United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can’t get my head round that myself training hard 5-6 days a week, provided with the majority of his meals by the club.. when does he find time to get fat? Surely his body would be in an almost constant fat/calorie burning state?
Not how the body works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Then again if your manager does that publicly then you are going to overthink it and play badly surely?
Depends on the player. Couldn’t imagine a player with the mentality of Keane or robson reacting like that.

Unread 19-03-2018, 01:27 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Was there in Sat and Jose spent all the first half barking instructions to Shaw... so it was either his agenda or the boy simply doesn’t follow instructions.

Then again if your manager does that publicly then you are going to overthink it and play badly surely?
Fergie would rip the shit out of players from the touch line all the time , players that won championships. He's not a United player.

Unread 19-03-2018, 01:32 PM
dunk

Jonny Evans getting absolutely £#%&!ing savaged pitch side in San Siro

Still didn't drag him in the after match or press conference

Unread 19-03-2018, 02:08 PM
windy waffles

Fergie.

Unread 19-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Not how the body works.

Depends on the player. Couldn’t imagine a player with the mentality of Keane or robson reacting like that.
I’m going to shock you here - I’m not sure Luke Shaw has the mentality of a Keane or Robson.

Unread 19-03-2018, 02:25 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I’m going to shock you here - I’m not sure Luke Shaw has the mentality of a Keane or Robson.

Unread 19-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Jonny Evans getting absolutely £#%&!ing savaged pitch side in San Siro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maVsd5Rq2Wg

Still didn't drag him in the after match or press conference
Was quite proud about not throwing players under the bus during interviews iirc.

A sound approach.

Unread 19-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Seamus

there comes a point where you have to cut your losses with players like Luke Shaw. He isnt going to make it with us.

who shall we get in ?

Unread 19-03-2018, 02:44 PM
My Name is Keith

Why’s he such a fat @#%&!? Surely they have dieticians and trainers who basically set him a target which, because he’s a professional footballer who has nothing else to do, he should be made to achieve? Alongside buying cars and jeans, all you have to do is keep in shape ffs. Totally beyond me.

This shit used to really wind me up with fat wap Anderson but to be honest, there’s so many bigger issues to wind me up about United atm that I’m very cba.

Mes que un club? Ours should simply be ‘Club’s A Mess’.

Unread 19-03-2018, 04:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
there comes a point where you have to cut your losses with players like Luke Shaw. He isnt going to make it with us.

who shall we get in ?
as manager.... to get the best of shaw?

Unread 19-03-2018, 05:20 PM
Sparky***

I watched Liverpool's left back set up a goal for Salah the other night. No idea what his name was, Bob Smith or something, someone who probably cost them absolutely nothing. He bombed up the wing, got 5 yards from the by-line and whipped in a perfect first time, left-footed cross for Salah to tap in at the far post. So simple, yet something which is totally and utterly beyond United.

Unread 19-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Pop

Gone...

A source close to Shaw told Sky Sports News: "Mourinho's treatment of Luke is an absolute disgrace. If he has a problem with him, the decent thing to do would be to keep it in-house.

"If this kind of abuse happened in any other workplace, there would be a case for constructive dismissal. It's disgusting.

"A few weeks ago, Mourinho was praising him, now he can't do anything right.

"Luke's a strong lad and he won't let Mourinho ruin his life".

Unread 19-03-2018, 06:19 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
shaw should be stretching the pitch and opposition full back and he doesnt

I do agree with that, but I still think that since his awful injury, he's just not had a run of games where he can show us what he's about, there's talent there but I fear there's some deep psycological issues still and i'm not sure that Jose is the right type of manager to help. Yes (as other on this thread have said) he could definitely do more to help himself but i'm sure a run of a few games would help.

Unread 19-03-2018, 06:24 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
shaw should be stretching the pitch and opposition full back and he doesnt
Too busy stretching the fabric of his kit.

Unread 19-03-2018, 06:59 PM
Buck

Mourinho is a very spiteful man. Probably still bitter about Shaw telling him to f*** off and die when he chose to join Utd instead of Chelsea.

Unread 19-03-2018, 07:59 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Story at the time was Mourinho told him he didn't want him and he came here instead
was that mourinho's story after getting knocked back?

if that were true, it would just be a case of mourinho not admitting he was wrong. either way, he's treating shaw like a @#%&!.

Unread 19-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
was that mourinho's story after getting knocked back?

if that were true, it would just be a case of mourinho not admitting he was wrong. either way, he's treating shaw like a c***.
Nah, I read it in a few fanzines at the time.

Either way, I really couldn't give a toss.

Unread 19-03-2018, 10:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Story at the time was Mourinho told him he didn't want him and he came here instead
That does ring a bell. I also remember him, when asked why he chose United, suggesting that he liked the fact that United full-backs got forward, which could have been a subby. Either way, the relationship seems to be broken so no point them both being here next season.

I reckon this chubby little bastard could come back to haunt us big time. Nqat.

Unread 19-03-2018, 11:11 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I watched Liverpool's left back set up a goal for Salah the other night. No idea what his name was, Bob Smith or something, someone who probably cost them absolutely nothing. He bombed up the wing, got 5 yards from the by-line and whipped in a perfect first time, left-footed cross for Salah to tap in at the far post. So simple, yet something which is totally and utterly beyond United.
Andrew Robertson isn't it? There was him and another lad at Dundee United a few years back, touted as the next big things all sorts of interest from the Premier League, the other lad ended up in Portugal and Robertson went to Hull had a couple of decent seasons in a shit team and ended up at Liverpool for single figure millions and I'd take him over anyone we've got at Left Back easy. The big clubs have got a bit snobby about buying from Scotland these days though.

Shaw needs a new start mentally as much as anything at this point.

Unread 20-03-2018, 08:14 PM
Sparky***

This whole situation being described as 'bullying' must be the most 2018 thing i've heard so far.

Dropping a professional footballer or criticising them is now bullying apparently.
Closed Thread