United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
View Poll Results: Gilets
Disgusting garment 15 31.91%
Love them 17 36.17%
No strong opinions 9 19.15%
Decent but worn by b*****ds. Avoid. 2 4.26%
Will this pain ever end 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Unread 23-02-2021, 12:09 PM
suedeshoes
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Since when did they stop calling them body warmers?
Maybe since less intelligent people started being too literal and setting fire to them.
 
Unread 23-02-2021, 12:11 PM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
I'm in FS, hyman could have just nailed the demographic here
does your boss wear one?

I've noticed this creepy trend as corporate culture gets more casual for employees to take their style cues from their superiors.

One time my old boss came in wearing flip flops The next day three others did the same.
 
Unread 23-02-2021, 12:17 PM
est.1878
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
does your boss wear one?

I've noticed this creepy trend as corporate culture gets more casual for employees to take their style cues from their superiors.

One time my old boss came in wearing flip flops The next day three others did the same.


Utter lemmings. Guess there's an element there of dressing down" what can we get away with" though. Offices are soul killers. Not a day I don't fantasise about walking out and becoming a labourer.
 
Unread 23-02-2021, 12:28 PM
Hyman_Roth
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post


Utter lemmings. Guess there's an element there of dressing down" what can we get away with" though. Offices are soul killers. Not a day I don't fantasise about walking out and becoming a labourer.
My time gardening/semi labouring in between proper jobs was the happiest Iíve ever been. Lots of physical activity to deal with my hd tv affliction, Adonis bod despite having a chippy dinner every dinner everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
Maybe since less intelligent people started being too literal and setting fire to them.
 
Unread 23-02-2021, 12:32 PM
Fat Al
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
My time gardening/semi labouring in between proper jobs was the happiest Iíve ever been. Lots of physical activity to deal with my hd tv affliction, Adonis bod despite having a chippy dinner every dinner everyday.



if I could find a van driving job that paid the same as my current job, I'd take it.
 
Unread 23-02-2021, 12:34 PM
Sapien
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Tbf, theyíre mandatory in the financials services game arenít they? You can only apply for jobs if you list your gilet ownership history from what Iíve heard.

Yes I had a schoffel hunting gilet whilst I was at Citibank but took on a Patagonia blue as soon as I moved to Schroederís.
They are fairly prevalent tbf. Including some company branded monstrosities. I'd never wear them indoors personally.
 
Unread 23-02-2021, 12:45 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

f***ing hell, office workers are wearing these
 
Unread 23-02-2021, 01:04 PM
Bobda
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
f***ing hell, office workers are wearing these
* DoubleDenimDorian leaves the chatroom *

Office workers is the final nail in the coffin, a victory for the disgusting garment gang.
 
Unread 23-02-2021, 01:08 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Binned all of mine, would rather freeze than be a water cooler lemming...
 
Unread 23-02-2021, 01:19 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Binned all of mine, would rather freeze than be a water cooler lemming...
A very recent decision?
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Gilets: a style flash poll
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saturday lifestyle flash poll est.1878 Off Topic 70 30-11-2020 11:09 PM
Camping : flash poll est.1878 Off Topic 40 17-08-2020 05:27 PM
Best UK midfielder : flash poll est.1878 Football 71 30-04-2020 05:17 AM
Valentines day : flash poll est.1878 Off Topic 78 16-02-2020 09:27 AM
Mcr Christmas markets : flash poll est.1878 Off Topic 41 17-11-2019 10:10 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:43 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.