United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:25 PM
marlo stansfield

Default united through to the to the ecl quarter finals. confirmed.

:

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Spiffy

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:28 PM
chorleyred

in plain and simple words, if they don't I will ban you!

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:31 PM
wonky no

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:34 PM
marlo stansfield

confirmed.

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

easy peasy.

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:39 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
confirmed.
you shouldn't be alive to post after last weekend

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:41 PM
naes_sean

ecl

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:42 PM
marlo stansfield

why have i been given a £#%&!ing infraction for this thread???

nothing wrong with positive posting??

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:44 PM
S/Side.Red

That second half was £#%&!ing horrible.

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I wasn't the only one thinking that then?

No shape, too quick at times and some woeful passing. Could have done with someone to get the ball down and play with their head a bit.

I'm very concerned about our inability to control a game in Europe when/if we play with two forwards. It looks like it has to be one up top and for virtually the whole match Rooney was isolated. A waste.

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:47 PM
wonky no

Quote:
if we had got one in the second half we would have got 4.

i think in europe going a goal up can really throw a panner in the tactics. the longer it went on the more nervy we looked.

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

what's an infraction? an agrophobic fraction?

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:48 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I was uber-confident at half time.

5 minutes in, I was shitting it.

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:49 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

WTF is an 'infraction'?

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

No shape, too quick at times and some woeful passing. Could have done with someone to get the ball down and play with their head a bit.

I'm very concerned about our inability to control a game in Europe when/if we play with two forwards. It looks like it has to be one up top and for virtually the whole match Rooney was isolated. A waste.
i know people will say we played 4-3-3 and not 4-5-1, but whatever way you look at it, rooney was our only striker. against lyon at home, that is unforgivable.

we deserved the win, but why can't we just play 2 up front and attack teams? it's what we do best and no team can live with us when we do it. it's so frustrating

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:50 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i know people will say we played 4-3-3 and not 4-5-1, but whatever way you look at it, rooney was our only striker. against lyon at home, that is unforgivable.

we deserved the win, but why can't we just play 2 up front and attack teams? it's what we do best and no team can live with us when we do it. it's so frustrating
Spot on mate.

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

They looked nervous all over the pitch in that second half. Some of the passing was awful and Rooney made a right £#%&!-up of some great opportunities. I think we may have paid for that against a better side. Unless we play Schalke, our next opponents will be better than Lyon and we'll have to step our game up. Surprised Scholes didn't come on, actually.

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Sparky***

"Er, sir alex I can now confirm you are through to the ecl quarter finals."

"I know that I saw the game you goggle eyed @#%&!. And what the £#%&! is the ecl?"

Unread 04-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Two up front in Europe? Most teams adopt a three man midfield. I agree we should play to our strengths but I honestly don't know if we've got two midfielders who can dominate a game when up against a three man midfield. It's no use having two centre forwards on the pitch if we've hardly got the ball.
Closed Thread