Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-08-2019, 02:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
?

Sums him up at the moment.

Very poor yesterday and things like that don’t help his case. Needs to go back to basics a bit imo.
It's convenient how often a 10-second clip sums players up at the moment. I reckon Neville's job on SKY is safe.

Unread 25-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Sparky***

At least Neo can form a coherent argument.

Fair enough.

As I have said. We'll see. Time will tell. The spotlight is on him more than ever now.

No more Mourinho to take the blame.

Unread 25-08-2019, 02:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Fair enough.

As I have said. We'll see. Time will tell. The spotlight is on him more than ever now.

Give him a goals target for this season, pal. We ventured into this area a few weeks ago and the Rashy haters kinda bottled it a bit.

League goals only.

Unread 25-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Give him a goals target for this season, pal. We ventured into this area a few weeks ago and the Rashy haters kinda bottled it a bit.

League goals only.
15 at least he should be scoring.

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:01 PM
dunk

Time for Sparky to grow up £#%&! off tbh.

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Time for Sparky to grow up £#%&! off tbh.
I know you are but what am I

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
I know you are but what am I
Bringing the discussion to your level worked a treat

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:02 PM
Neo

Quote:

Fair enough.

The penalty miss was frustrating, as were some of his shots, both from open play and direct free-kicks.

However, what I like is that he's always got the confidence to step up and take a strike, even as a 21 year old. The team lacks leaders, but Rashford is one player that always wants the ball, and always wants to attack.

He carries the ball well, constantly attacks the opposition back line, and never, ever hides. He's clearly got the mental strength to play for United, and he has the natural talent. Just needs to grow into a settled team that looks like it could challenge for trophies, which he's never had the chance of doing yet. He's the least of our problems; I'm more worried about Martial...

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The penalty miss was frustrating, as were some of his shots, both from open play and direct free-kicks.

However, what I like is that he's always got the confidence to step up and take a strike, even as a 21 year old. The team lacks leaders, but Rashford is one player that always wants the ball, and always wants to attack.

He carries the ball well, constantly attacks the opposition back line, and never, ever hides. He's clearly got the mental strength to play for United, and he has the natural talent. Just needs to grow into a settled team that looks like it could challenge for trophies, which he's never had the chance of doing yet. He's the least of our problems; I'm more worried about Martial...
You're absolutely right in that hes not our biggest problem.

The main problem is we create nothing. You can thank the midfield for that.

One thing i will say in favour of martial and rashford is that they don't get many chances. I can't remember them missing sitters/

Remember the days when we'd create 3-4 really good chances and take maybe 1 or 2. Now we don't create any thing so our forwards literally have to create their own chances.

that's going back to £#%&!ing Lingard and The Scottish Player.

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
It's convenient how often a 10-second clip sums players up at the moment. I reckon Neville's job on SKY is safe.
Did you watch the game yesterday pal?

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I bet you he £#%&!ing didn't

probably a smart move

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:15 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
He's 21 years old, Sparky, playing in a team that is in the middle of a rebuild, and we're two games into the season. The lad is years away from his prime, and is clearly going to be a top player.

Imagine a 21 year old homegrown striker playing for Madrid or Barcelona and being written off by his supporters?
Already erased the Palace game from memory?

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:16 PM
utd99

The debate won’t be settled on this forum. He’ll get to the point where excuses are either not required or old and tired. I hope it’s the former.

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
15 at least he should be scoring.
Bookmarked.

Given he's 21 I'd say 15 league goals for Manchester United (a fairly average Manchester United) is a good target.

Quote:
I didn't, which is why it's good to have 10-second innocuous video clips which sum everything up.

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
I bet you he £#%&!ing didn't

probably a smart move
Pretty sure he was saying in the match thread he wasn’t watching? Could be wrong though..

Rashford is a good player and has the potential to be very good. But this trying to the next cristiano act he’s doing at the moment isn’t helping us or him. He’s not that type of player and never will be, he needs to go back to playing a simple game and stop taking extra touches or attempting flicks and tricks.

He was very poor yesterday and as Ethers says he does struggle with consistency. Obviously that’s to be expected from a young player, but doing things like volley pot shots from 30 yards, dribbling the ball into blind alleys or the free kicks aren’t helping him. Do the basics right and the things that made him such a dangerous player to begin with and everything else will fall into place.

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

I didn't, which is why it's good to have 10-second innocuous video clips which sum everything up.
Well then maybe you should shut up then until you've bothered to actually watch what you're talking about

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Bookmarked.

Given he's 21 I'd say 15 league goals for Manchester United (a fairly average Manchester United) is a good target.

Glad I could help pal.

That was probably one of the better things he did yesterday btw, he was absolutely shocking.

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Well then maybe you should shut up then until you've bothered to actually watch what you're talking about
That's what I get for being grateful for the analysis?

Quote:
Pretty sure he was saying in the match thread he wasn’t watching? Could be wrong though..

Rashford is a good player and has the potential to be very good. But this trying to the next cristiano act he’s doing at the moment isn’t helping us or him. He’s not that type of player and never will be, he needs to go back to playing a simple game and stop taking extra touches or attempting flicks and tricks.

He was very poor yesterday and as Ethers says he does struggle with consistency. Obviously that’s to be expected from a young player, but doing things like volley pot shots from 30 yards, dribbling the ball into blind alleys or the free kicks aren’t helping him. Do the basics right and the things that made him such a dangerous player to begin with and everything else will fall into place.
Funny enough Ronaldo became a better player when he stopped over-elaboration too. Rashford is definitely an instinctive player but you do feel sometimes he and Martial try to be cute too often. When it works (Martial's lovely flick to Pogba for the pen vs Wolves) it's great but their hold up play has suffered at times already this season from being too lax.

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Already erased the Palace game from memory?
2 or 3, the point still stands, you pedantic, mid-life-crisis-suffering, bleached-teeth, sand-sniffing, jug-eared tit.

Unread 25-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
2 or 3, the point still stands, you pedantic, mid-life-crisis-suffering, bleached-teeth, sand-sniffing, jug-eared tit.
Closed Thread