Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-12-2018, 06:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Sometimes it’s easy to forget what a great all round talent he is
Still a bit raw but with some top class coaching he could become world class

Unread 27-12-2018, 06:28 PM
MagnificentSeven

thought he was brilliant yesterday, looked very dangerous in attack.

feel he should be used as a winger and martial as the number 9 though.

Unread 27-12-2018, 07:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The Welbeck comparison has always been rather lazy. Welbeck(a better player than most give him credit for, and has seen his post Utd career destroyed by injuries) does not have anywhere near the ingenuity and dexterity of footwork that Rashford shows. You are right to point out resolve, I like that he has put himself forward as a set piece option and is willing to have a pop from range, not things that Welbeck would ever have tried, marks of a player looking to improve.

Zlatan and Lukaku were awful choices if our desire was to aid the development of Rashford and Martial. It really should have been because 3 years ago they looked 2 of the most exciting young players in Europe, and giving them every opportunity to develop looked the way forward.

Just happy that Mou was not able to trade them in for Perisic and Willian to form his dream trio with Lukaku.

Woody gets a lot of stick, but telling Mou to go £#%&! himself when he wanted to bin Martial for Perisic was heroic.

Unread 27-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
thought he was brilliant yesterday, looked very dangerous in attack.

feel he should be used as a winger and martial as the number 9 though.
Would prefer to see Martial as the #9 tbf, think he has more to his game. Still think Rashford may end up wide right, if he is to become a regular in the future. I reckon Greenwood will be United's longer-term main man in attack if his current trajectory continues. Hopefully he will stay injury free, as he is a ridiculous talent.

Unread 27-12-2018, 07:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Would prefer to see Martial as the #9 tbf, think he has more to his game. Still think Rashford may end up wide right, if he is to become a regular in the future. I reckon Greenwood will be United's longer-term main man in attack if his current trajectory continues. Hopefully he will stay injury free, as he is a ridiculous talent.
Where does Greenwood play usually, or where do you think his long-term role is?

Unread 27-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Where does Greenwood play usually, or where do you think his long-term role is?
When he first started playing in the under 18s, he was used in wide areas. He moved into the centre forward role around this time last year (still at age 16). Then he has just been scoring a ridiculous amount of goals. I think he only turned 17 in October, so probably needs another 12-18 months before he tastes the first team on a semi regular / regular basis, but he is already beyond the level he is playing at. For me, a talent like that plays at centre forward, but early days in the first team may see him wider. He is one of the most two footed players I think I've seen and is a damn good finisher.

His goals this season already;

Unread 28-12-2018, 04:52 PM
waynes ear's

anyway, Rashford.

being talked of as captain material and spending his entire career at United.

what say you fredsters?

Unread 28-12-2018, 04:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
When he first started playing in the under 18s, he was used in wide areas. He moved into the centre forward role around this time last year (still at age 16). Then he has just been scoring a ridiculous amount of goals. I think he only turned 17 in October, so probably needs another 12-18 months before he tastes the first team on a semi regular / regular basis, but he is already beyond the level he is playing at. For me, a talent like that plays at centre forward, but early days in the first team may see him wider. He is one of the most two footed players I think I've seen and is a damn good finisher.

His goals this season already;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HACyhL0AELo
Nice one

See what you mean about either foot, £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 28-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
anyway, Rashford.

being talked of as captain material and spending his entire career at United.

what say you fredsters?
learn how to finish.

hopefully the current manager can take him under his wing and show him a few things.

Unread 28-12-2018, 06:35 PM
browser

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...td-and-england

This thread is a disgrace, borne out of the mourinho inspired negativity around the club at the time. The lads a superstar in the making, if he played for any other club they’d celebrate him appropriately. Ole has apparently been telling him today to just worry about getting it past the keeper. If the goals start to flow again like they did when he broke through we could be dealing with a 30 goal a season player

£#%&! KFC and martial law’s posts on page one are scandalous

Unread 28-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...td-and-england

This thread is a disgrace, borne out of the mourinho inspired negativity around the club at the time. The lads a superstar in the making, if he played for any other club they’d celebrate him appropriately. Ole has apparently been telling him today to just worry about getting it past the keeper. If the goals start to flow again like they did when he broke through we could be dealing with a 30 goal a season player
Yes everyone, let's celebrate a forward that's scored 30 goals in 145 appearances. Watch out Mbappe!

Unread 28-12-2018, 06:41 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yes everyone, let's celebrate a forward that's scored 30 goals in 145 appearances. Watch out Mbappe!
Put mbappe in a mourinho team and show me his stats. If you can’t see the talent you’re daft.

Unread 28-12-2018, 06:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Put mbappe in a mourinho team and show me his stats. If you can’t see the talent you’re daft.
i see talent. but i don't see superstar talent or the ability to finish.

so there you go.

No mourinho to blame now....

Unread 28-12-2018, 06:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Yep, no players have ever *ever* had a decent goal haul when JM has been the manager

Seriously, I'm not defending the guy (certainly not this season) but the derision some have for him verges on the unhinged.

Unread 30-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Sapien

State

Unread 30-12-2018, 06:26 PM
92ToBury

Anyone else still waiting for Gothers to show us how shit Rashford is?

Unread 30-12-2018, 06:27 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Anyone else still waiting for Gothers to show us how shit Rashford is?
secretly

Unread 30-12-2018, 07:14 PM
windy waffles

Marlo...?

Unread 30-12-2018, 07:18 PM
dunk

Unread 30-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Marlo...?
Probably still considering that bet where he said we won't finish in the top half.

Silly rich @#%&!.
Closed Thread