December 2018. He has.
Yes, but any striker is going to score more post-20, aren’t they? It doesn’t mean the development is on track*

*I’m not saying he isn’t, but those stats don’t point to much.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:45 PM
AK14

Getting pretty sick of him tbh

Acting like he’s the second coming of Maradona and playing like a complete and utter crayon for months and months.

Also listening to his interview on BT now there’s no £#%&!ing way he writes those tweets

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:45 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yes, but any striker is going to score more post-20, aren’t they? It doesn’t mean the development is on track*

They point to him improving since December 2018. Which was the only point I was making.

Should've quoted the post it was in response to, tbf.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:46 PM
tatty

Farm out the politics to a PR team and focus on the football.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Talked a big game there.

Shame he and his team were shit.

We talked a big game before too. Don’t really want to hear it anymore. Go and show it because the words don’t align with the performances. All these defeats seem to be followed by how we need to learn.... are we learning? Could we get a move on and SHOW we learned?

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:47 PM
Coracao

Quote:
They point to him improving since December 2018. Which was the only point I was making.

Should've quoted the post it was in response to, tbf.
They point to him scoring more goals.

Progression as a footballer, is perhaps another debate. He has definitely gone backwards in terms of performances over the past 12 months, at least.

How many times has he performed well in a game this season.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:47 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Farm out the politics to a PR team and focus on the football.
Suspect it is farmed out ....

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Not interested in making this a mourinho thing.

Rashford is stagnating and nobody can deny that.
Literally everybody can deny that.

The meaningless shite you tag on at the end of your deliberately negative hot take makes them no more true.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:49 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
They point to him scoring more goals.

Progression as a footballer, is perhaps another debate. He has definitely gone backwards in terms of performances over the past 12 months, at least.

How many times has he performed well in a game this season.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:53 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I feel one in ten may be slightly generous for his efforts this season.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:10 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Needs the Euros off. If he is that 'injured'.

Needs a reality check and get back to basics.
He'd be twice the player if he didn't have to be flogged as much.

That £#%&!ing miss though. Offside or not

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:30 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Francis Jeffers says to hold his beer.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:43 AM
utd99

He was so terrible I can’t even be angry with him. I’m far angrier with the person who keeps picking him, and sticking with him, no matter your eyes tell you. It’s utterly bewildering. If only literally everyone wasn’t predicting what would happen ahead of the match eh?

Unread 27-05-2021, 01:36 AM
Sparky***

I genuinely don't know what to say. I don't think i've seen a united player put in such regularly awful performances and still get picked and not even get subbed.

His form since jan/feb has been largely appalling and he's got progressively worse as we've reached the end of the season.

It's £#%&!ing astonishing how bad he's been.

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:18 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I genuinely don't know what to say. I don't think i've seen a united player put in such regularly awful performances and still get picked and not even get subbed.

His form since jan/feb has been largely appalling and he's got progressively worse as we've reached the end of the season.

It's £#%&!ing astonishing how bad he's been.
Which is why it’s on Ole; Rashford’s not picking himself. What must the bench be thinking? You could have put Matic on the left and he’d have done a better job.

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:23 AM
goldfinger II

I'm a big fan of his and of Ole's. I can accept the decision to keep playing him in the second half of the season, despite the fact he was injured, rather than leaving him out and treating the injury until it was cured, but it baffles me that he wasn't brought off tonight.

Dan James, limited though he is, would have been more use. Or we could have brought Amad on and moved Bruno left, even. I can't believe the manager sat and watched them take the initiative in extra time and not tried to address the situation. For me, that is where we lost the game. It was cowardly and they could sense that.

Both he and Bruno have looked knackered since before Christmas, and we've continued to play them week in week out. That cannot happen if we have any ambitions to win trophies in a 60-game season. We have to rotate our best players to some extent so they are not £#%&!ed come the business end of the season. This, as much as anything else, is the reason we must strengthen in the forward area of the team.

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:26 AM
JamesPolk

That was worse display than I have ever seen from Martial. Felt like we were playing man down the entry match with him and even two mans down when Greenwood was taken off.

Unread 27-05-2021, 02:31 AM
utd99

I wish I could say it’s the first time Ole’s displayed his cowardice. Fergie would have been bolder. He didn’t buy players and never give them a crack.

I’m getting tired of this whole ‘weak squad’ shit. A large part of why they’re described as weak is that Ole won’t give them a chance to prove otherwise. Strip away the hyperbole and rarely challenged truisms from many of that starting 11 and the truth is most of our best technicians, our best actual footballers started on the bench.

Unread 27-05-2021, 05:55 AM
waynes ear's

sell the @#%&!. Absolutely shite.
Closed Thread