United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Zorg

The big question is who's going to play at centre-half? My money's on Rooney.

Unread 09-12-2011, 03:27 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
No they couldn't.

The conveyor-belt of mugs will at some point run dry.
It's never been easier to get tickets

Unread 09-12-2011, 07:35 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Let us just imagine, for a moment, that the worst-case scenarios come about and we actually drop out of the top four.......

What do people here think might happen then??
loads of #@&%!s would stop following united. every cloud and that.

and the gimps might well sell up to some @#%&! or other from qatar or someplace.

Unread 09-12-2011, 08:15 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
loads of #@&%!s would stop following united. every cloud and that.

and the gimps might well sell up to some @#%&! or other from qatar or someplace.
or nobody comes forward to buy us. Glazers drain every thing out of the club including OT

Unread 09-12-2011, 08:34 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
or nobody comes forward to buy us. Glazers drain every thing out of the club including OT
unlikely. they'd make more selling it on than bleeding it dry, I would have thought.

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:09 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
Second division Reds we are still here

we use to £#%&! your wimmin and drink your beer. But WE DID DO WHAT WE WANTED TO
Crown Greeners lead the way.

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:17 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The big question is who's going to play at centre-half? My money's on Rooney.
That's plain daft. Obv Michael Carrick with Rooney dropping back in fron of the back four.

sometimes the tactical thinking on here

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Smalling would do a cracking job at CB, unfortunately he'll be at RB I expect.

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Tiberian

A lot of people point to the Cleverley injury as the key moment. This played a part of course but Carrick also being injured at the same time left Fergie with little option but to pair Fletcher with Anderson. They have different strengths which do not complement each other, and the way that Fergie used them was also a little baffling to me, Anderson sitting deep with Fletcher going box to box. Anderson does not have the passing range to play that role, and more importantly he lacks the defensive awareness. What he was good at during the impressive start to the season was initiating quick interplay with one touch passing and movement, getting close to the forwards, playing at a tempo always moving the attack. He needs a partner who can play the ball quickly in tight areas.

Fletcher even at his best was an energy player first, technical abilities secondary but early into his comeback he was asked to go to box, support the attack and be creative in his passing. It is no wonder that Utd lost fluency. At the same time Valencia, Park, Hernandez were all starting to get games, all limited players which further exacerbated the problems in midfield.

The Vidic injury will hopefully push Smalling into the middle alongside Rio. He can do an adequate job at RB, usually sound defensively but not much attacking threat. Rafael ideally would take that full back spot, his aggression and tenacity has been missed, a great attitude for the game as well, helps set a theme for the team.

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:48 AM
The Return of JC

£#%&!in' disaster. Arguably the one player we could least afford to lose long term. He has his technical flaws, but there's no questioning his influence on the side. Huge, huge loss.

Jones----Smalling---Rio---Evra

Let's see this as settled as possible. I know Rio's form hasn't been great, but It's still very early to suggest he's finished. If he's fit (big if), he can adjust his game and his experience and composure could be vital in Vidic's absence.

We desperately need as a settled side as possible. Or at least a settled spine. No CL to worry about and we can play the fringe players in the Europa, but get a settled spine in the PL. That back four with De Gea in goal (he's our number one, so play him. Linda in Europa). If Carrick's fit, he plays. If Nani's fit, he plays (he's someone who benefits from playing every week anyway). Rooney and Welbeck up front for every league match, let them develop a partnership. The injuries take care of most of this anyway.

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
£#%&!in' disaster. Arguably the one player we could least afford to lose long term. He has his technical flaws, but there's no questioning his influence on the side. Huge, huge loss.

Let's see this as settled as possible. I know Rio's form hasn't been great, but It's still very early to suggest he's finished. If he's fit (big if), he can adjust his game and his experience and composure could be vital in Vidic's absence.

We desperately need as a settled side as possible. Or at least a settled spine. No CL to worry about and we can play the fringe players in the Europa, but get a settled spine in the PL. That back four with De Gea in goal (he's our number one, so play him. Linda in Europa). If Carrick's fit, he plays. If Nani's fit, he plays (he's someone who benefits from playing every week anyway). Rooney and Welbeck up front for every league match, let them develop a partnership. The injuries take care of most of this anyway.
That's definitely what I'd go with but suspect Fergie will swap Jones and Smallers.

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
That's plain daft. Obv Michael Carrick with Rooney dropping back in fron of the back four.

sometimes the tactical thinking on here

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:

No chance

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:52 AM
rafabio

one good thing about dropping out from CL and carling cup (and no doubt FA cup) is that there will be less games for fergie to bring out his tambola. could see some good football in 2nd half.

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:53 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
That's definitely what I'd go with but suspect Fergie will swap Jones and Smallers.

I wouldn't be unhappy with that. I'm not really too arsed what the combo is, as long as it's settled. And doesn't involve Evans. That's my biggest concern. He's been his Go-To Guy this season in Rio or/and Vidic's absence, so I see no reason why he won't be again

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:53 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
No chance

At least the lottery has the potential of money to spend.

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I wouldn't be unhappy with that. I'm not really too arsed what the combo is, as long as it's settled. And doesn't involve Evans. That's my biggest concern. He's been his Go-To Guy this season in Rio or/and Vidic's absence, so I see no reason why he won't be again
I think Smalling is currently a far better CB than Pip and that Pip is better at RB than Smallers.

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:57 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
Nice Rant..............I am sure Louis Edwards and family are absolutely gutted at the way MY team is being run

just saying like
It's always been a money tree for some @#%&!. The Edwards' and Martin selling his shares every few months was a big issue, shareholders in general and now the @#%&!s, and when they are eventually gone, it will be another vulture/parasite.

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:57 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think Smalling is currently a far better CB than Pip and that Pip is better at RB than Smallers.
Probably. I'd go with that, yeah, but they're both good enough and gutsy enough to handle both. They're two players who I actually like watching at the moment. Amidst all the shit, I still look forward to watching them Welbeck, Cleverley, Nani, the twins......

....what's the latest on the twins, btw?

Unread 09-12-2011, 09:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Probably. I'd go with that, yeah, but they're both good enough and gutsy enough to handle both. They're two players who I actually like watching at the moment. Amidst all the shit, I still look forward to watching them Welbeck, Cleverley, Nani, the twins......

....what's the latest on the twins, btw?
A pair of £#%&!ing idiots whose completely reckless style of play means that finishing a game is unlikely cos of either a red card or an injury. That said, i do like 'em.
Closed Thread