Originally Posted by AK14
Canít wait for F4
I think we need an alt+F4

Unread 11-12-2020, 12:53 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
'We're in the end game now'

Another death knell for cinema. People have slowly been turning their heads to the cinematic TV event rather than the film format. This is like printing money for Disney. Devs was an example of what could have easily been a film but stretched out into the mini series format. It'll be happening a lot more.

Not going to lie I am a bit interested in Wandavision.

The Marvel stuff has a publication history so I can see the exploitative aspect. The Star Wars ones are just a piss take.
Understand where your coming from but the corporate heads and the studios themselves have done the film format no favours in recent years . With all the Retcons,remakes and reboots there has been a dearth of new original content for years now . At least with the episodic format of the small screen there is room for ideas and charcter development

However just like the films the 'cinematic TV format' will inevitably suffer the same fate because ultimately the same people will be primarily chasing money above all.Some will be shit and offer nothing more than monster of the week whilst others will be dragged out and puffed out in order to smash out 10 episodes over 5 seasons .

The issue isn't the format it's the lack of imagination of the money men and their pursuit oof immediate profit that results in dross

Out of all the new shows announced yesterday I'd put money on the new 'Alien' series being the pick of the bunch .Noah Crawley from 'Fargo' and 'Legion' will be running things with input from Ridley Scott

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...r-noah-hawley/

BTW Devs was great and I'd rather watch that than some unimaginative shitty space opera

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:07 AM
Cream

What in the name of f*** is Wandavision all about?

Had heard criticisms but this is an absolute piss take.

Iím on the 3rd episode and thereís zero movement. Just two super powered spastics experiencing life in a retro sitcom. Itís not funny, thereís no peril, they have almost no awareness that theyíre trapped in a different dimension.

As thereís no exposition, whatís the point to anyone watching it?

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:14 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post

Iím on the 3rd episode and thereís zero movement. Just two super powered spastics experiencing life in a retro sitcom. Itís not funny, thereís no peril, they have almost no awareness that theyíre trapped in a different dimension.

Slow burner and itís building towards a couple of upcoming movies

Itís great... if you like superheroes and have read the comics etc

Probably shit if you donít like any of that kinda of stuff.

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:16 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

Havenít watched it but Iím sure I read the end of episode 3 is where things start happening. It constantly pops up in my recommended vids on YouTube because I looked up the Mandalorian once

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:21 AM
no fun

I imagine this thread is popular with the ďlove giletsĒ c***s

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:46 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Doesn't really start until e4 and then a lot of that early stuff starts to make sense. I'm not a huge Marvel fab but Wandavision is pretty decent. Cleverer than the normal fluff.

But...what is it with these 20 minute episodes? For one of them it seemed that the intro and credits were longer than the actual show. Mandalorian was similar. f***ing annoying.

Last edited by shenwen; 23-02-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Unread 23-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Rorschach

There's a lot buried in WandaVision and it all starts to pay off gradually & will do when the new Dr Strange movie (& others) comes out.

I'm not well up on all the Marvel back-lore that they're now mining but a few Youtube spoiler videos set it out quite well & make the show better.

Not a fan of gillets.

Unread 23-02-2021, 02:43 PM
Cream

Yeah itís definitely worth making a show that starts on episode 4. Real clever.

Cannot see what they did there.