United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2012, 09:59 AM
neworder

Default Title Scenarios

Anyone clued up on how we can win the title?

I'm terrible at stuff like this but it seems to me that if city win all of their games until the derby and we do as well, we could win the league there with just a draw

Would rather win it vs Everton and go there as champions tbh

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:12 AM
wiganste

Utd fixtures

Wed 11th - Wigan Away
Sun 15th - Villa Home
Sun 22nd - Everton Home
Mon 30th - City away

City fixtures

Wed 11th - West Brom Home
Sat 14th - Norwich away
Sun 22nd - Wolves away
Mon 30th - United Home

Our next 4 fixtures - you would have to say that we should get maximum points from our next 3. City may struggle at Norwich

If we win our next 3, and cITY do, we can win it at the Ethiad with a point

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:15 AM
borsuk

if we're 10 clear by the derby they'll clap us onto the pitch - one draw for them and us carrying on winning will do it.

if we're 7 clear by the end of the derby we'll have won the title there. be £#%&!ing ace if the trophy could be presented there but the fa isn't keen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ster-City.html

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:33 AM
rogieop

would love to win it there

blue moon,
you started singing too soon,
some thing something something,
you cant win titles in june

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:58 AM
neworder

If city lose against West Brom and Norwich can we be crowned champions on Sunday?

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworder
If city lose against West Brom and Norwich can we be crowned champions on Sunday?
Yes.

You really are shit at maths aren't you?

Edit: They can even draw one of those games and we'd win it.

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Yes.

You really are shit at maths aren't you?

Edit: They can even draw one of those games and we'd win it.
if we beat Wigan

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:48 AM
denis lawless

how many of you are going to stick 33K on to win a grand......

or even 3300 quid to win 100

its free money, surely

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:55 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
how many of you are going to stick 33K on to win a grand......

or even 3300 quid to win 100

its free money, surely
better off with 15180 stamps to win £2,125

Unread 09-04-2012, 12:07 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
better off with 15180 stamps to win £2,125
Green Shield

Unread 09-04-2012, 12:35 PM
dunk

I wouldn't be surprised if West Brom got a result at the council house. They have given up now and are running on empty, they will be saving all remaining resources for our visit, they need to beat us to save some face.

Unread 09-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Luffy

More interested in the scenarios that involve us dropping some points over the next 3 games. Massive task to keep this team focused now, everyone talking like its over, it bloody isn't!

Our downfall this season has been taking our eye off the ball, taking it easy against the likes of Basle and Benfica, even Ajax and athletic. Blackburn and so on. This team has a tendency to stop playing when they think it's gonna be easy or already over. It's happened time and time again this season and in a way it would perfectly sum up our season if we let this lead slip or end up hanging on the way we did against Basle and fulham.

If we go into the next 3 games feeling casual we'll get stung and given the way everyone's talking thats a real danger. 1 loss or a couple of draws and they can suddenly take it down to the wire where we play Sunderland and Martin o Neil can try and make his earlier threat come true. Can you imagine the frenzy if we drop points?

Hopefully Mancini has lost the plot and the city team just implodes from here, but the pressure is completely off them now and I suspect they'll pull themselves together.

Utd never do it the easy way.

Unread 09-04-2012, 12:44 PM
dunk

City have lost Balotelli for the season, Silva is £#%&!ed, Aguero isn't fit and Yaya took a nasty one yesterday, that's a big chunk of their team £#%&!ed.

Unread 09-04-2012, 01:02 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
City have lost Balotelli for the season, Silva is £#%&!ed, Aguero isn't fit and Yaya took a nasty one yesterday, that's a big chunk of their team £#%&!ed.
my heart bleeds for them

Unread 09-04-2012, 01:02 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
More interested in the scenarios that involve us dropping some points over the next 3 games. Massive task to keep this team focused now, everyone talking like its over, it bloody isn't!

Our downfall this season has been taking our eye off the ball, taking it easy against the likes of Basle and Benfica, even Ajax and athletic. Blackburn and so on. This team has a tendency to stop playing when they think it's gonna be easy or already over. It's happened time and time again this season and in a way it would perfectly sum up our season if we let this lead slip or end up hanging on the way we did against Basle and fulham.

If we go into the next 3 games feeling casual we'll get stung and given the way everyone's talking thats a real danger. 1 loss or a couple of draws and they can suddenly take it down to the wire where we play Sunderland and Martin o Neil can try and make his earlier threat come true. Can you imagine the frenzy if we drop points?

Hopefully Mancini has lost the plot and the city team just implodes from here, but the pressure is completely off them now and I suspect they'll pull themselves together.

I understand your concerns, and they're not without foundation, but i just cant see it. Whichever way you look at it, the gap is too big. Five points, yes. Only one had result from making it interesting, but eight is too much. A two game cushion with six to play? C'mon, weve made hard work of things in the past, but nobody had ever blown that ay this stage. And look at the two sides. We're focussed, relentless and calm.

city look like they could drop points to anyone right now. They are crushed and beaten. It's over. We may hiccup, but it Wont be enough. It's done. We've done it and itd wonderful.

Unread 09-04-2012, 01:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
my heart bleeds for them
I wasn't being sympathetic, just pointing out the chances of them winning again this season aren't that high

Unread 09-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
my heart bleeds for them

Unread 09-04-2012, 01:08 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wasn't being sympathetic, just pointing out the chances of them winning again this season aren't that high
i know. but my heart does bleed for them

Unread 09-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
. Massive task to keep this team focused now, everyone talking like its over, it bloody isn't!

:shakehead:

Its over Luffy, Crack a smile Grumpy.

Unread 09-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Don Gorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
:shakehead:

Its over Luffy, Crack a smile Grumpy.
Notice you've still not had a shave, you shit house
Closed Thread