United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 04-09-2023, 01:04 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We had plenty available in attack: we had our favoured front three. Garnacho and Hojlund both came on and we had Pellistri. He’s not a starter at the best of times. Whatever you think of them, we had plenty of options.

Rashford was left out of an eleven when he was bang in form. There wasn’t anything seriously wrong or a falling out there.

I agree there’s something wrong that a player we paid £70m for isn’t working hard enough or being considered for squads…but that’s just a reflection that f the standard required, and that’s a very undramatic thing.
Rashford was still on the bench and got on.

I think youre confusing my point with some sort of attack on the manager, I’m not a Sancho advocate. I’m pointing out a strange situation at the club.

Sancho not making a match day squad when fit and available is bad all round.

Unread 04-09-2023, 01:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Respectfully disagree. Something is badly wrong when he’s not making the squad from what we had available on the weekend. We are limited in attack. Martial started.

It smacks of a falling out.
Or you could just believe the manager that he’s been shite in training. There’s evidence of him having issues at training with his two previous teams and at international level.

What’s more likely? Even then, question why is there a falling out?

He gave him months off to train away from the team last season, brought him back, smile on Sanchos face etc . Still didn’t take his chance.

Videos of him not being good enough. I don’t know why there is a search for a story of something must have happened.

Fact is, we have seen with our own eyes how little effort he puts on the pitch and how shite he has been, not only for ETH but for Ole and Ralf too.

Stop making excuses for the bitch

Unread 04-09-2023, 01:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Never had Stickman down as a Sancho Stan....

I mean he has some horrific football opinions but defending this little gimp ?

Unread 04-09-2023, 01:42 PM
Whip Hubley

Had such high hopes for Sancho.

Signing a highly rated youngster who was absolutely tearing it up for Dortmund, and an ex city youngster who turned his back on them no less.

How do bellingham and haaland turn out to be worldies and we end up with this little fanny?

Classic post-2013 united.

Unread 04-09-2023, 01:49 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Signing a highly rated youngster who was absolutely tearing it up for Dortmund, and an ex city youngster who turned his back on them no less.

How do bellingham and haaland turn out to be worldies and we end up with this little fanny?

The circle complete

Unread 04-09-2023, 01:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

because we didn't do our due diligence properly on the characters we were bringing in to the club. That's arguably as important as what talent you bring in. Look at Bellingham, he has the perfect mentality to be at a big club, he £#%&!ing relishes it. There aren't many of his ilk about.

Ferguson's first big hurdle at United was getting a hold of the club and exerting his influence on the dressing room, which had become a £#%&!ing booze boys club under Atkinson. Big names were put out and eventually we saw him able to bring in his players who all were singing from the same hymn sheet. It took 5 £#%&!ing years but eventually he got there.

It's the same now with Guardiola at City. That club is completely and totally in his thrall, 7 years in, everyone at that club knows they do it his way or they get promptly £#%&!ed off. The owners have groomed the entire club to Guardiola's requirements and now if there's one dissenting voice, they're out the door. The most important step in that was giving him everything he needed from the minute he came in the door.

that's where sporting directors and proper scouts come in. Instead we had £#%&!ing woodward signing off on 'clickbait' signings and names that would do big numbers on social media. A serious football club doesn't operate like that. Give Van Gaal his due he £#%&!ing called it when he saw it.

Unread 04-09-2023, 02:11 PM
Buck

Quote:

I thought the same too. This has been one of the most disappointing transfers because he was genuinely one of the best young talents and all the top clubs would have wanted him. Plus at Dortmund he pulled up numbers that showed there was substance to the style. I don't know what's happened. When he gets the ball on the ground he has the quick feet to shift it in a tight area and make a yard of space for himself .... but then he just plays it safe. It's pretty much the opposite of Garnacho who almost always gets his head down to run at the full back. Maybe Sancho isn't quick enough to go at a defender 1v1 in this league or maybe he just has lost the confidence to try but it's a shame it's come to this. There's nothing to gain from issuing a statement like that and only makes it easier for the manager to keep you sidelined.

Unread 04-09-2023, 02:13 PM
Jack Duckworth

There should be a ban on us signing players from the Bundesliga and Eredivisie. The SPL for football stat nerds.

Unread 04-09-2023, 02:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Again, so £#%&!ing what?

There’s countless players up and down the country who think they should be in the team ahead of someone else. Even if he’s completely right (he isn’t. We’ve seen him play) There’s only one way to change it and it isn’t calling your manager out on social media.

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:01 PM
Seamus

he needs booting off.

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Why's Antony getting games, wah wah wah

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:09 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Again, so £#%&!ing what?

There’s countless players up and down the country who think they should be in the team ahead of someone else. Even if he’s completely right (he isn’t. We’ve seen him play) There’s only one way to change it and it isn’t calling your manager out on social media.

https://x.com/mufcscoop/status/16986...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
Ah, so that's it. The mard arse. Get better so the manager can't leave you out. Antony isn't perfect but he would never jump out of 50-50s the way Sancho does. And for that alone I'd start him.

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:11 PM
NedKelly

So he’s trying to shit talk his team mates now? Not acceptable if it isn’t about Maguire.

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:15 PM
Bunker Buster

This is why Antony starts ahead of you....

Absolutely pathetic....

The little skip at the end ...

"Well I kind of chased back" "there's an agenda against me"

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This is why Antony starts ahead of you....

Absolutely pathetic....

The little skip at the end ...

"Well I kind of chased back" "there's an agenda against me"

https://twitter.com/Derrick_Ayim10/s...VtLDJrMtw&s=19
‘Continue to fight for the badge’

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:28 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Again, so £#%&!ing what?

https://x.com/mufcscoop/status/16986...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
He’d have a point if both players were putting in the same level of effort, fight and application but Antony is levels above Sancho for simple hard work

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He’d have a point if both players were putting in the same level of effort, fight and application but Antony is levels above Sancho for simple hard work
Yep. It’s not like the whole world is scratching their head as to why he isn’t playing.

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Yep. It’s not like the whole world is scratching their head as to why he isn’t playing.
It's weird, I think he's;

A) just generally seen his arse after not being picked and Stupidly took to Twitter ..

B) Has a late Saudi offer in place and wants out ..

Either scenarios he's made it very hard to come back from now ....

Stupid boy....

He's also read the room Very wrong aswell as most people really aren't arsed and know yes been below Par in his last few seasons, with a 3 month mental health break and the manager warmly ushered him back to the pitch...

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:39 PM
atticusgrinch

Imagine if we'd coughed up the £130m that was originally quoted the season before.

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's weird, I think he's;

A) just generally seen his arse after not being picked and Stupidly took to Twitter ..

B) Has a late Saudi offer in place and wants out ..

Either scenarios he's made it very hard to come back from now ....

Stupid boy....

He's also read the room Very wrong aswell as most people really aren't arsed and know yes been below Par in his last few seasons, with a 3 month mental health break and the manager warmly ushered him back to the pitch...
The timing was immediately after ten hags comments too. Like he’d had a sudden rush to the head and just posted. I can’t believe his agent would have been very pleased with him. It’s a really stupid thing to do, even from his own perspective. It doesn’t benefit him at all.