Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
I didn’t say that.

Why do you ask?
I assumed by your reply you thought he signed Bailly.

But you said Fred was a Woodward choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Sanchez
Fred
Lump
Pogba

Definitely woowoo signings

Mou is behaving the same as the players. Not arsed because he can’t do it his way. Wouldn’t mind Poch but it would only be a slight improvement due to him being more likely to make the best of it and playing a decent brand of football. But we’d only end up another Tottenham , which admittedly is better than being Everton.

Unread 13-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Lok

I wouldn't put it past Woodward to have signed Fred based on his name alone

Pogba and possibly Sanchez aside, they're all clearly Mou's signings.

Unread 13-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Buck

Woodward chose Lukaku

The guy up until recently started and played the full 90 in almost every game. He is one of Mourinho's pets along with Matic, Fellaini, Young.

Unread 13-12-2018, 11:19 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Woodward chose Lukaku

The guy up until recently started and played the full 90 in almost every game. He is one of Mourinho's pets along with Matic, Fellaini, Young.
Exactly.

Its nonsense and his excuse for being a shit manager.

Unread 13-12-2018, 11:55 AM
Buck

Would love to hear what Fergie thinks of the last 5 years.

Unread 13-12-2018, 12:26 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
"should've kept wee Moysie on, cut from the same cloth" etc...

Unread 13-12-2018, 12:30 PM
sa7

Quote:
It caused his brain to explode ffs

Unread 13-12-2018, 12:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
"should've kept wee Moysie on, cut from the same cloth" etc...
Freggle was laughably distancing himself already from Moyes by the time we'd sacked him tbh. Called him out for dumping Phelansteen... which personally I reckon was nowhere near the worst thing he did, though replacing them with Round and Wee Jimmeh was slightly questionable...

Unread 13-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Clownbones

Oh so another thing that isn't his fault .

Christ, how bad do we need to get? How many times does he have to criticise his own players before we just hold our hands up and say he's doing a bad job.

Is it all his fault? No.

It's mostly his though.

We'll get totally outplayed on Sunday. We'll have about 3 shots on goal with 1 hitting the target. Liverpool will probably have about 6 clear chances and beat us 2-0.

Mourinho will tell us all how we were right in the game... how we'd have got a point if we could have got if back to 2-1..... We'll beat whichever shit team we've got after that and all this £#%&!ing horseshit will carry on until April when he's sacked.

Unread 13-12-2018, 03:31 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Freggle was laughably distancing himself already from Moyes by the time we'd sacked him tbh. Called him out for dumping Phelansteen... which personally I reckon was nowhere near the worst thing he did, though replacing them with Round and Wee Jimmeh was slightly questionable...
Harsh on Wee Jimmy.

Should still be at the club, nqat, if he could be kept out of his allotment.

Unread 13-12-2018, 03:38 PM
Lok

Wee Jimmy would be infinitely preferable to Mourinho.

Probably has a more modern approach to the game as well.

Unread 13-12-2018, 03:43 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Wee Jimmy would be infinitely preferable to Mourinho.

Probably has a more modern approach to the game as well.
Could almost pass as Fergie in the dugout, too...

Unread 13-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Buck

Unread 13-12-2018, 06:08 PM
magic_cantona

I was holding my great aunts (94 fair play) hand as she passed away at 11am yesterday morning. Got home and sorted after the game had long started and had read how poor we were. Flicks the game on just as Phil Jones is doing a Phil Jones and immediately turned it straight off. My auntie probably knew what was coming so couldn't be arsed hanging on for the game imo.

I wasn't surprised or angry with the result or reports of the performance. I won't be when Liverpool ruin us on Sunday either because nowt will change.

Unread 13-12-2018, 06:36 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I was holding my great aunts (94 fair play) hand as she passed away at 11am yesterday morning. Got home and sorted after the game had long started and had read how poor we were. Flicks the game on just as Phil Jones is doing a Phil Jones and immediately turned it straight off. My auntie probably knew what was coming so couldn't be arsed hanging on for the game imo.

I wasn't surprised or angry with the result or reports of the performance. I won't be when Liverpool ruin us on Sunday either because nowt will change.
Acceptance is the final stage, assume you've been to denial, anger, depression etc. I'm doing my utmost to move on to Couldn't give a £#%&! but my therapist just keeps recommending suicide

Condolences on the passing of your aunt

Unread 13-12-2018, 07:22 PM
MagnificentSeven

last season was far from a vintage united year but our league performance was our best since fergie. we should have kicked on from there. instead we've regressed, arguably even worse than the moyes season, which some people think we're still recovering from.

we need sorting asap or we'll just become another liverpool or leeds, years of mediocrity while our fans desperately cling onto the glory days to avoid coming to terms with our club no longer being a relevance. strike while it's still somewhat warm.

Unread 13-12-2018, 07:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
last season was far from a vintage united year but our league performance was our best since fergie. we should have kicked on from there. instead we've regressed, arguably even worse than the moyes season, which some people think we're still recovering from.

we need sorting asap or we'll just become another liverpool or leeds, years of mediocrity while our fans desperately cling onto the glory days to avoid being viewed as an irrelevance.
The change needs to come from the top. And unfortunately our owners and execs don't give 2 solitary £#%&!s about football.

Unread 13-12-2018, 07:27 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The change needs to come from the top. And unfortunately our owners and execs don't give 2 solitary £#%&!s about football.
there's a lot of work to be done, from top to bottom.

we won five titles since the glazers took over, but that was because fergie had a real aura about him. players wanted to play for him, and those that didn't got told where to go. to many, many people, he is manchester united. not the set of dour, negative managers we've had since who employ a brand of football averse to what this club has been about, who let players assume power.

Unread 13-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
there's a lot of work to be done, from top to bottom.

we won five titles since the glazers took over, but that was because fergie had a real aura about him. players wanted to play for him, and those that didn't got told where to go. to many, many people, he is manchester united. not the set of dour, negative managers we've had since who employ a brand of football averse to what this club has been about, who let players assume power.
we need a real change of priorities and direction. At the moment we're a marketing agency with a weekend football team. That needs to £#%&!ing change.

Football needs to become the priority again at manchester united and only new owners with a new vision will bring about that change. The glazers have destroyed something that we spent 20 odd years building because they don't really care about anything else apart from how much money they can get out of it. I say we because we've all spent our time and money following United and most of us have contributed more of our own money than that family of yank parasites ever have.

We've turned into an absolute circus, the people now at the heart of the club don't care about the club. They're out for themselves . I include the manager and certain players in that too.

Unread 13-12-2018, 09:05 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
we need a real change of priorities and direction. At the moment we're a marketing agency with a weekend football team. That needs to £#%&!ing change.

Football needs to become the priority again at manchester united and only new owners with a new vision will bring about that change. The glazers have destroyed something that we spent 20 odd years building because they don't really care about anything else apart from how much money they can get out of it. I say we because we've all spent our time and money following United and most of us have contributed more of our own money than that family of yank parasites ever have.

We've turned into an absolute circus, the people now at the heart of the club don't care about the club. They're out for themselves . I include the manager and certain players in that too.
And that’s exactly as we were under Edwards and whether it was luck or judgment it was only when we got Sir Alex (and then Eric) did things change. We are now years away from that again. Be lucky to win the league within the next 3 or 4 years min.
Closed Thread