United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:13 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
The one missing ingrediant is Louis Saha.

People forget just how influential he was regarding the way we played for most of last season. When he's fit i can't think of any other striker in the prem who id rather have leading the line for us than Saha.

We just need to get him fit and keep him fit.
who forgets?

surely, it is precisely because we know how effective saha is when fit that it would be nice idea to have someone else in the squad that can do a similar job.

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Shooter McGavin

You can't tell me Tevez couldnt have played 20 mins today.

And why no Campbell, he's looked sharp in pre-season and is actually a forward. O Shea and Fletcher, what the £#%&! could they do?!

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:15 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
You can't tell me Tevez couldnt have played 20 mins today.

And why no Campbell, he's looked sharp in pre-season and is actually a forward. O Shea and Fletcher, what the £#%&! could they do?!
Everton and Liverpool to you!

Super John.

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Enjoying Insanity

I wouldn't have minded Smith or Rossi today.

Where are they BTW

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Everton and Liverpool to you!

Super John.
Sorry forgot Super John, Left Back, Centre Mid, Centre Forward and Goalkeeper

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:18 PM
chorleyred

one's at newcastle, one's at villareal.

say what you mean, as if we don't know what you are getting at anyway

jem

Default campbell

would have done £#%&! all today. I'd rather have o'shea.

rossi would have been no use either.

smith might have had a shout.

JakeB

Quote:
Sorry forgot Super John, Left Back, Centre Mid, Centre Forward and Goalkeeper
Ahem...I'm sure he's played right back and centre defence too, thank you very much.

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:20 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
would have done £#%&! all today. I'd rather have o'shea.

rossi would have been no use either.

smith might have had a shout.
Smith would have done £#%&! all, he would have just got caught up in running around and working himself into the ground with whoever was man marking him. Wouldnt have done anything more than the players out there today.

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Ahem...I'm sure he's played right back and centre defence too, thank you very much.
No end to his talents

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Speckled Sod

Quote:
You can't tell me Tevez couldnt have played 20 mins today
What if he had played 20 and it still finished 0-0?

Youd then be moaning that we hadnt played him from the start.

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Shooter McGavin

No I wouldnt, if he's not fully match fit there's no point risking it.

Nani was only going to get the usual fergie 20 mins if Rooney hadn't have got injured.

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:23 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
who forgets?

surely, it is precisely because we know how effective saha is when fit that it would be nice idea to have someone else in the squad that can do a similar job.
That is the case but i've seen a lot of people totally write Saha off and some have even suggested he be sold!

I agree we could do with another striker in the saha mould, someone like Anelka maybe, but who are we going to get when whoever it is will know they are probably going to be 4th choice when everyone is fit.

There are not too many players around who have the required abilty to play for a team like us, who play like we do, who will be happy being a bench warmer for 70% of the season.

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:26 PM
chorleyred

after last season, where saha was superb in the opening months, i'd do a straight swap with bolton now for him.

love the player, hate his injury proneness

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Smith would have done £#%&! all, he would have just got caught up in running around and working himself into the ground with whoever was man marking him. Wouldnt have done anything more than the players out there today.
smith could have won the ball in the air.

assuming we'd played our wingers as wingers and got some balls in.

smith is good enough quality to play against the likes of reading.

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Tiberian

Saha is a key player for us, watch the review of the season vids and see how important he was up to Christmas when Fergie mysteriously ditched him for a shite 35yo playing equivalent of a day tripper. In all the vitriol that has went his way his importance has tended to be forgotten.

On the issue of Scholes, he is the deepest lying midfielder in our team, rarely breaks forward at all these days. Because of this the thought of all 3 of Carrick, Hargreaves and he in the same team worries me, all occupying the same space, it has to be 2/3.

Unread 12-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Saha is a key player for us, watch the review of the season vids and see how important he was up to Christmas when Fergie mysteriously ditched him for a shite 35yo playing equivalent of a day tripper. In all the vitriol that has went his way his importance has tended to be forgotten.

On the issue of Scholes, he is the deepest lying midfielder in our team, rarely breaks forward at all these days. Because of this the thought of all 3 of Carrick, Hargreaves and he in the same team worries me, all occupying the same space, it has to be 2/3.
It's clear Fergie want's to play this dynamic 4-3-3, yet his only viable option up front is that lunatic Saha...

Tevez is not the answer.

Unread 12-08-2007, 08:02 PM
chorleyred

I would say my favoured line up would be

van der sar

gary nev rio vida evra

hargreaves carrick

ronaldo tevez rooney

saha

bench from

nani
scholes
anderson
o shea
the pole
giggs
wes

Unread 12-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
It's clear Fergie want's to play this dynamic 4-3-3, yet his only viable option up front is that lunatic Saha...

Tevez is not the answer.
4-2-3-1 was the system that worked so well for us last year, the main striker Saha with 3 attacking players rotating around him, with 2 midfileders moving the ball forward at pace and controlling the tempo. 5 years ago Scholes could have played in the attacking 3, now he lacks the mobility, stamina and pace to keep up with the style we play our best football at.

People do not like to hear it, but by the end of the season Carrick and Hargreaves should be starting the big games with Scholes on the bench, all 3 of them sounds to much like the 4-5-1 of Keane's fading seasons.

Unread 12-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Ed Sullivan

Default Mine...

van der sar

Nev Rio Vida Evra

Hargreaves Carrick

Ronaldo Scholes Rooney

Saha

bench from

nani
tevez
anderson