BUT

He's a slap head who got substituted.

£#%&! him.
Greame Hogg.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
yep. its like barcelona selling messi and buying lee martin off us.
you're starting to remind me of this :-

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Didn't this lad fail to get a first team place at Bordeaux? I'd say that doesn't sound too promising.
He's 19/20 and they're the national champions.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Didn't this lad fail to get a first team place at Bordeaux? I'd say that doesn't sound too promising.
Are we talking about a future star?
Well, a lot of people in France think he could become something really special. He hasn’t quite progressed at the rate people had hoped after his debut at 17, but he’s also been a little bit unlucky. Last year, for instance, Bordeaux played Roma in the Champions League and Obertan started terrifically. Bordeaux went 1-0 up and things were looking really good. But then their centre-back was sent off and Obertan was sacrificed for a defender and Bordeaux ended up losing. Similar things have happened on one or two other occasions and there was a feeling that it just wasn’t going to happen for him at Bordeaux, a feeling that luck just wasn’t going his way.

He was sent out on loan to FC Lorient for the second half of 2008/09. They’re not exactly a big club…That’s true, but he did very well at Lorient. And the fact that Bordeaux sent him on loan to a struggling side shouldn’t be seen as a negative. I think it served two purposes: it said to him that he needed to play more games and start making some progress, but it also would have provided a valuable education. Lorient are a modest club without bells or whistles – he would have been forced to work hard there and roll his sleeves up and get stuck in. While he was there he played for France U21s against England U21s in Nottingham. France won that night, Obertan was the best player on the park and scored the first goal. That performance was a good indication of what he’s capable of.

Not saying he's gonna be the greatest signing ever, just that it's a bit early to write off such a young player and it seems some judges who actually know summat about him other than he has a big head and is #@&%!ed for comic effect, think he might have a deal of talent.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Zorg

I seem to remember Beckham being loaned out to Juventus at the same age. Oh hang on, it wasn't Juventus was it, it was Preston North End.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:08 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

No doubt whatever he does in a red shirt quite a few will label him as clumbsy. Just as Berbatov is lazy and Owen a past it scouse @#%&!.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
No doubt whatever he does in a red shirt quite a few will label him as clumbsy. Just as Berbatov is lazy and Owen a past it scouse @#%&!.
Owen is a past it scouse @#%&!

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:12 PM
JakeB

Quote:

4 months ago...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ouchables.html

and now look at us.

Your statement about not posting on uniteds transfers lasted long

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:12 PM
S/Side.Red

That video of him against England looks quite promising. As already said earlier in the thread, he looks quite an incisive user of the ball for someone so young and the physical attributes, technical ability and pace is clearly there. Looks a pretty talented all-round player. Who'd have thought it, eh?

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:14 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
. Who'd have thought it, eh?
not blanc by the sounds of things.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:16 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Owen is a past it scouse @#%&!
I'll accept the scouse @#%&! bit, as is Rooney just incase you forgot. As for past it let's wait and see.

dunk

Quote:
That video of him against England looks quite promising. As already said earlier in the thread, he looks quite an incisive user of the ball for someone so young and the physical attributes, technical ability and pace is clearly there. Looks a pretty talented all-round player. Who'd have thought it, eh?
I've yet to see that video, but I've seen a couple of others and read a bit, you would have to say it looks quite a promising signing.

JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Looked promising there. Lots of pace, good on the counter attack. His passing looked quite good too.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
not blanc by the sounds of things.
According to the opening post, Blanc saw fit to start him in a crucial Champions League match with Roma at the age of 19. Being surprised at him moving now isn't the same as not thinking he's got the talent to make it at United.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
I'll accept the scouse @#%&! bit, as is Rooney just incase you forgot. As for past it let's wait and see.
There is a subtle difference in scouseness between Rooney and Owen, if you are unaware of this, you ar struggling a bit.

And, in the case of Owen, he is past it until he proves otherwise. He has done £#%&! all in the last 4 years to suggest he isn't, I'm afraid. We will all wait with baited breath to see what the medical geniuses and coaching guru's at OT can do with him, if he proves he isn't past it, excellent.

He remains a scouse @#%&! though.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
According to the opening post, Blanc saw fit to start him in a crucial Champions League match with Roma at the age of 19. Being surprised at him moving now isn't the same as not thinking he's got the talent to make it at United.
Yeah, it seems more that he thinks it might be a bit early for him to move rather than a lack of talent/ability to make it at all surprising him.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Amish Mash

Quote:
There is a subtle difference in scouseness between Rooney and Owen, if you are unaware of this, you ar struggling a bit.

And, in the case of Owen, he is past it until he proves otherwise. He has done £#%&! all in the last 4 years to suggest he isn't, I'm afraid. We will all wait with baited breath to see what the medical geniuses and coaching guru's at OT can do with him, if he proves he isn't past it, excellent.

The difference being that Rooney is a Scouser

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:32 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:

A subtle difference in scouseness? Oh yeah Owen isn't from Liverpool whereas Rooney is. Is that the difference you mean? Fwiw they're both scouse @#%&!s but as soon as they put on that shirt as long as the both give it 100% that's all I give a £#%&! about. As someone famous once said, it's not where your from it's where your at.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Mash
The difference being that Rooney is a Scouser
And Owen is as much a Scouser as Matt Busby.

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
A subtle difference in scouseness? Oh yeah Owen isn't from Liverpool whereas Rooney is. Is that the difference you mean? Fwiw they're both scouse @#%&!s but as soon as they put on that shirt as long as the both give it 100% that's all I give a £#%&! about. As someone famous once said, it's not where your from it's where your at.
£#%&!ing hell.

Owen played for, and scored several against us for Liverpool. Have you heard of them?

Rooney played a few games for Everton and has every bit as much disregard for the @#%&!s across Stanley Park as we have.

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' or something like that.

Owen is a scouse @#%&!, in terms of his playing history.

He's a welsh @#%&!, technically.
Closed Thread