United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Part 36 Offer

Best player in the league by far - still sickens me to my core that heís at city.

Unread 02-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Seamus

its his other knee so he could end up with 2 dodgy knees

Unread 02-11-2018, 10:09 AM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Best player in the league by far - still sickens me to my core that heís at city.
Yeah.

Mourinho had him and let him go.

Unread 02-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Yeah.

Mustíve a lot of thought into that, pal

Unread 02-11-2018, 10:55 AM
puressence

Out for a month :d

Unread 02-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Yeah.

The whole 'Jose let him go' argument doesn't really stand up when put into the context of how he was regarded by every other manager in Europe at the time. He was so unproven, the best club he could get to take a punt on him was mid table Wolfsburg, and that was even after a year of showing what he could do with regular games on loan at Werder Bremen.

Chelsea had Lampard, Mata, Oscar, Ramires, Obi Mikel, Malouda, Matic and Willian ahead of him. Jose wanted him to stay but no one could really blame him for wanting to get game time to develop.

Unread 02-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
The whole 'Jose let him go' argument doesn't really stand up when put into the context of how he was regarded by every other manager in Europe at the time. He was so unproven, the best club he could get to take a punt on him was mid table Wolfsburg, and that was even after a year of showing what he could do with regular games on loan at Werder Bremen.

Chelsea had Lampard, Mata, Oscar, Ramires, Obi Mikel, Malouda, Matic and Willian ahead of him. Jose wanted him to stay but no one could really blame him for wanting to get game time to develop.
Need to add in some other facts, like he shagged Courtois' bird (or ex) and there was apparently a lot of friction in the dressing room. De Bryune was an absolute snowflake at the time as well, desperately needed an arm around the shoulder but Jose didn't have time for it by all accounts. Told him to harden the fuck up, De Bruyne ended up at Wolfsburg & likely realised he'd prefer to be back at a big club and knuckled down.

Sometimes it is about the player, sometimes it's about the manager, usually both but there's plenty to get your head around rather than Jose thought he was shit & sacked him off.

Unread 02-11-2018, 12:34 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Out for a month :d
given thats coming from you, i'm throwing the mortgage on him scoring first v us and it being a 1-0 win for City

Unread 02-11-2018, 01:03 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
given thats coming from you, i'm throwing the mortgage on him scoring first v us and it being a 1-0 win for City
dont you rent above a takeaway ?

Unread 02-11-2018, 01:05 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
dont you rent above a takeaway ?

no mate. i definitely dont