United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2021, 12:04 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
"5 years ago today, Marcus Rashford made his Premier League debut against Arsenal. He scored a brace, and United won 3-2, despite having 14 first team injuries."

That team...and bench...yikes

Unread 28-02-2021, 12:07 PM
AK14

Iirc Fosu came on and looked brilliant too?

Also the game where LvG took a dive

Unread 28-02-2021, 01:43 PM
History

Quote:
"5 years ago today, Marcus Rashford made his Premier League debut against Arsenal. He scored a brace, and United won 3-2, despite having 14 first team injuries."

Wait..a team winning a home game with all their centre backs injured? A big game at that. I thought this wasn't possible?

Unread 28-02-2021, 01:53 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Wait..a team winning a home game with all their centre backs injured? A big game at that. I thought this wasn't possible?
LVG was a wonderful manager.

Unread 28-02-2021, 01:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
When he got it right it was ace.

Unread 28-02-2021, 01:57 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:

that back four

loved this from his post-match interview for that game.

"europoh"

Unread 28-02-2021, 02:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
that back four

loved this from his post-match interview for that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa-sQTyR_9s

"europoh"
That team

Haven’t improved from to Ole though according to Saffers. No siree.

Unread 28-02-2021, 02:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Unread 28-02-2021, 02:29 PM
92ToBury

What a load of %@#$&!s. We all know that Virgil Van Dijk suffered the first injury in Premier League history.

Unread 28-02-2021, 02:44 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
What a load of balls. We all know that Virgil Van Dijk suffered the first injury in Premier League history.
How dare you become so blasè against the best team in the league ever. Scratch that the best team in any sport in history ever!

I know I keep bringing it up but they were actually compared vs the treble team :loco

Absolutely ludicrous the more you think about it

Unread 28-02-2021, 02:47 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
How dare you become so blasè against the best team in the league ever. Scratch that the best team in any sport in history ever!

I know I keep bringing it up but they were actually compared vs the treble team :loco

Absolutely ludicrous the more you think about it
If you look at it purely on Premier League, the berts team that got over 100 points was better.

Unread 28-02-2021, 02:50 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
If you look at it purely on Premier League, the berts team that got over 100 points was better.
They are a weird bunch. Started to take pics with the champions league and premier league trophy, despite winning the champions league the year before and had already been kicked out of the tournament around the time they took the pics

Unread 28-02-2021, 02:56 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
They are a weird bunch. Started to take pics with the champions league and premier league trophy, despite winning the champions league the year before and had already been kicked out of the tournament around the time they took the pics
Nothing wrong with that, nothing they ever do is wrong.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
When he got it right it was ace.
Problem was, he did that for maybe a dozen games in his tenure.

Unread 28-02-2021, 07:57 PM
AK14

Poor today...

Martial levels of poor

Unread 28-02-2021, 08:01 PM
Sparky***

He hasn't looked right in weeks.

Unread 28-02-2021, 08:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Looks like he needs a summer off.

Our front players are just not playing well at the moment. We’re struggling through games and it’s amazing we’re where we are considering the lack of goals in our forwards the absence of Cavani.

We need him and Pogba back sharpish.

James has done well recently mainly for looking fresh. I’d be using Matic, Donny, Diallo, Bailly and Telles more for the same reason too.

Unread 28-02-2021, 08:22 PM
Hyman_Roth

Wasn’t great. Still feel his approach play is amongst the best in the league though - it’s just a bit hit or miss after that.

Needs to find his mojo again - had hoped the europa performance might have helped him. I’m not sure what the answer is - a rest/keep playing him? No idea.

Unread 28-02-2021, 08:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Looks like he needs a summer off
Shame he will be on England duty then

Unread 28-02-2021, 08:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Wasn’t great. Still feel his approach play is amongst the best in the league though - it’s just a bit hit or miss after that.

Needs to find his mojo again - had hoped the europa performance might have helped him. I’m not sure what the answer is - a rest/keep playing him? No idea.
He has to play. He’s too important and the alternatives top up and down themselves.

There has rarely been a point where both Martial and Rashford have both been in top form. It’s usually either one or the other. Right now, it’s neither. With Mason not scoring (which is clearly starting to frustrate him) it only takes Bruno having an off day for us to look pretty blunt.

We need Cavani back sharpish.
Closed Thread