United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes 45 32.85%
No 92 67.15%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 26-08-2023, 11:52 AM
AK14

Talent wise he was up there with some of the best academy lads that have come through imo, But it’s not all about talent obviously and that’s been his downfall. A player could have all the talent and potential in the world, but if he’s a wrong un, thick as shit, attitude etc then that’ll impact whether they actually fulfil their potential.

Perhaps it would have ended differently if SaF was his manager, who knows? Probably it to be fair.

Unread 26-08-2023, 11:54 AM
My Name is Heath

SAF binned Morrison but preserved with Eric

He’d also have taken Mick Harford on.

Would have been fascinating to see how that would have panned out

Unread 26-08-2023, 11:56 AM
larry

there was no talk of him going the way of ravel while he was playing for us, but suddenly it was inevitable he would have gone that way anyway. ok then...

Unread 26-08-2023, 11:57 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

There you go with that nonsensical, irrelevant %@#$&!a again There's not even the slightest comparison.

You want a comparison? Gylfi Sigurdsson. Was he found guilty? Where's he playing now?

Genuinely interested btw, nothing seems to have been heard since he stopped playing for Everton.

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:02 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

He was in a bit of a pickle with both

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:03 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There you go with that nonsensical, irrelevant %@#$&!a again There's not even the slightest comparison.

You want a comparison? Gylfi Sigurdsson. Was he found guilty? Where's he playing now?

Genuinely interested btw, nothing seems to have been heard since he stopped playing for Everton.
Excellent point with the Sigurdsson comparison tbf.

Don’t remember many people crying about his innocence, or saying that Everton had a duty of care to him etc.

But then nonceing isn’t quite as fashionable as abusing women with the Andrew Tate types is it

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:03 PM
jem

it's an easy point to make and hard to argue with because he's not played for 18 months, he's not going to play for us and his attitude is shit. that's why there was a £#%&!ing investigation. nothing that he does now will be what he would done with a better attitude or if he stayed with us, so it's pure speculation.

what I'm not having is that we could already see that he wasn't that good. he absolutely was.

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
good to see ethers being exposed for the absolute @#%&! that he is. i think he's the worst poster we've seen in my life time and by some distance. and i won't change that opinion regardless of whether he ever posts again.
Please don’t quote my posts to suggest I support your position on Greenwood. I like Ethers and was replying to his point in good faith.

Many thanks.

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:14 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Please don’t quote my posts to suggest I support your position on Greenwood. I like Ethers and was replying to his point in good faith.

Many thanks.
too late already did. also this was a discussion on his ability, not on our "positions". if you disagree with something you say, don't say it in the first place.

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He was in a bit of a pickle with both
Well, I laughed.

Quote:
too late already did. also this was a discussion on his ability, not on our "positions". if you disagree with something you say, don't say it in the first place.
It certainly was a discussion about his ability, so why You quoted the post to then call Ethers a @#%&! and call him one of the worst posters on here, I’ve no idea.

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:32 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It certainly was a discussion about his ability, so why You quoted the post to then call Ethers a @#%&! and call him one of the worst posters on here, I’ve no idea.
because i disagree with him

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:33 PM
jem

to be fair to etherers, he's not far and away the worst poster on here. there are worse. they're really bad.

I lolled at pickle, too.

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
because i disagree with him
No, because of exactly what I’ve already said.

Unread 26-08-2023, 12:51 PM
Buck

I did think his footballing talent was of the highest standard and prior to any of this happening that nothing should have stopped him reaching the very top bar injuries. He was a very good dribbler being able to accelerate past the defender both on the inside and the outside. His left foot shooting from long distance was good and in and around the box he was usually very powerful and accurate. Particularly with the low drives into the corner. He scored some really impressive goals low and hard with very little time needed to set himself that seemed to catch goalkeepers out. Also was pretty good on his right foot. He had a lot of great raw ability which over time and experience I thought would only get more deadly. I take the point that his best season remained his first full season in the first team and by his last game he was having a bit of a rut but it wasn't a concern to me at the time because I thought he was probably due a slow down at that age and would overcome it in no time.

Him now going down as one of the biggest waste of talents is entirely down to his own actions. The article shared a few pages back implies he always had an entitled streak and that alone doesn't paint him in good light. But at the same time I imagine that kind of attitude is not uncommon from footballers who have been sheltered and treated as golden boys for most of their lives. His downfall is from the worst kind of entitlement for which there was no coming back from here. What he did there crossed the line of the club turning a blind eye to their golden boy over and over again. If it were a lesser quality player there would be no doubts. He can still have a career in football but the reported interest suggests most clubs are of the same view of not wanting to be associated with that.

Unread 31-08-2023, 11:39 AM
dunk

Unread 31-08-2023, 11:41 AM
windy waffles

Classic tucker...

Unread 31-08-2023, 12:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Huge media presence here at Carrington....

Talk of a guard of honour / women's team egging...

Unread 31-08-2023, 12:03 PM
dunk

I’ve had a ‘mare, that popped up on my timeline and I though it meant he was being released today, it’s from 10 days ago ffs :facepalm:

Unread 31-08-2023, 12:22 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’ve had a ‘mare, that popped up on my timeline and I though it meant he was being released today, it’s from 10 days ago ffs :facepalm:
I think posting on the Besiktas fans forum is your best bet going forward mate……. in their culture they can look past these things….

Unread 31-08-2023, 12:22 PM
Ethers

I thought you were implying that fella was some kind of insider, because he’s not long tweeted Amarabat is a done deal as well